Analysis Your worst call on BigFooty ( confession time )

smurfin

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2016
Central Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I am really enjoying reading this thread.
What bad calls have I made:
Thought Nathan Gordon would be brilliant once we just worked out how to utilise him.
Decided Astbury was too slow even for the VFL.
Thought Jurica was going to be better than Richo up forward.
And nominated Griffiths in the"break out year" preseason threads pretty much every year (including this year)

On Nexus 5X using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jayden Post needed a run of games and would be the next Richo as Jack was s**t

ivansarmy

Team Captain
Oct 1, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
My terrible calls, may not have posted them but definitely thought it...

Thought Post, Derrickx, McBean would all make it. Even thought Derrickx would be a big key forward after watching an open training session.

Wanted us to trade Astbury for Yarran
(I didn’t want Yarran but knew it was happening) and thought Dave would never make it because he was too slow and lacked confidence in the air. Also never thought Broad and Castagna would be good enough for AFL because of their kicking.

I also have to admit at the time I wanted Harley Bennell and thought Choco could sort him out.

I wanted to get rid of Rance the year before he came good
Same for me. Thought Rance was just a bubble head. Also did not want Caddy. Thought he was just a list clogger. I was so wr wr wr wr wrong.

Cotcho

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Another: About half way through last year I theorised that Cotchin was still in the midst of a psychotic episode and all the interviews about having a breakdown but being honest with flaws, talking as if it was past was a mistake. I thought the "insane connection" was just Cotch being insane.

Jul 30, 2008
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Thought we'd be mad not to grab Yarran & Bennell on the cheap at the end of 2016.

Was genuinely going to turn my membership in when there was rumours we were going after Mitch Robinson when he was leaving Carlton, absolutely despised the bloke. I've grown to like him over his time at the Lions, just gives 110% every time he goes out there. The sort of player every team needs.

Thought Jeromey Webberley would be a star if we just took the subs vest off him and gave him a proper run at it.

Jul 30, 2008
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Tambling would be a gun in our side today
An interesting thought actually.

It was all about the mindset with Bling, remember when he played good footy after being hypnotized? Wonder how he would go if he was recruited to us an 18 year old now with all our positivity and togetherness, might have been a different story.

Apr 20, 2014
Brunch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Didn't think Rance would make it.
Didn't think Astbury would make it.
Didn't think Lambo would make it. Thought he was Mitch Farmer MkII.
Thought Butler was a dud that would never play a senior game.

Thought Tambling would be the next Andrew McLeod.
Thought CEllis would be a star.
Thought Troy Taylor had X factor.

I have got quite a few right, but it's not about that today.

Back