Shane Edwards - deserves some respect

Remove this Banner Ad

Averaging less than 20 disposals and going at 0.5 goals per game (2018 stats), clearance and tackle numbers aren't anything to write home about either, i honestly think he'd struggle to hold a spot in a mid to struggling team.

Averaging less than 20 disposals and going at 0.5 goals per game (2018 stats), clearance and tackle numbers aren't anything to write home about either, i honestly think he'd struggle to hold a spot in a mid to struggling team.

Absolute nonsense. He's been a fantastic link between Richmond's midfield and forwardline. Not every player is going to be a centre square mid getting 30 touches. He has played his role brilliantly this season.

That's just something they tell reporters mate.

I actually agree with frank

Bux had a nickname of figjam for a reason

He only played for himself

His career could not have gone better for him

Shame is the fans had to endure 25 years of failure

Good news for the rest of us . It isn't over yet

Last edited:
Edwards is a glitch in the system. Plucks out random god like efforts on occasions, and absolutely shits the bed the next. He’s a hack of a gun of a footballer if there ever was one

The silliness of what transpired after this post have meant this, one of the stupidest comments going, has been buried.

A guy who’s probably top 5 in the Best & Fairest for the ladder leaders/premiership favourites would struggle to hold a spot in a lesser side. Madness.

Well played, Shane, another great game last night.
Well played, Frank, another great troll last night.

This, kids, is what happens when you only use numbers to assess a player’s value, and don’t actually watch the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've watched him more closely over the years because of the thread saying he was better than Cyril.
He was a good player for a while, but has been great the last 2 years. Was #2 in the Grand Final.
He has a chance to really add to his resume in the next few years, but it'll still be Cyril.

I've watched him more closely over the years because of the thread saying he was better than Cyril.
He was a good player for a while, but has been great the last 2 years. Was #2 in the Grand Final.
He has a chance to really add to his resume in the next few years, but it'll still be Cyril.

I agree 100%, probably a better team player than Cyril, but l could be wrong. Edwards atm is doing some amazing things, as far as a team player goes he would be up there with the best, his handballs are stealth and break lines wide open, to truely understand Edwards is to watch a game closely to see his magic, it’s not obvious but deadly effective when you pay attention.

Wouldn't expect Hawks fans to say any different and that's fair enough, Cyril is a Hawthorn great.
We have Shane AND Dan though. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back