State Tasmanian Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Mercury reporting that he hasn't even talked to Victoria and judging by the strength of cricket in VIC, I don't think he would warrant a contract (considering he doesn't really play ODI anyway).

Good luck to him - great servant for TAS. A bit sad that he didn't get to tour Bangladesh and he didn't have a bit more luck with injury. I think the timing is best for his life/career/family - Gabe Bell and Meredith are hopefully ready to step up/continue their growth and Fekete would struggle for a game over the next year or two.

I wouldn't assume there would be many list changes over the summer. It sounds like Boyce is on the outter (not sure of his contract status) and i'm not sure on Ben Dunk.

Cameron Stevenson and Andrew Perrin haven't done anything in 2 years either - one if not both will be gone.

Meredith should be promoted to a full contract.
If Siddle plays he's the 5th in line quick (including Patto_Man). If Siddle retires he's 4th in line.

The Sandhu move was a footnote in the Maddinson article. Maddinson has flaws but to be overlooked by all 6 states, ouch. With the dearth of batsman in Tassie I would have given him a contract.
I would have given him a contract if I were CV honestly. We have so many old batsmen and the ones coming through haven't done much.

Can't see Sandhu getting a gig in Tassie, Queensland would've been a better option.

They play Milenko as an all rounder (interesting to see what happens with Faulkner as a sidenote) plus 4 quicks basically. Bird, Rogers, Bell, Rainbird would be ahead of Sandhu in the shield pecking order but he would be first drop with Fekete heading back to Vic. Fast bowlers are always injured so he could start the season in the team easy enough.

Can't see Sandhu getting a gig in Tassie, Queensland would've been a better option.

As for Maddinson, a fair fall from grace.
Queensland? Neser, Feldman, Steketee, Doggett and Stanlake would all be ahead. Maybe even Cutting. Victoria or NSW would have been the best options in reality.

Cutting's retired, Stanlake never fit.
Has he? Huh. Still would be 5th in line there though. Victoria, assuming Patto is unfit and Siddle retired he'd be 3rd or 4th.

Sandhu had one extremely promising year in the shield but pretty poor otherwise (and not suited to the shorter formats). Interested to see how he goes down in Tassie as when he gets it right on a pitch that's doing enough he'd be a pretty slippery customer for most batsmen.

Sandhu had one extremely promising year in the shield but pretty poor otherwise (and not suited to the shorter formats). Interested to see how he goes down in Tassie as when he gets it right on a pitch that's doing enough he'd be a pretty slippery customer for most batsmen.

If the reports are true, I am happy recruiting him. Has a lot of cricket ahead of him. Good depth player at worst. I rate him at ODI and T20 level (obviously the latter not relevant for Tas) but perhaps with seam friendly conditions and the dukes (?) in the 2nd half of the year, he will surprise us all. Good replacement for Fekete.

Adam Griffith has made wholesale changes to the list ahead of next season. Cam Boyce, Ben Dunk, Jake Hancock, Corey Murfet, Andrew Perrin and Cam Stevenson all axed along with Andrew Fekete moving back to Vic.

Have it on good authority that Boyce won’t be with the Hurricanes next season either. Nearly all of those players de-listed weren’t on good terms with coaching/administration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adam Griffith has made wholesale changes to the list ahead of next season. Cam Boyce, Ben Dunk, Jake Hancock, Corey Murfet, Andrew Perrin and Cam Stevenson all axed along with Andrew Fekete moving back to Vic.

Have it on good authority that Boyce won’t be with the Hurricanes next season either. Nearly all of those players de-listed weren’t on good terms with coaching/administration.
http://www.crickettas.com.au/news/t...oar-2018-19-state-squads-announced/2018-05-10

Victim of the domestic 50 over comp being bastardised. Good bowler in that format. Not quite penetrative enough in FC and a bit expensive in T20. Handy depth at least for the Shield, interesting to see if he gets a Hurricanes contract.

Expect to see him get a Hurricanes contract as well. There’s a massive push to bring the Tigers/Hurricanes programs as close to one-another as possible.

A few changes but nothing that will really change the team. Fekete for Sandhu is a downgrade but hopefully Bell, Bird, Rainbird, Rogers & Milenko can do what they did this year. Maybe even this Faulkner bloke can pull his finger out?

We do look very light on in the batting department again, however worked in the Shield this year.

Pretty stock standard list changes really.

A batting import wouldn't have gone astray but I guess in Bailey, Faulkner, Bird and Wade they have had 4 players losing CA contracts over two years which would make it hard to manage the state deals.

Good to see Kingston back on the squad. CA must have faith in Mac Wright and Jarrod Freeman if they’ve delisted Boyce

Was glad to see Lawrence Neil-Smith from Sydney pick up a rookie contract. Watched him a bit in the mens Sydney first grade cricket final this season, and imo he is a serious talent. Bowls a good line and length at pace and is a handy lower order batsmen. Will be interesting to see how he goes next season if given a go in Futures, etc.

Was glad to see Lawrence Neil-Smith from Sydney pick up a rookie contract. Watched him a bit in the mens Sydney first grade cricket final this season, and imo he is a serious talent. Bowls a good line and length at pace and is a handy lower order batsmen. Will be interesting to see how he goes next season if given a go in Futures, etc.

Tassie seem to have a heap of these types. Faulkner, Milenko and Rogers.

Tassie seem to have a heap of these types. Faulkner, Milenko and Rogers.
i agree , Tassie like Australia 11 , have a fixation on allrounders esp with our weak top 6
i assume the duke is the ball of choice and we have great opening attack
so our weakness will b battin
any one heard of the KISS principal
we stuffed the T20 final by by outsmarting ourselves with Wade not opening with short
Strikers 5 of first 6 batters were Left handers
Hurricanes must recruit a world class t20 offee as most games at nite , with taking pace off the ball essential

Interesting times ahead with Gary Kirsten stepping down as Hurricanes coach despite having a year to run on his contract. Adam Griffith to take over Hurricanes as well as coaching the Tigers.

Shield team named:

George Bailey (C)
Gabe Bell
Jackson Bird
Alex Doolan
Jake Doran
Riley Meredith
Simon Milenko
Sam Rainbird
Tom Rogers
Jordan Silk
Matthew Wade
Beau Webster

From the Shield Final, looks like Fekete out and Gabe Bell in (back from injury). Great to see continuity in the team. I assume Faulkner will be available in 2-3 weeks time. Meredith to carry the drinks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back