Round 17 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If only I had 5 trades to make next week- Dangerfield, buddy, Stef martin, Taranto, rockliff, fritsch will all deserve to be traded after this round. Going to be impossible decision to make.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Taranto scored 114 you muppet

Macrae and Heeney better be back...want to bench Gray finally

If Lynch looks good again tonight might grab him for Redman and he becomes D7 instead of Smith who is capable of throwing up anything

2 trades left if I grab Lynch :$
Likely grabbing Lynch

Now to see what the carnage for the week will be?

Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 8.41.35 pm.png

Austin/Philips > Brayshaw/Sier, leaves 3 trades, 68K. Relatively happy with that.

Still plenty of onfield concerns with Crisp/Savage/Walters, but at least I can now bench Gray/Seedsman. Still deciding what to do with my last 3 trades. Either 1. Trade lowest performing midfielder to Macrae (once he bottoms out) or 2. Trade Savage/Seedsman to Simpson, then saving final trades for LTI.

Decision Decisions.

Neale. Dangerfield and fritsch all up for trade. Have $220k to spend. Have 6 trades left. Fritsch to either gaff or Selwood moving Westhoff to fwd is looking likely. Then have to decide which spud out of danger or Neale to dump. With Scott Selwood back, Danger will play even more forward. With Fyfe out, looks like Neale will be tagged. Lose lose.

Holman/Rice to Brayshaw/Sier

Brayshaw pushes Savage to D7, will need someone with solid JS there as Simmo is definitely going to miss another game between now and end of the season.

Neale. Dangerfield and fritsch all up for trade. Have $220k to spend. Have 6 trades left. Fritsch to either gaff or Selwood moving Westhoff to fwd is looking likely. Then have to decide which spud out of danger or Neale to dump. With Scott Selwood back, Danger will play even more forward. With Fyfe out, looks like Neale will be tagged. Lose lose.

Fritsch will tonne up this week 127 on the dogs 5 weeks ago

Menzel expected to be back this week. Enjoy 110+ Danger. No-one will get him in because of his recent form so you can enjoy him as a POD for a few weeks.

Finally going to ditch Caddy and bring in the Hoff by downgrading Brayshaw to Narkle, Powell or Sier

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This is just my second year of RDT so I still haven’t mastered the art of limited trades. I really want Grundy but unsure if this is recommened with 7 trades left. I think I have a few more trades left than some others on this board though. Would appreciate any advice! go you pups recommended some good tips on the discussion forum last round, got any more suggestions after looking at my team?

Attachments

• 5D5C6539-CB8D-411A-9D83-C0EBC73F84D2.png
    5D5C6539-CB8D-411A-9D83-C0EBC73F84D2.png
    423.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 336A82CC-47A2-429E-9BE7-BFE13305B9D4.png
    336A82CC-47A2-429E-9BE7-BFE13305B9D4.png
    294.7 KB · Views: 112

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is just my second year of RDT so I still haven’t mastered the art of limited trades. I really want Grundy but unsure if this is recommened with 7 trades left. I think I have a few more trades left than some others on this board though. Would appreciate any advice! go you pups recommended some good tips on the discussion forum last round, got any more suggestions after looking at my team?
Downgrade Cole to Lynch, then upgrade Guelfi to best available as they are both losing money now and are putting up average scores as coverage, Fritsch becomes coverage now.

Leaves 5 trades which is a really good position to capitalise on with 22 premiums onfield now

If another forward rookie comes along in the next 3 weeks if you are lucky on the injury front then I would grab that forward rookie and move Ahern to your midfield bench for Giro who will be close to if not maxed out by then and Ahern will provide decent coverage at M9-10 and gives you an option to field one of Ahern or Fritsch if a midfielder gets a short term injury or suspension that doesn't require trading out instead of moving Brayshaw to the mids and fielding an Austin down back. That leaves you with four trades and some cash to pull the trigger on injuries or underperformers

Grundy will be really really expensive for the next few weeks due to the 151 and 123 rolling. I'd look at Phillips, Parker and Rockliffs form the next few weeks and make a call on them as you can definitely improve on the weakest link there for an inform midfielder who may be cheaper to do than say Stef to Grundy and get the same or if not better output than that ruck trade. Also Stef has performed better than the 3 midfielders I mentioned across the season.

For now, preserve some trades for injuries, but I'd be upgrading Guelfi and getting Fritsch to the bench

I'll come up with a forwards list later today if you'd like or you can do one and I'll give my opinion on those targets.

Downgrade Cole to Lynch, then upgrade Guelfi to best available as they are both losing money now and are putting up average scores as coverage, Fritsch becomes coverage now.

