Official Team Thread Mount Buller Demons - Season 25 Team Thread - Congratulations Yakker - #DeestroyS25

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 7 - East Side Hawks vs Mount Buller Demons at Waverley Park

A cloudy day greeted the team as they arrived at Waverly Park for their round 7 match against the hawks. This was game 298 on the #marchto300 for Headless. A see sawing match with plenty of lead changes with only a point separating the two sides going into the final term. Sound familiar?

The Hawks got the jump on the MBD pushing out to a 3 goal lead. The Dees fought back gallantly to get within a kick but ran out of time and went down by 5 points.

Ending Round 7 with 3 wins and 4 losses, it’s hard to imagine ‘what if’ with 3 of those 4 losses being a flip of the coin.

East Side Hawks 20.9 (129) defeated Mount Buller Demons 19.10 (124)
517685_9eedf6a2e1bf5ac0fc308e21c4269083.png

Votes:
5 – DemonJim ran the midfield, using the ball well 28 times and popping up with 2 goals to go with 9 tackles
4 – fancyscum snagged 5 goals and was our main goal threat.
3 – Most likely a world record, Yakker laid 16 tackles to go with 25 disposals and a goal.
2 – Tarkyn_24 was our highest possession get with 28, and managed to keep the pressure on with 5 big tackles.
1 – Rodney kept up some good goalkicking form with 4

TheTrader,15 Headless and cooney were all unlucky to get in the votes

This speech is too classy. Imposter!
I wanted to get it out quickly before i got kicked off the stage. Im known to speak for as long as possible when im allowed to do speeches.

Rodders is a good egg. And im stoked i got to accept the award on his behalf.

Btw where are your 3 cheers

Round 8 Sin City Swamprats vs Mount Buller Demons at Underground Stadium

The Dees met the Swampies at the underground stadium and were keen to get back on their winning streak after the narrow defeat at the hands of the Hawks. Rodders lined up at FF again looking to better his 4 goal haul from last week. After a tight tussle in the opening term the Dees opened up a 33 point lead in the second. It seemed Mt Buller were all over the Swampies however it would seem they fell asleep and the rats bounced back to regain the lead and the Dees trailed by 5 points going in to the final term. Dingster kicked a goal in the opening minutes of the final quarter to put the rats up by 10 points however this only seemed to wake the Dees up and they piled on the next 31 points without reply which included 11 scoring shots to nil.

Sin City Swamprats 16.2 (98) lost to Mount Buller Demons 17.17 (119) – Back on an even ledger with 4 wins and 4 losses at the half way point of the season.

517686_c2fdcdc1beb4cd40ac2ff900fa76563b.png

VOTES
5 – Headless was a clear Best on Ground with 33 quality disposals
4 – Tarkyn_24 went 22+2 in an all-round performance
3 – Yakker matched his mate Tarks, going 22+2 with 4 tackles
2 – Proper Gander continued a solid debut season with 4 goals from the flank.
1 – amos continued a bright start to his MBD career, with 2 goals from 16 disposals in the much un-loved CHF position in the sim.

It was an all-round performance with TheTrader15, Rodders and DJ also performing well.

proxy.php

DEESTROY LEADERBOARD AFTER ROUND 8 - MID-POINT OF THE SEASON
19 - Yakker
18 - Sante
14 - DemonJim
10 - fancyscum
10 - Freo Hammer 21
7 - Headless
6 - Tarkyn_24
6 - amos
5 - cooney
4 - Proper Gander
4 - RodneyDangerfield
4 - TheTrader15
3 - lanky_wes
3 - brucetiki
3 - Van_Dyke
2 - sausageroll
1 - roo2macca
1 - deaneus

Yakker has hit the lead with a quiet patch from sante, with DemonJim, fancyscum and Freo Hammer 21 not too far behind.

All good you haven’t won anything.

You were named in the Round 1 team though so congratulations I guess.
It’s a start. In the infamous words of Marika (Con the fruiterers wife)

I no complain

proxy.php

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - SEASON 25
Mount Buller are a pretty lucky club - We are one of the only two foundation teams left in the comp, and have a rich tapestry of posters throughout the last 25 seasons. Some of the biggest names in the competition have Mount Buller blood in them.

Proper Gander looks to have all the attributes and elements that can make waves in the Sweet FA. She is funny, quick, engaging and fun. That's what we love. PG is held in very high regard on the Melbourne Board, and it's easy to see why.

On the field, PG made an instant impact with a few bags early on, as well as the sealer in just her second or third game and finished equal second on the MBD goal-kicker list.

Congratulations to PG - well deserved, and we all hope you stick around and find your feet in the league. It's been an enjoyable season, and let's just hope we can win more games than lose to make it more enjoyable for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This now marks the half way point through the B+F.

BLERN and Headless. I am going to head out the back for a smoke. Be back in 5.

Hey! I’m rookie of the year!

Okay then good. I don’t need any more points now. Yakker and his fish can have them.
You’re showing poor judgement under my leadership :(

Never, ever give the captain any reason to feel good about himself. Ever.

#leadership

proxy.php

Mount Buller are a pretty lucky club - We are one of the only two foundation teams left in the comp, and have a rich tapestry of posters throughout the last 25 seasons. Some of the biggest names in the competition have Mount Buller blood in them.

Proper Gander looks to have all the attributes and elements that can make waves in the Sweet FA. She is funny, quick, engaging and fun. That's what we love. PG is held in very high regard on the Melbourne Board, and it's easy to see why.

On the field, PG made an instant impact with a few bags early on, as well as the sealer in just her second or third game and finished equal second on the MBD goal-kicker list.

Congratulations to PG - well deserved, and we all hope you stick around and find your feet in the league. It's been an enjoyable season, and let's just hope we can win more games than lose to make it more enjoyable for you.
Congrats Proper Gander

Heres to many more seasons of entertainment

unnamed (32).gif

proxy.php

Commiserations BLERN , thought you were unlucky.

Congratulations Proper Gander Gander.

You’re showing poor judgement under my leadership :(

Never, ever give the captain any reason to feel good about himself. Ever.

#leadership
#sackyak

Commiserations BLERN , thought you were unlucky.

Congratulations Proper Gander Gander.
Oh i dont need awards. I get more acknowledgment than my ego needs. I enjoy being involved in other peoples awards more than receiving them.

Plus PG is a gem and is the obvious choice for the award

Remove this Banner Ad

Back