Official Team Thread The Roys FFC - Broken Medal Night

Mar 13, 2007
The Nation's Capital
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
FFC, CFC, 76ers, Oilers, Roys FFC
518180gpop.jpg

now the flea29 award goes to a player deemed to be the most improved. A player that has show growth and maturity over the last season. Now this player, often maligned, shrugged off the criticisms aimed his direction to keep working on his posting, to not only become our most improved, but one of best overall.

The winner of this award will receive

Mint-Slice-Family-Pack-337g.png

now thankfully Matt_352 loves these little vomit-inducing cardboard chocolates. So it really works out for everyone.

Well done Matt_352

Mar 13, 2007
The Nation's Capital
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
upload_2018-7-5_16-49-36.png

The Roys looking to secure a finals spot, traveled to the Stadium in the Sky, to face the spluttering Bears. JoshWoodenSpoon, desperate to rally the troops the try and make a last ditch effort to make the finals, removed all the benches from the change rooms. The move backfired as the Roys are used to lying down, because once the game starts the Roys were up and about. JWS dragged his team into the game and even got them to a slight lead heading into the last. But a triple M treat (_Mike_, MannumPower and Mooch) treat in the final quarter willed the Roys over Bears in the last. It wasn’t an easy game, and the Bears were stiff, but JWS needed more supports. The Roys showing again that team work makes the dream work.

And as the dust settled, the Roys found themselves on the top of the ladder.

upload_2018-7-5_16-50-28.png

Matt_352

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
518180gpop.jpg

now the flea29 award goes to a player deemed to be the most improved. A player that has show growth and maturity over the last season. Now this player, often maligned, shrugged off the criticisms aimed his direction to keep working on his posting, to not only become our most improved, but one of best overall.

now thankfully Matt_352 loves these little vomit-inducing cardboard chocolates. So it really works out for everyone.

Well done Matt_352
Hey Mint Slice biccies are the bomb

Mar 13, 2007
The Nation's Capital
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
upload_2018-7-5_16-51-6.png

Sitting pretty on the top of the pile, the Roys hosted the Mt.Buller Demons. Rather than consolidate their position, the Roys got altitude sickness. Nosebleeds, shortness of breath and goals was the theme of the day. The Demons used to the dizzying mountain heights, suffered none of the altitude sickness and after a shot for shot first half, turned on the after burners and blew away the stuttering Roys. Yakker and lanky_wes put the Roys to sword up forward, while RodneyDangerfield and Proper Gander propelled the Demons through the middle. Wise Guy Sam and xenxen were valiant in defeat. The win also snuck the Demons into the 8, and knocked the Roys off the top, which personally is fine. We didn’t need the added pressure.

upload_2018-7-5_16-52-14.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-5_16-51-41.png
    upload_2018-7-5_16-51-41.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 86
Mar 13, 2007
The Nation's Capital
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
upload_2018-7-5_16-52-45.png

In a match that would be replayed in a few weeks time, the Roys and the Rats went toe-to-toe in the underground. In the reverse fixture the Roys stole the win a the death, but a repeat was not on the offering. After a wayward first half from the Rats, they started to straighten up, their barrage of points started turning into goals, and the Roys accurate as they were struggled to stem the tide. Dingster and ant555 were instrumental, as was 3KZ is Football, who almost stole the game off his own boot with a late goal that brought the scores to within a point. The Rats needed the win to make a finals spot all but confirmed. And the Roys, well slipped to 3rd.

upload_2018-7-5_16-53-36.png

Jul 26, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Middlesbrough, The Roys
Attention:
If anyone has an issue with tonights count take it up with xenxen, I Dont Care and Mooch, they were the suckers i roped into doing it.
Waith that's what that was? I just got my chihuahua to jump all over the team sheet for each round, and the player with the most paw prints got the votes.

