Aussies Abroad Thread

I'd prefer Arzani stay in the A-League than go to PSV only to play in the Eerste Divisie or something.

What about Rogic? Is PSV a step up from Celtic or a sideways move?
Pretty sideways, but maybe a change in style in terms of competition could help him. Sainsbury maybe, but I doubt he becomes the preferred Centre Half at a club like PSV

Sainsbury could be a decent shout. Keen on a move to Europe and read he would be happy to set down roots at a club for the rest of his career if it's a good fit. Another few strong performances and he'll have a few options available IMO.

Arzani probably should err on the side of caution and get more minutes under his belt, still got his whole career to try his luck in Europe. Quite a few before him have perhaps moved abroad too early and not kicked on due to not playing regularly. Though if he can get assurances on playing time, might be a good chance for him to play and train in a squad with higher calibre players.

Despite the penalty, I thought Risdon had a decent game given the immense threat of the French forwards, might be another who is considered for a move abroad.

Galaxie77

Team Captain
Sep 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Spezia Calcio.
I'd prefer Arzani stay in the A-League than go to PSV only to play in the Eerste Divisie or something.

What about Rogic? Is PSV a step up from Celtic or a sideways move?

Hopefully he chooses to play for Iran...

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Anyone know how an Aussie by the name of Ben Folami is faring at Ipswich? Young up and coming striker.

Anyone know how an Aussie by the name of Ben Folami is faring at Ipswich? Young up and coming striker.

I remember reading about his debut back in April I think? Pretty sure he has since signed a new deal at the club and probably hoping to break further into the first team this coming season.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

Played 5 games in the Championship in 17'/18' (More than Tim Cahill tbh), and banged them in the u/18's and u/23's for them.

He's definitely the best shout over the next 4 years, he should definitely be included in the Asian Cup Q's squads to get involved.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Mark Milligan boned from his Saudi club.

Back to the Victory one would think.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Mark Milligan boned from his Saudi club.

Back to the Victory one would think.

Doubt we'd take him back. He didn't win many friends with his attitude towards the club last season.

I doubt he'll have to come back anyway. He'll have other suitors across Asia.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Pasquali one of only 2 u/20 players in Ajax's senior team for their pre-sason game.

Unused sub, but moving up the order, great given his age.

sydney_gws

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
qpr
Doubt we'd take him back. He didn't win many friends with his attitude towards the club last season.

I doubt he'll have to come back anyway. He'll have other suitors across Asia.
An article on sbs says he has so far turned down 5 offers in Europe, I find that hard to believe. He did look ok at centre back versus France, but is a bit short to be a centre back

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Milligan has been incredibly overrated to me. If he came back to the Jets no one would have cared.

Still find it amazing he was once a target for Arsenal.

Can hold up the play but... what else? No real weapons.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pykie

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Calum Elder started for Leicester in a friendly overnight.

I think you will find him in the Socceroo's very soon.

Talk of a 2 year loan deal to Celtic for Arzani.....blah. Would much rather BVM/Van Bommel at PSV.

Calum Elder started for Leicester in a friendly overnight.

I think you will find him in the Socceroo's very soon.

Talk of a 2 year loan deal to Celtic for Arzani.....blah. Would much rather BVM/Van Bommel at PSV.
Positive thinking: He'll be playing with Rogic so they can develop some more chemistry.

Back