Jeremy Cameron elbow on Harris Andrews

Remove this Banner Ad

Keep watching the footage guys. This is Cameron knowing he is not going to get to contest the ball & taking out a player with an elbow after the fact. Clear as day. The touch from Gardiner was minimal at best, it wasn't a push or shove. Watch the front on footage, Cameron's momentum never changed. 4 to 6. Should be more though.

The BBQ lawyers hard at work to generate this fantasy about it all being the fault of the nefarious "No. 27"

Pretty much every football follower thinks that was a dog act....

Can you imagine how pi**ed Leon Cameron would be at the moment, just cost his team any chance of making finals.

Just shows how little respect Jeremy Cameron has for his teammates and supporters to continually do stupid things like this.

6 weeks from the tribunal and suspended by GWS for the remainder of the season for letting the whole club down.....

what a s**t act... thats the kind of thing we dont want

if Douglas gets 1 week for a good harmless bump then Cameron should get 4- 6 for that elbow.

Pretty much every football follower thinks that was a dog act....

Can you imagine how pi**ed Leon Cameron would be at the moment, just cost his team any chance of making finals.

Just shows how little respect Jeremy Cameron has for his teammates and supporters to continually do stupid things like this.

6 weeks from the tribunal and suspended by GWS for the remainder of the season for letting the whole club down.....
Where did you get this nonsense from? Have a look at Leon's post match presser if you're in any doubt it's rubbish.

Argued momentum and he was trying to protect his own face from the contest with elbow as a shield.

Kid you not.

But that he still copped him with an elbow that he should of dropped as he started to turn and will still be in trouble

Exactly. It’s like no one on big footy ever played football themselves. Go through the motion to spoil as you are running. You raise you elbow up and then thrust fwd and extend/straighten out the arm to make contact with the ball and time your punch hits the ball to ground. No one runs around with stiff arms and raises them up to spoil in one stiff motion

He utensils the right arm, which looks like it should be the spoiling arm, and then utensils the left which hits Andrews...with his eyes firmly on Andrews, not the ball, the whole time after the initial action. They may well argue what you're saying - both arms cocked back to spoil, protecting himself etc but the fact that he turns the body, is late (you can argue Gardiner nudged him but Andrews was well in front of him regardless) and is not focused on the ball is enough. If he's attempted to spoil he's at the very least breached the duty of care. Someone with Cameron's record doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt in a scenario like that. I'd be shocked if he got away with 3 down to 2 as you've suggested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was accidentall IMO, he'll pay a hefty price though.
I'd say careless, but yeah.
Penalties are about outcomes now, and the effect on Andrew's was awful. Phil Davis commented about the shift in his podcast recently and he supports it. His argument basically was if you knife someone and they die the penalty is worse, footy should be the same.

The issue for me is now with a nasty injury you cant be a little bit guilty. You get off if your completely innocent, ala Cotchin on Shiel in the PF, or your screwed if you aren't squeaky clean.

I guess it's fair in the big picture. The best way to avoid these things is to motivate the players to be careful.

Didn't see much difference to this one that only earned Membrey two weeks.

If anything, Cameron was less culpable as he was looking away and it was sheer bad luck that he caught Andrews on the point of the chin and KO'd him. Reckless rather than intentional.

Andrews being something of a media favourite seems to have bestowed the Cameron incident with a touch of hysteria.

Agree. Outside of the hysteria and the want to be loudest person to shout 'dog act' I think it's clumsy but hardly Plugger on Caven.

Horrible, cowardly, indisciplined act. Did the job though. No KPD for Brisbane and old mate Jezza gets his goals and a few weeks off to fish.

Would like to see him get the same six weeks that Bugg got for his hit on Mills. Both dog hits.

I'd say careless, but yeah.
Penalties are about outcomes now, and the effect on Andrew's was awful. Phil Davis commented about the shift in his podcast recently and he supports it. His argument basically was if you knife someone and they die the penalty is worse, footy should be the same.

The issue for me is now with a nasty injury you cant be a little bit guilty. You get off if your completely innocent, ala Cotchin on Shiel in the PF, or your screwed if you aren't squeaky clean.

I guess it's fair in the big picture. The best way to avoid these things is to motivate the players to be careful.
Pretty hard to be careful when you're talking about split second decisions, people need to realise it's a contact sport and accidents happen, i certainly didn't see any intent to hurt, was just accidental contact IMO.

Horrible, cowardly, indisciplined act. Did the job though. No KPD for Brisbane and old mate Jezza gets his goals and a few weeks off to fish.

Would like to see him get the same six weeks that Bugg got for his hit on Mills. Both dog hits.
Mate, a dozen similar incidents happen every game, the only reason this is being blown up is because the player was hurt, looked to me that once he knew contact was unavoidable he protected himself by raising his arm, was not intentional IMO.

Interesting the Membrey act from last year was graded as careless. If that’s the case then Cameron’s can’t possibly be intentional. GWS will have the Membrey hit on repeat in the tribunal hearing I’d say

He’s going to get suspended for 4+ weeks for this. How many other players in the comp have been suspended for 4 or more weeks twice? I’m tipping none.

One for a bump that would have been perfectly legal if it was cms lower. One for a clumsy spoil. Stop posting the over emotional language like a journalist.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve never protected myself in a contest by leading with my elbow.

Those saying it’s similar to Membreys and should get 2 weeks also forget how large a part medical reports play in these things. Grimes got up and took his kick; Andrews physically couldn’t get up on his own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back