Autopsy Hawks shocker vs Brisbane Round 17, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Because when Duryea stuffed up at the back line it will be scored against. Remember those period of him turn the ball over and over?
In the forward line it's not really damaging (scoreline wise). Any small forward ready at box hill?

Anyone will do, might as well give some experience to Cousins or Worpel. In particular to Cousins to see if he's got a chance of making it.

Mitch winning the Brownlow for me. The rest is candy.
That would only be a cue for the AFL's drunk media lackeys and brown-noses to lose their collective minds about the unfairness of suspending Fyfey.

TROLOLOLOL the AFL predictor has Fyfe on 20 and Mitchell on 14, behind Higgins, Cripps and Martin. And after today, Beams. He'll finish second, no doubt.

#mitchellisthenewmitchell

Clarko earlier in the season was wondering if he was the right guy, if the message was still getting through...

I wonder what he'd be thinking tonight...

Not sure trading away a good young player is the way to improve.

We don’t have many under 22 future stars coming due to the lack of early draft picks. We can’t get rid of Burto but he’s a shadow of the player last year.

More concerning is what we do with our small forwards at seasons end. rough can’t catch a cold & with no Cyril & poppy done we only really have Breust.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The triple and quadruple premiership players are very much ‘been there, done that’, and that rubs off on the youngsters.

It was always going to happen.

Yep, they are not hungry anymore and a few of them need to be given the tap on the shoulder and told that there time is up.

Clarko earlier in the season was wondering if he was the right guy, if the message was still getting through...

I wonder what he'd be thinking tonight...

He's coaching from the box and yes been caught by camera barking instructions. Worrying sign will be him coaching from the bench giving instructions and looks dejected instead of furious. Anyway here I am praying and hoping he'll stay and get creative with the list.

Credit to Brisbane they were by far the better team today.

I had a feeling last week was an mirage based on the poor opposition. Sadly it was.

Clarko will continue to play for finals until it is mathematically impossible, as he should, but we would be better off trying out players with a potential future ala Glass, Lewis, Nash, ?.

At least we'd find out if they are a chance of being part of the future. Because there were a handful out there today who are not.

We need a minimum two A grade additions this off season or we are going backwards fast.

Did Josh Walker take more contested marks than Hawthorn?

At some point can we please get a coach to teach how to actually catch the football. The only decent marks today were by Sicily off the opposition kick. Seriously stop paddling it to ground and catch it.. the crumbers will know where to be if you dont catch it.

Looks like our coaches put in about 15 minutes planning again against the Lions. Slaughtered through the corridor. No adjustments made at all the entire game.

Also loved seeing our centresquare efforts.. was like an efficient McDonalds drivethrough.. just watched takeaway after takeaway. Whats the chances of getting a couple more mids that know how to win the ball? Mitchell, Shiels, OMeara............ daylight..... moonlight..... twilight..... Roughead??
I understand putting Roughead in there to prevent him being a false target inside 50 but maybe we could use someone with some lateral movement ability.

Oh boy I miss you Cyril.

Can't understand why Worpel is not being played. He has shown he is up to it and i reckon would have relished a game like this one.

Four things I've learned ...
1. McEvoy is irreplaceable (at least in our team atm. Ceglar looked 2nd rate today).
2. There are more holes on our list than a block of Swiss cheese.
3. At times it's easier to identify players you would rather move on ... than players you'd keep going forward.
4. Our future ain't too exciting ... in fact it's quite bleak (& no the sky isn't falling).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We got smashed in the midfield after half time and particularly contested possession. I wasn’t watching it but listening on radio and they pretty much said we gave up after they responded early in the third. Season on the line and you give up? Unbelievable.

People are going to blame the usuals (warranted) but the lack of leadership in the midfield is startling. Mitch and JOM are great but don’t seem to be leadership types. Roughead is cooked. Hardwick and Stratts need to get haircuts and show that they’re serious about playing great footy.

Old man rant finished....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back