Oppo Camp Opposition supporters say the strangest things

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dont see what you are laughing about. Our captains reputation is being unjustly tarnished by group moron think. He gets targetted by their clubs players and they some how think he is targetting them and diving. Its disgraceful. We should be up in arms. Riley Knight is dirty sniping scum. Why arent we calling him out for what he is.

In the end the only thing a player has is his reputation.

Dont see what you are laughing about. Our captains reputation is being unjustly tarnished by group moron think. He gets targetted by their clubs players and they some how think he is targetting them and diving. Its disgraceful. We should be up in arms. Riley Knight is dirty sniping scum. Why arent we calling him out for what he is.

We aren't up in arms because we aren't a bunch of downys who create threads simply to wish harm on an opposition player because he usually tears our team up.

Adelaide supporters are a special bunch of people.

And this is why selwood will be remembered as a diver who is a sh** bloke.

Oh please, the idea that Geelong supporters haven't been defending Selwood is absurd. We've been doing it for a decade. It's just a futile battle, that's all. Opposition supporters aren't willing to be persuaded by logical argument or objective fact, they just want to perpetuate the false narratives about Selwood so they can have a pretense to dislike him. Sport is tribalistic and irrational and this is a manifestation of that. There's no silver bullet of logical reasoning Geelong supporters could come up with to turn the consensus of opposition opinion on Selwood around.

Oh please, the idea that Geelong supporters haven't been defending Selwood is absurd. We've been doing it for a decade. It's just a futile battle, that's all. Opposition supporters aren't willing to be persuaded by logical argument or objective fact, they just want to perpetuate the false narratives about Selwood so they can have a pretense to dislike him. Sport is tribalistic and irrational and this is a manifestation of that. There's no silver bullet of logical reasoning Geelong supporters could come up with to turn the consensus of opposition opinion on Selwood around.
A tad bit fatalistic. I agree that logic isnt the go here.

Baudolino is absolutely right but boy was that enjoyable to defend him against such a turkey.

The bolded are as rare as the blued are common in any anonymous public forum. In the heat of the moment, during the game, yeah ok, but 24/7? That's what I can't get my head around, they won and they're carrying on like something Selwood did cost them the game. You'd think, at the very most, they'd pack the vitriol away til the week of the next game against the Cats. It's seem way beyond good-natured ribbing in some of those posters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3x Premiership Player
6x AA
3x AA Captain
4x Most Courageous Player
3x Geelong B&F
1x Best Captain
1x Rising Star

Yep trash sh*tstain on the comp amirite

3x Premiership Player
6x AA
3x AA Captain
4x Most Courageous Player
3x Geelong B&F
1x Best Captain
1x Rising Star

Yep trash sh*tstain on the comp amirite
Don't forget 10th all time in Brownlow votes.

I cant control what goes on elsewhere, but I can tell you they bring that s**t in here and it wont be here long.
Neither will they.

GO Catters

To each their own, but I'm amazed at how desperately some care for the opinions of opposition fans. They're going to think what they think no matter what.

Don't see the fuss.

Can’t see it happening but I’d love both us and them flogs making the finals and we get the game at Geelong. Hostile much?

Just came across a poster, admittedly a WB supporter, claiming Matthew Boyd is >>>>>>> than Joel Selwood

Don't know why I venture over to the AFL Board. It only makes me angry

To each their own, but I'm amazed at how desperately some care for the opinions of opposition fans. They're going to think what they think no matter what.

Don't see the fuss.
Cos i understand pyschology and the importance of status. Following team Sport is nothing but a status play. If you dont care about status then why do you follow?

There's a reason South Australians eat their own s**t.
Power supporters are mostly reasonable, but boy, Adelaide supporters will never let go of the fact that Danger left them for Geelong.

Trying to be more positive, It’s going to be so much nicer when we replace Geelong in the 8 when we beat them.
JOM great game, hopefully he shuts up the naysayers after his 4 goals

#rentfree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back