Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4 x B&F, 3 x AA, 2 x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon he has had more influences in clearances before but I reckon that's the best game all around he has ever played.

Love or hate him, david king is 100% spot on how we should be using oliver in the forward line.

To Oliver’s Credit he is finding the perfect balance between kicking and handballing right now.

Love or hate him, david king is 100% spot on how we should be using oliver in the forward line.

To Oliver’s Credit he is finding the perfect balance between kicking and handballing right now.
His vision is so good we need him forward of centre more often.

Is now 6th in the AFL player ratings. Below are the 5 above him and the year they debuted...
  1. Martin, 2010
  2. Dangerfield, 2008
  3. Fyfe, 2010
  4. Zorko, 2012
  5. Sloane, 2009
  6. Oliver, 2016
:rainbow:
Feels like Zorko has been around for much longer than that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get me wrong I like Zorko as a player, but I'm surprised to see him so high.
McEvoy was in front of Gawn too.

It is a floored method

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

23 actually. Took years to get drafted due to arrogance and ill discipline ... and being a midget probably didn't help.
Zorko is not someone i would associate arrogance and ill dicipline with.

Has obviously come along way

Zorko is not someone i would associate arrogance and ill dicipline with.

Has obviously come along way

He was pretty much the most hated player in the NEAFL until he left, probably including some of his teammates, given how many free kicks and 50m penalties he'd give away from abusing umpires and having little man syndrome trying to be a tough guy.

The year before he was drafted he got a coach that I believe said something to the effect of, "I don't care how good you are, every stupid free kick or 50 you give away, you're coming off the ground, and you're buying a carton after the game" ... it cost him too much money in tins to carry on being a campaigner, and who'd have thought, he got drafted as a result.

He was pretty much the most hated player in the NEAFL until he left, probably including some of his teammates, given how many free kicks and 50m penalties he'd give away from abusing umpires and having little man syndrome trying to be a tough guy.

The year before he was drafted he got a coach that I believe said something to the effect of, "I don't care how good you are, every stupid free kick or 50 you give away, you're coming off the ground, and you're buying a carton after the game" ... it cost him too much money in tins to carry on being a campaigner, and who'd have thought, he got drafted as a result.

See who needs zones and bloody pre seasons? Treat em like first year apprentices is the way to go.

See who needs zones and bloody pre seasons? Treat em like first year apprentices is the way to go.

The place I work now makes the first year apprentices get up on the back of a ute and do karaoke at the end of year break-up. A lot of it is awful, but there are a few nuggets of gold in there as well.

Edit: There is no greater existential terror than listening to a young guy nervously belt out Britney Spears' "My Loneliness Is Killing Me" when amidst the awful racket you suddenly realize at least part of the reason its so terrible... the kid has never heard that shitty song before. At that moment in time I could feel my hair turning grey and the wrinkles propagating across my horrified face.

ckm9o.jpg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back