Holy s**t, who do I have to pay for those votes in another thing !!!
Look up ;)

And while we are on the subject.....time for our first award the Yippyio Medal (Leading Goalkicker)
goal-umpire-getty-800.jpg

Now for the second season in a row, the beautiful bastard terrorized defense and goal umpire with his rambunctious attitude and raucous kicking technique. This lovely chap, made the qootball umps stick their fingers out a total of 75 times across the season, it's such a glorious thing to behold.

Now get up here Mooch and accept your damn award.
Woohoo!! I got an award! I have to thank all of you for this. Without all you guys hard work, there's no way I could get 7 touches and 5 goals every week. Thank you thank you. Yeehaw!
WhoppingCookedDevilfish-size_restricted.gif

Good to see BLERN get off the mark. Well deserved.

Mar 13, 2007
The Nation's Capital
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
More award!!!!!s

d87265d0dcb419307e7507f034cd7e15--the-two-the-ojays.jpg

PTizzle award - Best rookie(s). Best newcomer(s).
I agonized over this award for several minutes, debating how to splint a particular pair of newbies and much to Mobbs chagrin i copped out and have decided to give it to both.

for services rendered to the crown of the Gorilla i hereby annouce that Runk and TedDougChris rookie(s) of the year. now there is only one commemorative spoon so you'll have to share it.

Matt_352

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
More award!!!!!s

I agonized over this award for several minutes, debating how to splint a particular pair of newbies and much to Mobbs chagrin i copped out and have decided to give it to both.

for services rendered to the crown of the Gorilla i hereby annouce that Runk and TedDougChris rookie(s) of the year. now there is only one commemorative spoon so you'll have to share it.
Congrats Runk and TedDougChris

Jul 26, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Middlesbrough, The Roys
Let a man s**t in peace.
If you were ClarkeM that wouldn't stop you posting.
file-20180226-140213-yox11e.jpg

I took me a while to decipher all the data for the royboy2 award for the most consistent. It's tough and i was never really good at Maths, luckily the winner of this fine award is, and was there consistent as always there to lend a help hand

afl.gif

He runs like the wind and never slows down.

3KZ is Football come on up and get your trinket.
Congrats 3KZ. The formula never lies.

OH NOO The Running tally has disappeared!!

Whatever will we do.....

.....nothing. suspense is good for the heart.
Are you absolutely sure about that?

Mar 13, 2007
The Nation's Capital
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
upload_2018-7-5_17-3-4.png

They say the 3rd quarter is the premiership quarter. And if the Roys wanted to follow up their Wonders statement, they certainly did, blasting the Dragons away with 9 goals in the third. The Dragons limped to the final siren, and thankfully it wasn’t worse, the Roys kicking 2.8 in the last quarter. The 40 point win could have been much much worse.

But guess what……

….The Roys are off to the Grand Final!

280sw007883.gif

upload_2018-7-5_17-4-22.png

Jul 26, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Middlesbrough, The Roys
518180gpop.jpg

Well done Matt_352
Well done Matt_352. You are so much better than the other 351.

More award!!!!!s

That's a good call. Well done on a stellar debut season guys.

Mar 13, 2007
The Nation's Capital
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Now before we get onto the last, and lets face it most important round of the count, we have one more award.

Good Ol' Roy (Players Player)

This award goes to the player you voted the best Roy for Season 25. Thank you to everyone for submitting votes, it was a really close run count this year.....
....wait no
I didn't get any votes, cause i didn't ask for any.....
....because EVERYONE'S A WINNER!!!

giphy.gif

upload_2018-7-5_17-7-57.png

Matt_352

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Now before we get onto the last, and lets face it most important round of the count, we have one more award.

Good Ol' Roy (Players Player)

This award goes to the player you voted the best Roy for Season 25. Thank you to everyone for submitting votes, it was a really close run count this year.....
....wait no
I didn't get any votes, cause i didn't ask for any.....
....because EVERYONE'S A WINNER!!!

giphy.gif

View attachment 522828
Awwwww

Back