Can Adelaide still make it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 19, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Should they fight it out for a spot in the 8 in the hope that they may have their full squad back, or should they shut up shop and prepare for 2019 as suggested by the crew On the Couch.

Could be as high as 14 wins required this year. They have WCE, Richmond and Geelong after the bye. Would need to win all 3 to have a chance. Surely they are done.

They are done. Would be an amazing effort if they did make finals. Injuries cost them. Shame as they were a great team to watch last year. SA will have to put their faith in PA this year.

Crows just aren't a tanking kinda club. It's rare their club puts a weak team on the field. I think they'll turn it around and play finals.

If they don't and cant make it late in the season they might start sending players with niggles off to an early break to get right for 2019.

Laird, Lynch, Brown, Sloane all likely to return round 15. Matt Crouch, Walker and Jacobs a fortnight to build. Knight may also return.

Get 1 win out of the next 3, and their best footy is good enough to win the last 6 - a potentially hard run with Melbourne, Port and GWS in there, but get those teams at the right time and they could easily reverse the results from the original matches this season.

I'm now at the stage where I think the top 7 are probably set, and it's a race for 8th with North, Hawthorn, GWS and Adelaide. So Adelaide's best footy will be enough to get 13 wins. Their best footy, yes, but you surely back yourself in after a bye with returning senior players to play your best footy for 2 months, and don't tank?

They are unlikely to make finals I'd agree but just saying you can't throw in the towel if you just need to play your best footy. Geelong in Adelaide are gettable. Melbourne, Port, North at Adelaide Oval. Brisbane and Carlton away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Highly unlikely. We would need to win just about every game from here.

In 2 weeks we come back from the bye, if we get our guns back then or soon after, the club will absolutely make one last effort to make finals BUT if we dont get 2 out of 3 wins minimum against WCE RICH GEEL, then a fork needs to be put in the season and come back 2019.

Our window will be still open, pending off season changes if there are any.

Rival clubs will feast off our woe this year and if that means they underestimate us next year then all the better.

Confidence is shot, bad run with injuries as well. It looks unlikely but you never know, they might come out of the bye swinging but the way they are going this year they will cop some injuries over the bye.

Get a few players back and they can make it

Haven't got the cattle on the park at the moment
I dont agree with that. The guys they had out there have the capacity to play better than they did.
Any team will seriously miss guys like Smith, Laird, Sloan and Lynch of course. It explains why their ball movement has been way below their superb standard at it's best last year.

Injuries and lack of continuity can cause a lack of confidence too though, and I think it has.

I dont give us a pass for losing 4 in a row with injuries either. We've had the best inside mid rotations we've ever had this year, but we got smashed at the clearances at critical times against North and the Bombers.

Similarly the Crows have blown opportunities the players out there they wouldn't blow in better times. When they hit the front in the last qtr against us I thought we were gone, and then they took the foot off our throat, inexplicably.

Phil Davis spoke in his podcast after last year of the stress on him to try and keep the group positive when you lack continuity and guys are going down regularly.

I believe it's a head thing for the Crows as much as anything.

I dont agree with that. The guys they had out there have the capacity to play better than they did.
Any team will seriously miss guys like Smith, Laird, Sloan and Lynch of course. It explains why their ball movement has been way below their superb standard at it's best last year.

Injuries and lack of continuity can cause a lack of confidence too though, and I think it has.

I dont give us a pass for losing 4 in a row with injuries either. We've had the best inside mid rotations we've ever had this year, but we got smashed at the clearances at critical times against North and the Bombers.

Similarly the Crows have blown opportunities the players out there they wouldn't blow in better times. When they hit the front in the last qtr against us I thought we were gone, and then they took the foot off our throat, inexplicably.

Phil Davis spoke in his podcast after last year of the stress on him to try and keep the group positive when you lack continuity and guys are going down regularly.

I believe it's a head thing for the Crows as much as anything.
They are missing too many to say it's just head space

eTC11Vq.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back