List Mgmt. Draft Needs 2018 : Rankine/Lukosius/Rozee/Hately etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a look at the performances of some of the debutants this year from the top 25 players in last year’s draft, Stevenson, cerra, Richards, Higgins, Fogarty, Kelly, Fogarty, Raynor, Dow etc, geez there are some lads there that have come straight in to their respective clubs and had an impact already.

We already have 3 picks in the top 25 in this year’s draft that is heralded as one of the best drafts in a decade so the talent in this year’s top 25 is apparently a lot better than last year’s. Sloane leaves and we have 4..

That’s 4 players that could come into our side next season and have an immediate impact... this talk of trading three of these potential picks to get Lukosius is just silly I think. It could be considered akin to right now trading a Cerra, Stevenson and Richards for a Lukosious when we haven’t even seen Lukosious play at this level yet and probably won’t have an immediate spot for him in our forward line next season even if McGovern did leave and that would mean we’d have 5 picks in the top 25..

at the very most I think trading two of these 4 picks to get Rankine would be all we should be considering. Then we might end up with no Sloane next year but Rankine and two other potential guns that can have an immediate effect.

Having a look at the performances of some of the debutants this year from the top 25 players in last year’s draft, Stevenson, cerra, Richards, Higgins, Fogarty, Kelly, Fogarty, Raynor, Dow etc, geez there are some lads there that have come straight in to their respective clubs and had an impact already.

We already have 3 picks in the top 25 in this year’s draft that is heralded as one of the best drafts in a decade so the talent in this year’s top 25 is apparently a lot better than last year’s. Sloane leaves and we have 4..

That’s 4 players that could come into our side next season and have an immediate impact... this talk of trading three of these potential picks to get Lukosius is just silly I think. It could be considered akin to right now trading a Cerra, Stevenson and Richards for a Lukosious when we haven’t even seen Lukosious play at this level yet and probably won’t have an immediate spot for him in our forward line next season even if McGovern did leave and that would mean we’d have 5 picks in the top 25..

at the very most I think trading two of these 4 picks to get Rankine would be all we should be considering. Then we might end up with no Sloane next year but Rankine and two other potential guns that can have an immediate effect.
Wherever Lukosius goes if he's fit he'll play. Lukosius played all of Wing/defence/forward on the weekend and didn't lookout of place in any of them. Impeccable foot skills like his are needed badly at all clubs including ours. Don't pigeon hole Lukosiusas a one trick pony, he can play almost any position on the ground if required.

Wherever Lukosius goes if he's fit he'll play. Lukosius played all of Wing/defence/forward on the weekend and didn't lookout of place in any of them. Impeccable foot skills like his are needed badly at all clubs including ours. Don't pigeon hole Lukosiusas a one trick pony, he can play almost any position on the ground if required.
Absolutely - he would be extremely versatile. Maybe what BC was alluding to is that if we have 3 picks inside top 20 and maybe engineer a 4th pick there, we should prioritise getting Rankine and a couple of others so could have 3 guys that could be ready to go for next year and come straight in rather than tip all the eggs into just Lukosius (if it were somehow possible to trade for the no 1 pick)

Twomey seems to be the only one talking about Walsh as a potential number 1 pick. Everywhere else Lukosius seems to be the consensus number 1. Twomey may well follow the under 18's closely (I don't know) but he does seem to come off as a bit of an idiot so I don't know how much to believe him.

Just paid to create content that will spark some interest and conversation around this years draft.

I think he must have very good connections with some of the club's list managers. He used to be pretty close with his final phantom draft predictions. But his phantom drafts change massively from this early, until the one he publishes before the draft. IIRC he didn't do as well in 2017 as he did in 2016, maybe he is slipping. If you look at his final draft predictions, he doesnt seem to have any good intelligence from interstate clubs. But he seems to have pretty good info from the vic clubs. I reckon the bad info he had at Freo, threw a lot of his other predictions around too. Taking Brayshaw at 2, allowed North to go for LDU, who may have taken Fog there for all we know. Collingwood may have taken Cerra over Stephenson if he was available. Nailed the Saints and Bulldogs picks. Got Carlton's pick for Dow right (easy) but didnt nail their next pick. Didnt know what GWS was doing, which then allowed us to take Fog. Etc.

I get the feeling he relies more on inside info than his own eye for talent.

Absolutely - he would be extremely versatile. Maybe what BC was alluding to is that if we have 3 picks inside top 20 and maybe engineer a 4th pick there, we should prioritise getting Rankine and a couple of others so could have 3 guys that could be ready to go for next year and come straight in rather than tip all the eggs into just Lukosius (if it were somehow possible to trade for the no 1 pick)
Exactly what I was on about!

no doubt you’re right... but if we retain McGovern, lynch, tex, Fogarty, and JJ next year and get Francis (to play down back thus plugging another potential spot Lukosious could play) where would Lukosious fit in??.. I could easily see him and Fogarty spending a lot of times in the seconds if JJ, tex, lynch and McGovern are fit and not injured. And who moves aside in defence if we looked to maybe play him down there?.. especially if we get Francis and also McPherson develops over the preseason..

Best to let him go, not use three picks on him and tell him we’ll move heaven and earth to get him back if he wants to come home in two or three years from now...

