Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure Ive read on main board, Carlton fans saying their club had ruled out requesting a priority pick.

Maybe the AFL has suggested to them that they reconsider.

Suns to join the Blues in asking for a priority pick.

When I was a kid I had a great toy Batmobile. I left it outside and the weather ****ed it up. I asked dad for a new one and he said I should have taken better care of the one I had. Same deal Suns.

I'm sure both clubs will be trying hard to nab one, so it's a possibility - but the talk of what club the two support is just so ridiculous. Boak and Wines were Carlton fans, Wingard didn't follow AFL. Devon Smith was a Geelong fan and chose to go to Essendon because that's where he had the best offer and saw the best opportunity - who draftees follow as kids really has no impact on anything. There might be a desire to play in a particular state, but once you've been drafted and are in the system it becomes much more about maximising your career and not playing for who you barracked for as a kid.

Would agree with that. 100-900K a year would ease the pain as well. Life and priorities change over time though so some make their way back.

If Port came to me today and said we know your fat, old and have no ability but how about you pull on the boots for one quarter of one game I would sell a kidney and probably the oldest child (follows the kangaroos for some reason) to pay them.

A bit of talk on Twitter that clubs in Melbourne cooled heavily on Sloane because of his foot injury and none were prepared to offer more than 2 years.

Not sure if they have actual sources or are just stating the obvious.

A bit of talk on Twitter that clubs in Melbourne cooled heavily on Sloane because of his foot injury and none were prepared to offer more than 2 years.
I heard Sloane cooled. Fagan said they are a family club with heaps of support and baby sitting ambassadors to help the sloane's have date nights. Ya feels the love?

**BREAKING NEWS- Belinda Sloane misses out on promotion to Melbourne due to family commitments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a dream that one of the Preliminary Finals was Richmond vs Sydney (I think).

The score was 97-97 with 57 seconds remaining in the last quarter, and at one point Cotchin ran past and elbowed a Sydney player but was expected to be let off.

Richmond won?

After Hawthorn beat Brisbane and one of Eagles and Pies lose this round, Hawthorn could well be 5th and knocking on the door of the top 4 with games against Carlton and Freo to come.

It really shows what a s**t state the competition is in, but I do prefer an even comp to one with a few dominant clubs.

It also shows that when you play teams is incredibly important - they caught out of form Melbourne and Collingwood early in the season, the Crows injury ravaged, and only beat us due to #freekickhawthorn.

Maybe they are better than I give them credit for.

After Hawthorn beat Brisbane and one of Eagles and Pies lose this round, Hawthorn could well be 5th and knocking on the door of the top 4 with games against Carlton and Freo to come.

It really shows what a s**t state the competition is in, but I do prefer an even comp to one with a few dominant clubs.

It also shows that when you play teams is incredibly important - they caught out of form Melbourne and Collingwood early in the season, the Crows injury ravaged, and only beat us due to #freekickhawthorn.

Maybe they are better than I give them credit for.

I've been saying for weeks now that they have a dream run home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back