• Draw

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I think once he tried to evade the tackle he lost that right.

It doesnt matter where on the field it happens. Howe's throw earlier was probably there too and was also right in front of goals.

I can sort of agree with that in general but in this situation he hadn't really gathered the ball by the time he was evading the tackle. He was just sort of bobbling it forward.

Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hawthorn free kicks: “ZOMG how is that a free!!?!?!”

Brisbane free kicks: “Yep, good call, rules iz rules, etc”

Never change BigFooty. #SpannerFarm
Meh. It happens the other way too. No point entering a gameday thread if it really bothers you.

Its footy, we all see what we are looking for, even more so when its not going our way.

We wouldnt have Sydney and Essendon fans in here moaning about the hawks free kicks if we were 10 goals up.

Grizzly86

Club Legend
Sep 6, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I see Brisbanes tactics havent change from last time. And the umps are again letting them get away with it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There we go, a Hawks fan bemoaning the umpiring... How good is bigfooty?

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
They have to see them though mate. They aren't watching the game on TV with multiple angles.

Its like the bounce of the ball, they either see it or they dont. Luck of the draw.

Three times I saw JOM simply drop the ball once tackled and none of them were called.

It is not corrupt or even incompetence, it is just that one umpire is paying it and the others are not. (and I don't know which umpire is which but the JOM ones were all down the other half/middle of the ground) I have no doubt that if Brisbane were going to the right of screen and JOM did it again he would be pinged like Cox(??) was.

It is my main issue with the umpires in all AFL games. It is clear that they are not on the same page in terms of interpretations.

Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I can sort of agree with that in general but in this situation he hadn't really gathered the ball by the time he was evading the tackle. He was just sort of bobbling it forward.

I'd have to see a replay. The fact the tackle knocked the ball directly down to the ground right as he was trying to knock another arm away didn't help. It looked bad if that makes sense.

I wouldnt be angry if Brisbane got a goal from the same thing, it was there.

HawkMongrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MVFC, Aston Villa
Meh. It happens the other way too. No point entering a gameday thread if it really bothers you.

Its footy, we all see what we are looking for, even more so when its not going our way.

We wouldnt have Sydney and Essendon fans in here moaning about the hawks free kicks if we were 10 goals up.

I reserve my right to point it out.

Grizzly86

Club Legend
Sep 6, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah he got lucky there. Are you suggesting umpires should not pay any more htb decisions because they missed one earlier?

Of course not. Just call them all, keep it easy for the fans and players. Can be frustrating, but when you pay peanuts, you get what you pay for.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Football fan culture is to concentrate on the umpiring decision there, not the awful 1 meter handball to a player running into traffic.

3 pages of umpire discussion later, no one has actually thought to criticise the terrible decision to handball. If you don't think Cox had prior opportunity, then you must surely think it was insane to handball it to him?

HawkMongrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MVFC, Aston Villa
Three of Brisbane's goals have come from really dumb errors on our part.

What's with the throws off the ground? Clarko needs to know that s**t out of them during half time. Get the heads on straight.

Of course not. Just call them all, keep it easy for the fans and players. Can be frustrating, but when you pay peanuts, you get what you pay for.
From mid 2nd Q both teams started to play the man not the footy. s**t to watch but if thats what the umps want to see today so be it.

gavaniacono

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2014
Hanoi
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Hawks lead i50s 30 : 18.
Lions lead stoppages.

Can they break out of the rusty cage or not, is the question.

Grizzly86

Club Legend
Sep 6, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
From mid 2nd Q both teams started to play the man not the footy. s**t to watch but if thats what the umps want to see today so be it.

The sooner the AFL realise the umpires set the tempo, the better. Make them full-time, accountable and professional. Suddenly we likely won't need zones, as the rules will be enforced properly and the game will stay open.

Back