Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banned from replying to the Crows' crisis thread on the main board but that Roovolution bloke continues to carry on like a pork chop and brings the topic back to Port Adelaide constantly.

The last time I went on the main board I had to read Hawks homers saying Burgoyne was better than Wanganeen.

Now I've had to read that Burgoyne is better than Enright.

What the af has happened to humans in the past decade?

The last time I went on the main board I had to read Hawks homers saying Burgoyne was better than Wanganeen.

Recency bias

That thread is 10 times more bizarre than any of the threads calling Brown superior to Tredrea/Riewoldt/Pavlich but I reckon the it comes from the same "good bloke" place.

Even Cats fans are nodding in agreement. I feel like I'm being Punk'd. Enright has a full 5 more AA guernseys and 2 premiership B&Fs earned through Hall of Fame level halfback play.

Wtf.

That thread is 10 times more bizarre than any of the threads calling Brown superior to Tredrea/Riewoldt/Pavlich but I reckon the it comes from the same "good bloke" place.

Even Cats fans are nodding in agreement. I feel like I'm being Punk'd. Enright has a full 5 more AA guernseys and 2 premiership B&Fs earned through Hall of Fame level halfback play.

Wtf.

I can't even think of a comparable precedent, it's that bizarrely left-field.

46k to Geelong vs Richmond.

Geelong fans voting with their feet and rejecting the idea that they should have to drive an hour to watch their team play their home game at the opposition home ground.

Suck s**t Gillon you ****stain.
Geelong are lucky to be the only team in Victoria with a legit home ground but it is still bullshit that they get moved around. Maybe, maybe justifiable for a final (although the case against that was made last year) but for a home and away game? Ridiculous.

I can't even think of a comparable precedent, it's that bizarrely left-field.
Maybe Essendon fans trying to argue that Scott Lucas was in the best since Carey CHF conversation? Maybe?

When Westhoff plays his 300th I'm gonna post a thread on the main board calling him Port's Adam Goodes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Essendon fans trying to argue that Scott Lucas was in the best since Carey CHF conversation? Maybe?

When Westhoff plays his 300th I'm gonna post a thread on the main board calling him Port's Adam Goodes.

It's the sheer hubris of it that gets me.

"He was excellent for us at times during what amounts to half his career, therefore he's better than a player who had a Team of the Century-calibre career for our rival over the entirety of his career".

- "... I agree with that logic."

Should I open an microwave stall at the next Crows home game? Insert game day memberships here.
Might even be easier to hand out free scissors.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This Crows fan wouldn't have got any joy from any of the plethora of sports on last night...

35273969_250972632331679_4858024937136324608_n.jpg

A We Want Answers AFC campaign, huh? The biggest velvet rope culture club in the land and these boobs think Fages, Roo, Chapman, Smart and co give a flying * what they think? They won't even grant you the clubrooms/social club you so desperately crave. You are nothing to them but a bank account to be milked. LOL WeWantAnswersAFC. Hahahahahahaha!

If we have Shaun Burgoyne in that 2014 team, do we win the flag?

If we're talking about the player Shaun Burgoyne should've been, yes. If we're talking about the player Shaun Burgoyne is, no.

If we're talking about the player Shaun Burgoyne should've been, yes. If we're talking about the player Shaun Burgoyne is, no.

Agreed

I remember there was a thread years ago where you were asked to name players who hadn't gone onto that next level. Named Shaun and got called for sour grapes - then after the three-peat it gets bumped.

I still think he's been a solid contributor in a great team - but only Port fans seem to remember the prolific, pack-busting, clearance magnet and goal-kicker he should have become but didn't have either the heart or physical condition to do so.

Enough is enough. I say we join our fine feathered brothers in this fight.

What do we want??

UPDATES ON THE WEBSITE PHOTO GALLERY HASN'T BEEN UPDATED SINCE LAST YEAR

When do we want it??

WITH SOME REGULARITY THROUGHOUT THE YEAR AS THINGS HAPPEN SO THAT WE CAN SEE PICTURES OF THOSE THINGS BY USING THE WEBSITE

Agreed

I remember there was a thread years ago where you were asked to name players who hadn't gone onto that next level. Named Shaun and got called for sour grapes - then after the three-peat it gets bumped.

I still think he's been a solid contributor in a great team - but only Port fans seem to remember the prolific, pack-busting, clearance magnet and goal-kicker he should have become but didn't have either the heart or physical condition to do so.

I remember two great Shaun Burgoyne performances. One against West Coast, the other against Collingwood. Too few and far between, and he should have won a brownlow such was his talent. Williams allowed him to coast, Shaun was more than happy to coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back