Leaves 5 trades which is a really good position to capitalise on with 22 premiums onfield now

If another forward rookie comes along in the next 3 weeks if you are lucky on the injury front then I would grab that forward rookie and move Ahern to your midfield bench for Giro who will be close to if not maxed out by then and Ahern will provide decent coverage at M9-10 and gives you an option to field one of Ahern or Fritsch if a midfielder gets a short term injury or suspension that doesn't require trading out instead of moving Brayshaw to the mids and fielding an Austin down back. That leaves you with four trades and some cash to pull the trigger on injuries or underperformers

Grundy will be really really expensive for the next few weeks due to the 151 and 123 rolling. I'd look at Phillips, Parker and Rockliffs form the next few weeks and make a call on them as you can definitely improve on the weakest link there for an inform midfielder who may be cheaper to do than say Stef to Grundy and get the same or if not better output than that ruck trade. Also Stef has performed better than the 3 midfielders I mentioned across the season.

For now, preserve some trades for injuries, but I'd be upgrading Guelfi and getting Fritsch to the bench

I'll come up with a forwards list later today if you'd like or you can do one and I'll give my opinion on those targets.
Thanks for the in-depth reply!
I feel the only fwd premos I don’t have are Gola, Buddy, Langdon and Hogan. Have I missed someone? Gola probably the most consistent but even then he doesn’t excite me much. Just can’t seem to part with Fritta for some reason. Had a quiet one 2 weeks ago where he was chucked deep fwd but last week he had his wing role again. Has the bulldogs next week too and I sense a big score. I know he is a rookie but he’s pretty damn good and I’d hate for him to ton on my bench and watch any of the 4 guys above spud up. I think Fritta will maintain a 75-80 average and I can’t see any of the above fwds be consistently 20 points better than that. But I can see Grundy being 20 points better than Stef.

Thanks for the in-depth reply!
I feel the only fwd premos I don’t have are Gola, Buddy, Langdon and Hogan. Have I missed someone? Gola probably the most consistent but even then he doesn’t excite me much. Just can’t seem to part with Fritta for some reason. Had a quiet one 2 weeks ago where he was chucked deep fwd but last week he had his wing role again. Has the bulldogs next week too and I sense a big score. I know he is a rookie but he’s pretty damn good and I’d hate for him to ton on my bench and watch any of the 4 guys above spud up. I think Fritta will maintain a 75-80 average and I can’t see any of the above fwds be consistently 20 points better than that. But I can see Grundy being 20 points better than Stef.
I'd much rather a ton on my bench covering a Kade Simpson late withdrawal than a 30-50 you'd get from a Tom Cole or Joel Smith

Menegola will outscore Fritsch from here til the end of the year, he has held his price far too well all season and has only been affordable for a brief period where he fell to 610k or so. I've considered him out of reach every time I've wanted a forward as he holds his price so well through consistent scores. I brought McLean and Westhoff in at around 630k, they were my most expensive forward trade ins. If you have the trades and cash available to grab Menegola then I'd absolutely do the trade.

A lot of teams are still fielding Fritsch, Menegola is a POD, imo you'd benefit from bringing him in

Andrew Birch traded Goldstein to Grundy last round and guess who outscored who that week...

Trading a 105 avg player but keeping a 75-80 avg type onfield is poor team management imo

Your defence is arguably best available, but your midfield and forwardline can be improved upon also imo, not just Stef to Grundy.

I'd much rather a ton on my bench covering a Kade Simpson late withdrawal than a 30-50 you'd get from a Tom Cole or Joel Smith

Menegola will outscore Fritsch from here til the end of the year, he has held his price far too well all season and has only been affordable for a brief period where he fell to 610k or so. I've considered him out of reach every time I've wanted a forward as he holds his price so well through consistent scores. I brought McLean and Westhoff in at around 630k, they were my most expensive forward trade ins. If you have the trades and cash available to grab Menegola then I'd absolutely do the trade.

A lot of teams are still fielding Fritsch, Menegola is a POD, imo you'd benefit from bringing him in

Andrew Birch traded Goldstein to Grundy last round and guess who outscored who that week...

Trading a 105 avg player but keeping a 75-80 avg type onfield is poor team management imo

Your defence is arguably best available, but your midfield and forwardline can be improved upon also imo, not just Stef to Grundy.
With McEvoy out this week, I think I’ll hold Stef. He SHOULD have a field day. Think you’re right about not trading Stef to Grundy. I forgot about Macrae, getting him into my midfield in a couple of weeks when he bottoms out should significantly increase my points on field for a much lower cost. May have to miss out on Grundy this year, or he could be a final upgrade if I don’t cop any long term injuries

Still not sure about Menegola though. I think I will wait a week to see if Buddy gets back to his best. I feel comfortable fielding Fritta one more week, especially this week. Think I will downgrade Cole and Guelfi to stockpile cash to upgrade one of Rocky/Parker to Macrae and then pick one of Buddy/Gola for the final fwd spot.