I’d rather we target 3-4 gun mids or mids/small forwards . Rankine, berry, Hately etc..

I think he must have very good connections with some of the club's list managers. He used to be pretty close with his final phantom draft predictions. But his phantom drafts change massively from this early, until the one he publishes before the draft. IIRC he didn't do as well in 2017 as he did in 2016, maybe he is slipping. If you look at his final draft predictions, he doesnt seem to have any good intelligence from interstate clubs. But he seems to have pretty good info from the vic clubs. I reckon the bad info he had at Freo, threw a lot of his other predictions around too. Taking Brayshaw at 2, allowed North to go for LDU, who may have taken Fog there for all we know. Collingwood may have taken Cerra over Stephenson if he was available. Nailed the Saints and Bulldogs picks. Got Carlton's pick for Dow right (easy) but didnt nail their next pick. Didnt know what GWS was doing, which then allowed us to take Fog. Etc.

I get the feeling he relies more on inside info than his own eye for talent.
And he certainly won't improve with his go to man on the talent coming through Michael Ablett moving to the West to head up their colts/development program last December....

https://thewest.com.au/sport/wafl/a...ett-to-head-up-wa-footy-program-ng-b88696881z

I'll leave the "play station" draft stuff to others and stick to trying to identify the best talent coming through....Lukosius projects as the best talent coming through in this draft, has done so for 2 years now and I've seen little to change that thinking recently.

I'll leave the "play station" draft stuff to others and stick to trying to identify the best talent coming through....Lukosius projects as the best talent coming through in this draft, has done so for 2 years now and I've seen little to change that thinking recently.
So Bicks.... you would or wouldn’t give up three first round draft picks for him?... given what you have seen from many of the players taken in the top 25 of last years and knowing that this years top 25 players are gonna be even better!.. three great young guns or one really great young gun?..

So Bicks.... you would or wouldn’t give up three first round draft picks for him?... given what you have seen from many of the players taken in the top 25 of last years and knowing that this years top 25 players are gonna be even better!.. three great young guns or one really great young gun?..
I'm already on record as saying we should be in the discussion if it involves 2 1st round picks not 3.

Could be tough to try an blood 4 blokes at the same time. If we don't package a couple up to get an SA player I wouldn't be overly surprised if we traded one for someone else's future first etc.

Could be tough to try an blood 4 blokes at the same time. If we don't package a couple up to get an SA player I wouldn't be overly surprised if we traded one for someone else's future first etc.
So say we have 4 picks under 25.. we use two to get Rankine and the other two to get another two players.. then were blooding Rankine and two other lads.. Rankine won’t take much to get afl ready..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm already on record as saying we should be in the discussion if it involves 2 1st round picks not 3.

I would do our 1st, Melbourne’s first, our Sloane pick and Carlton’s 2nd for both Luko and Rankine. Not sure how it gets done.

So say we have 4 picks under 25.. we use two to get Rankine and the other two to get another two players.. then were blooding Rankine and two other lads.. Rankine won’t take much to get afl ready..

I think that will work fine. It's just if we don't package the picks and bring in 4 solid players it might be a bit of a juggling act. Especially given no one is really mentioning us getting a KPP.

You don't want to pick up jet midfielders from interstate and not give them any playing time, might get itchy feet. Doedee held strong but not all will.

I'm just saying I think that's what the AFC might do. They're not big on all in changes, moreso smaller incremental changes. I'm probably overthinking it... either way a good problem to have.

I would do our 1st, Melbourne’s first, our Sloane pick and Carlton’s 2nd for both Luko and Rankine. Not sure how it gets done.

I think that's enough to get Rankine.

Probably not enough for Luko unless both Melb and us fall a bit. Even then its tough. The perceived value of pick no1 (in any draft) is crazy high let alone the reality of Luko getting rave reviews from recruiters. Surely 3x 1sts would work, turning one pick into three quality players (one probably shiel etc). But that's a farking high price.

I think that's enough to get Rankine.

Probably not enough for Luko unless both Melb and us fall a bit. Even then its tough. The perceived value of pick no1 (in any draft) is crazy high let alone the reality of Luko getting rave reviews from recruiters. Surely 3x 1sts would work, turning one pick into three quality players (one probably shiel etc). But that's a farking high price.

I don’t think the normal value of #1 is that high. I wouldn’t give up what the Saints has last year for Cam Raynor. I think you would probably do it this year though.

I wouldn’t be giving up 3 firsts for Luko. Not unless they were like 16, 17 and 18.

Instead of giving up just picks, what combination of a first and player would get us Lukosius?

I’m thinking giving up our second highest first so we can still have a low one, which player gets us a pick 1?

Pity Lever didn’t leave this year, he would have been useful.

If there are any legs to the Gov story then he would.

Instead of giving up just picks, what combination of a first and player would get us Lukosius?

I’m thinking giving up our second highest first so we can still have a low one, which player gets us a pick 1?

Pity Lever didn’t leave this year, he would have been useful.

If there are any legs to the Gov story then he would.
The talk is that Carlton are willing to trade it to GWS to get Shiel

Not sure what we could offer GWS that would interest them

Knowing the kind of campaigner that SOS is, he will ask for three 1st from us. Easily. Maybe with their 2019 2nd rounder coming back our way.

#soslogic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back