Dusty's brain fade

Remove this Banner Ad

May was about a foot away from the umpire. There is no way he didn't know where the umpire was. He bent over and shoved himself toward the umpire and pushed him to demonstrate his actions just like Dusty, except he pushed the umpire harder than Dusty did. If May gets a fine then Dusty gets one too. Simple.
Dusty pointed, remonstrated and argued with the ump, started to walk away then came back and pushed the ump. You can dress it up however you like he deserves a week for being a knob.

You have to think that if ever there was an issue that could not be more black and white, contact with the umpire is THE issue. The whole idea was to protect the umpire. For a guy earning $1M a year a $1500 fine is lunch money and says "Yes you can touch the umpire"

From the Richmond board...

'My take is he didn’t actually make contact , the umpire arched his back to avoid it . Watch very closely and there’s no deflection on the umpires shirt.'

Dear oh dear

Hot take from that poster.

I reckon It wasn't even Dusty who did it. It's his twin, while the real Dusty is still in New Zealand with his old man.

Idiots punished a lesserlight, setting a precedent they weren't prepared to follow if a star player did the same. Carlton should ask for an explanation.

Will Whately call it a disgrace tonight and suggest the AFL have to appeal it? Why did Christian send others straight to the tribunal but has suddenly been able to come up with his own punishment since then? He knows that Gleeson would win a week off, that's why.

Corrupt system.

Idiots punished a lesserlight, setting a precedent they weren't prepared to follow if a star player did the same. Carlton should ask for an explanation.

Will Whately call it a disgrace tonight and suggest the AFL have to appeal it? Why did Christian send others straight to the tribunal but has suddenly been able to come up with his own punishment since then? He knows that Gleeson would win a week off, that's why.

Corrupt system.
The precedent was May. Touching the umpire in the process of demonstrating what the action was. May got a fine. Move on.

The precedent was May. Touching the umpire in the process of demonstrating what the action was. May got a fine. Move on.

The demonstration wasn't the issue with May, it was that he didn't mean to make contact. Careless vs Intentional.

I thought there was a rule that forbid quoting posters from other boards.....

Quoting directly from the board so that you can see the poster and follow the link back to that board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that when Christian asked the umpire about the incident, he said it was amicable discussion. If the umpire concerned doesn't have a problem with it, why should the media then???

May was less than a foot from the umpire. He knew exactly where he was.

I agree. He had his head down while demonstrating that his opponent lead with the head. Dusty wasn't exactly demonstrating by putting a forearm in the air and accidentally applying it to the umpire's back.

How is that different? Is it protecting the poster? Gee, I wished I knew that and I've been here for over 10 years!

Not so much the poster, but trolling on team boards. Started out because the Bay were quoting directly and others were following the link back to the board to troll.

I know that because I've been here 18 years.

Interesting that when Christian asked the umpire about the incident, he said it was amicable discussion. If the umpire concerned doesn't have a problem with it, why should the media then???
And this is where sensible people draw the line.
It is a professional sport played by grown ups. The rules in junior footy are very different and so you cannot translate what happens here to what happens there.

You don't even know the reasons for the decision you are trying to use as a precedent... Derp.
SO you haven't watched Christian on foxsports then? That's exactly what he is saying. May is the precedent.