With McEvoy out this week, I think I’ll hold Stef. He SHOULD have a field day. Think you’re right about not trading Stef to Grundy. I forgot about Macrae, getting him into my midfield in a couple of weeks when he bottoms out should significantly increase my points on field for a much lower cost. May have to miss out on Grundy this year, or he could be a final upgrade if I don’t cop any long term injuries

Still not sure about Menegola though. I think I will wait a week to see if Buddy gets back to his best. I feel comfortable fielding Fritta one more week, especially this week. Think I will downgrade Cole and Guelfi to stockpile cash to upgrade one of Rocky/Parker to Macrae and then pick one of Buddy/Gola for the final fwd spot.
Fair enough

Not a bad idea then

Not sure if there's any forward rookies around though for Guelfi, hence I suggest to upgrade him now before he plummets in price like what happened to the likes of Finlayson. Battle was available a few weeks ago but got injured 3rd game in. Sier, Narkle and Lynch are on the bubble this week but are only mids and defenders.

Macrae is a great option for an underperforming mid once he hits rock bottom by R19 as he likely plays this week if he gets through training, so will drop this week and next in that scenario. Buddy is also in a rut currently, so will get cheaper then be able to be picked up in a few weeks once he looks like hitting form again, Hogan did this a few weeks ago but has scored back to back 90s and is bottomed out now and back in my good books over Gray.

Goldy was averaging 87 when I traded him to Grundy though. That 132 was a great blue moon score by Goldy last week, but Grundy goes 110-150 every week and Goldy has had 11 scores under 100 this year. Not sure why you used my upgrade as an example as it was only 10 points and one of the very few times he has come anywhere near outscoring Grundy this year. Unless you expect Goldy to do that every week from here on?

Goldy was averaging 87 when I traded him to Grundy though. That 132 was a great blue moon score by Goldy last week, but Grundy goes 110-150 every week and Goldy has had 11 scores under 100 this year. Not sure why you used my upgrade as an example as it was only 10 points and one of the very few times he has come anywhere near outscoring Grundy this year. Unless you expect Goldy to do that every week from here on?
Moreso making the point of the perils of trading out a capable player, although Goldy to Grundy probably needed to be done sooner rather than later as you'd think Goldy still easily gets outscored by Grundy til season's end

I see Stef to Grundy as a luxury AFLF type of move for example and other positions should be looked at first before committing to said trade.

I can't take it any more. Hibberd has become Brayshaw.

I don't care if it leaves me with two trades now. * OFF HIBBERD!!!!!!

Moreso making the point of the perils of trading out a capable player, although Goldy to Grundy probably needed to be done sooner rather than later as you'd think Goldy still easily gets outscored by Grundy til season's end

I see Stef to Grundy as a luxury AFLF type of move for example and other positions should be looked at first before committing to said trade.

Ah right, I missed the point. Stef > Grundy isn't not worth the upgrade as it's only a few points per week more. You'd want it to be 20+ points per week more before sideways/upgrading when trades are scarce.

Ah right, I missed the point. Stef > Grundy isn't not worth the upgrade as it's only a few points per week more. You'd want it to be 20+ points per week more before sideways/upgrading when trades are scarce.
Agree, I tossed up trading Gray to Langdon last week but held my fire

Gray outscores Langdon by 11, 83-72

I can't take it any more. Hibberd has become Brayshaw.

I don't care if it leaves me with two trades now. **** OFF HIBBERD!!!!!!
Great upgrade

But now watch Hibberd pump out scores like Billings reincarnated now :p

A few points? I would not be considering Stef to Grundy if it was just a few points! Over the year, Grundy averages 15 points more. Since after the Coll/BL bye, the last 3 weeks of scores read:
Stef: 67 110 96
Grundy: 103 151 122
So that’s around 35 points more for Grundy per week. I don’t see this trend ending anytime soon either. I know this is a luxury trade but it is still a significant upgrade. The only reason I’m not doing the trade this week is because McEvoy is out and Stef should dominate whoever he is up against. I still expect Grundy to outscore him but not by as much.

A few points? I would not be considering Stef to Grundy if it was just a few points! Over the year, Grundy averages 15 points more. Since after the Coll/BL bye, the last 3 weeks of scores read:
Stef: 67 110 96
Grundy: 103 151 122
So that’s around 35 points more for Grundy per week. I don’t see this trend ending anytime soon either. I know this is a luxury trade but it is still a significant upgrade. The only reason I’m not doing the trade this week is because McEvoy is out and Stef should dominate whoever he is up against. I still expect Grundy to outscore him but not by as much.

15 points per game is significant, but if your D6, M8, F6 is scoring 30-40 points less than the highest scoring player (that you don't have) in any of those positions then those spots should prob be the upgrade priorities is what I think Pups was getting at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back