What the heck? Racist footy fan? Or just an ignorant dick-head?

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Stars
Sucks to hear about incidents like this, especially when they involve Eddie, as he is one of the kindest AFL Footballers I've ever met, and always has the time of day for every one, including opposition fans.

Still a very much loved figure by the CFC faithful, and always takes the time to come over and say hello to the CFC Cheersquad/fans etc when Adelaide play Carlton.

Philth

Club Legend
Feb 4, 2008
Geraldton
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Leeds United
Probably sheer ignorance. Still no excuse.

A couple of rules everyone, young or old needs to remember -

No referring to indigenous people as primates
No black face

Even if you're joking, don't ever do it or you'll be in strife.

Eddie McGuire learned this the hard way a few years ago with the Goodes/King Kong comment.

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
My god I say stuff like that on social media all the time. I wouldn't take him seriously at all. The fact he said the word "ape" proves to me he is aware of the previous Adam Goodes situation and is just a legend looking to rile up a lot of people and let them use him to look good in front of their friends and family on social media.

Bam_Bam_Aus

Cancelled
Sensible Type
Mar 7, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Football Club
My god I say stuff like that on social media all the time. I wouldn't take him seriously at all. The fact he said the word "ape" proves to me he is aware of the previous Adam Goodes situation and is just a legend looking to rile up a lot of people and let them use him to look good in front of their friends and family on social media.
What?

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
You fried campaigner :drunk:

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
Eddie Betts has done more to calm the waters when it comes to racist abuse over the fence than anyone in this game.
Just look at his response to the pig woman who threw the banana at him - "measured and forgiving and let's just go forward instead of dredging up the past"

I would suggest that he has ignored 99% more than he has ever highlighted - absolute class person and footballer.
Future Hall of Famer on both counts.

Great Post.
I love Eddie , my wife reckons he's the greatest, and we're Hawks & brainwashed too.

To think that the indigenous people who play our Indigenous game and the ones that do it at top level just about do it as well as anyone on earth let alone just Australia.

Might be wise for people to have look at the History and the Marn Grook " ball game" and some of the stories of Tom Wills, and his aboriginal friends in western Victoria, I happen to believe that Tom might have got his idea for training MCC cricketers in winter time by playing some foot on field game that they could keep fit with.

It was a game, that local aboriginals played amongst themselves over large distances with kicking and catching the stuffed skin of an animal I guess,
used as a ball.

I can't be 100% sure but its a fact about the game, and another ball game played by a different tribe may have been somewhat the same.

Someone will know.

What I 'm saying is this , I like to think that the first people the first Australians, were part of the reason the greatest sport ever existed.
Tom probably got some ideas from playing with the local aboriginal kids when he was growing up. Back in the 1840.s or before. Not sure.

The first time arranged cricket club footy was played, it was at what became the MCG, on or near but it was tree'd bushland and I think the cricketers played their footy match over a square mile of trees and bush. What a bloody sight that would have been.

When I watch our game and I think of the champions from our first nations people , it looks to me that they are simply made for Aussie rules.

It is a good feeling to think that our game is ours and theirs, yet we all own it. And we should all be the same. No ours and theirs in footy.

It brings we from 1st to 5th generation Australians right up to the generation now,and of immigrants in our times all together .

Along with the original owners of this land.

Now I am not trying to sound soppy here.
And I am no way, a backer or supporter in any shape or form of left wing "difference creators", "problem makers" in the Aboriginal industry.

I believe any good person, is a good person, and to think our indigenous game has some of the followers unable to watch without having a slur in their vocabulary, for one of the best Australian rules footballers ever, and maybe a Marn Grook descendent , who knows?

But you are an a-hole whoever you were, and the banana thrower, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Insult Eddie Betts and you insult every Aussie rules person, player , fan , follower, member, everyone! Black,white ,yellow, red!

Humans can be ignorant mongrels, I take my hat off to Eddie, I hope he gets his hammies sorted out and gets back on the ground.

We whities are not all bastards, but there are some with no brains, and racism is something you should not be outwardly indulged in ever,
and all humans can have bias, what ever their colour .

but this monkey nonsense, is an insult to me too, I , like Eddie , am a bloody human being .

Every one needs to have a think , and look at showing respect for the first humans on Aussie earth.

Who, some of them play footy friggin beautifully .

But they don't have to be good footballers , just , they can be us, and we are them! So insulters SHUT YOUR MOUTHS FROM NOW ON!

We're Aussies. Don't disrespect our footy culture, cause that's what you do! When you insult our players! All of them .

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn

f***ing awful post....seriously get a grip.

Last edited:

roacheee

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Aug 25, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I think Betts would be better off ignoring this s**t rather than highlighting it and playing the victim. The more you tell idiots not to say/do something, the more they'll do it
100 ******* percent wrong
i've worked with indigenous kids before and they shouldn't have to put up with this s**t
neither should adults in any line of work

Dec 29, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Norwood

Sigh
Seriously?

Oct 20, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pompey
Why do you do this? Are you in need of a life?

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
100 ******* percent wrong
i've worked with indigenous kids before and they shouldn't have to put up with this s**t
neither should adults in any line of work

Absolutely , and as far as Eddie goes and the Crows strange mind bending training , I hear a rumour here, WA, that Eddie wants out , I am not sure if its football he wants out of, or Crows he wants out of, or even if its true?

Just heard, but if this has anything to do with racial taunts then they should hunt down the ignoramooses that offend our footballers, or anyone for that matter!

Bam_Bam_Aus

Cancelled
Sensible Type
Mar 7, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Football Club
I hear a rumour here, WA, that Eddie wants out , I am not sure if its football he wants out of, or Crows he wants out of, or even if its true?

Oh FFS. How much more does he need to do to put this 'rumour' to bed?

“That’s not true,” Betts told FIVEaa on Wednesday. “I love the footy club. Ever since I moved across here the footy club and the town itself has treated me really, really well. I can’t see myself going anywhere else. I’ll finish my career at the Crows.”

https://www.fiveaa.com.au/shows/dav...esses-Bombshell-Report-About-Collective-Minds

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
30k fans at the ground and we are talking about 1 person. I'm all for calling these guys out but all you are doing is giving them the 10 seconds of fame they are hungry for.

Trust me these people dont like fame when it finds them.
They end up having to delete all social media due to the backlash.

Its great.

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
I think Betts would be better off ignoring this s**t rather than highlighting it and playing the victim. The more you tell idiots not to say/do something, the more they'll do it

you're not 'playing the victim' when you ARE the victim.
Also these things should be highlighted each and every time. i'm just sad he didnt release the persons name.

Back