Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walker to challenge his fine.

who didn't see that coming. :rolleyes:

And so the Adelaide resurgence ended before it began with some self entitled w***er deciding to make a big song and dance about a fine instead of maintaining focus on the job at hand.

Their hope lives until after the Richmond game. At the moment they are a game and percentage out of the 8, effectively 2 games, with 8 games left. Freo and Suns are shot, so unless they beat Richmond they'll be at best 2.5 games (behind GWS) outside the 8 with 7 games left. With still Cats at home, the Showdown, GWS away, North home amongst them. Their easy draw in the first half of the season kept them more competitive then a more even draw would have.
I must have PTSD with them but they are the team most likely to run into a West Coast side that is missing all of its forward line. That is the kind of arsey luck they always get. Though admittedly not so much this year.

But my nervousness comes from acknowledging their freakish luck so they are just as likely to meet these top teams: after a gastro outbreak, after a particularly gruelling game with plenty of injuries, after a few suspensions to their top players or teams not switching on when they play them. I know it is highly unlikely but this is a team that snared a grand final win from a defect in the draw. They just seem to get unbelievably arsey luck.

But enough handwringing. I don't really care what happens to them, win or lose who cares. We are well placed to win the whole damn thing and that is all i care about. I don't care who comes second I just want to win the Premiership this year.

So basically Walker is going to rat on whoever he was attacked in retaliation.
THIS!

It still doesn’t excuse the retaliation though.

According to my ranking system, everyone else in the top eight is hovering around the high 1.3s to low 1.5s, with 1.4 being the average.

Port is still at a high 1.2, just above GWS.

I think the main issue is that we are defending a little deeper than we did last year, which means we won’t get caught out the back but we also won’t be able to exploit space due to our opponents also dropping deeper.

It’s why most of our games end up being stalemates that break open in the last quarter, and why opposition sides really go at us hard in the first quarter to put on a break.

It’s also why it’s necessary for our half backs to be more aggressive and go after opppsition sides that retreat back. Quick ball movement like we saw with Essendon vs West Coast is the key - that doesn’t mean stupid torps, but kicking to the advantage of our high forwards who are running between the arcs and giving them a chance to get separation.
This is why losing Hartlett was one of the worst things that could have happened!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this for real??

I can’t even remember the last time a player challenged a small fine. Has it ever happened?

It's all about protecting his image and the image of the club.

:p

99.9% of the population would’ve either forgotten about it immediately or not even been aware of it in the first place. Now he’s put a spotlight on it, looking like a petulant douche in the process. Good one.

I can’t even remember the last time a player challenged a small fine. Has it ever happened?

99.9% of the population would’ve either forgotten about it immediately or not even been aware of it in the first place. Now he’s put a spotlight on it, looking like a petulant douche in the process. Good one.
Bit like the hamburger thing. The guys head is so far up his own arse his nose touches his tonsils.

Now i have to admit i just did a search for image of Taylor and his girlfriend as i wanted to know what type of woman may just be celebrity hungry enough to have to degrade herself to that level. (Ok don't pretend you don't do stuff like this).

What made me laugh out loud was there were many American women also called Taylor Walker. He is the lone man in that collection. We must continue to refer to him as Taylor and not Tex as i am sure that doesn't sit well with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back