Strategy Changes Vs Cats: OUT: Hannan and Hibb, IN: JSmith and Tyson

Remove this Banner Ad

Irrational hatred for Wagner aside Lewis doesn't add anything outside of the intangible 'experience'

Lewis has looked off pace for most of the year. But I think everyone has been harsher on Vince. I thought he was solid last night and when you compare them both Vince has looked more upto speed of the game.

this board is whack as ****.. we call for the heads of players then within a month those same players are god like.. Bugg, Vince, Tyson. yeah lets want Bugg dropped for missing so many shots but then after the worst week in front of goal lets get him back in.. Lets all want 1 or both of Vince and Lewis dropped cause they are too slow then want Vince in for an athletic backman and revert to a week prior to when we were slow as ****.. Lets call on Tyson for **** knows what reason?? slow us down more and turn it over yeah thatll work.. he is a spud oh but that year he had when he was a 1 way runner who only worried about getting the ball still had s**t disposal and had no defensive worries. oh yeah we want that 1 though not the 1 who has to play to a game plan. We brought in JKH and played him more in his role and looked like he put on alot of defensive pressure(top third for pressure acts and leading tackler on the ground) so he goes around again.
only change id be making is Vince out and Kent/Baker in. Wanted Vince to be the better of the 2 but he was horrible. If Jones wasnt captain(isnt captain material anyway) id be dropping him when AVB is ready but we all know we cant go dropping Jones even though he has been 1 of the main problems throughout.
Also so far glad to be wrong about Frost just needs to realise he isnt under as much pressure cause he just put on 5m and relax on the kick instead of hacking it. use your pace to your advantage youngin

Out of interest what is it that jones does that doesn’t make him captain material?

This is sacrilege but having Viney our might just make our midfield better. Yes he’s a beast and is probably the most competitive guy in the league, but he is also not very quick, small, doesn’t kick many goals and a shallow kick. Swapping him for Trac or Brayshaw improves us in my opinion. Just means we don’t bat as deep through the guts. The next four weeks will tell us because presumably he’s going to be out for a while.

Hahahahahaha what in the actual *

David king made a good point, you can only win the footy first once. Meaning do we need to have Viney and Oliver always at the coal face. When Viney is up and going again we should play oliver forward more.

He made a very good point. If Viney Oliver Brayshaw and Jones are all getting 25 plus then we are over handballing. With freedom Gus and Oliver looked dangerous, our midfield is far too one dimensional. Dusty Danger and Fyfe only do half their damage in the guts.

You’re an odd cat. Stop potting people for having a different opinion. I said in my post ‘in my opinion’...

Im "odd" .. Yet you're the one saying our side is better without Viney.. lol, ok mate. :tearsofjoy:

You’re an odd cat. Stop potting people for having a different opinion. I said in my post ‘in my opinion’...

Alright Tempy, you can have an opinion but the stuff you posted was just wrong.

Viney isn’t quick - yes he is, doesn’t have the top speed of a Frost or Hunt but he can break away from congestion through his acceleration

Viney is small - since when does this matter? He regularly racks up massive contested ball numbers and is strong enough to throw guys like Dixon from Port off when they tackle him

You then infer we’d be better right now with Petracca in there more which is just silly, Trac might have a higher ceiling than Viney but he is half the player atm.

Yep. You’re as odd as ****. . Am I doing it right?

No need to swear so much. Makes you look even less intelligent than you already come across as...

:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of interest what is it that jones does that doesn’t make him captain material?
Where would you rate Jones as captain vs the other teams? he would be near on last for me. Its what he doesnt do. What does he do that lifts us that screams follow me boys? Fyfe, Selwood, Cotchin, Ward, Pendles and Zeibell all have it Tex sometime most the others are near on onfield coaches sort of thing Wood, Hurn, Geary and Davis. Dont watch enough GCS love the way May goes about. Would have Jones with Heppell, Murphy and Zorko as bottom captains. Probably bit rough on Murphy as dont watch much carlton. bout the only thing we seem to follow him doing is bombing it high into the 50. i just dont rate him as a leader never have nor did the club its why we had a 20yr old doing it. if he was captain material he would of had it before he eventually did. he was the only 1 to pick so he got it it wasnt because he screamed leader.
i dont rate any of our leaders or culture. Eagles can blood 9 players this year and sit 3rd and none look out of place. Geelong can blood 15 or whatever it is over 2 years and still look good. Lever or Oliver will be our next captain Oliver does everything screams follow me boys so does Lever only had to see him vs Crows to see he has it.

Selwood Ablett Danger Duncan Kelly.

We have Oliver Brayshaw Jones Petracca Harmes

Ablett plays as inside as Fristch these days. Stuff bringing in Tyson, we already have the inside brigade to beat Geelong without adding an extra inside mid who will start on the wing most of the time.

Oliver and Brayshaw can compete with Selwood and Dangerfield, but would likely get beaten due to experience. Ablett and Jones might both be old and bald, but Gaz is still a significantly better player. Duncan will absolutely run Petracca off his feet, and Kelly is a class above Harmes.

I guess we will see on Saturday, but I'm not convinced.

Where would you rate Jones as captain vs the other teams? he would be near on last for me. Its what he doesnt do. What does he do that lifts us that screams follow me boys? Fyfe, Selwood, Cotchin, Ward, Pendles and Zeibell all have it Tex sometime most the others are near on onfield coaches sort of thing Wood, Hurn, Geary and Davis. Dont watch enough GCS love the way May goes about. Would have Jones with Heppell, Murphy and Zorko as bottom captains. Probably bit rough on Murphy as dont watch much carlton. bout the only thing we seem to follow him doing is bombing it high into the 50. i just dont rate him as a leader never have nor did the club its why we had a 20yr old doing it. if he was captain material he would of had it before he eventually did. he was the only 1 to pick so he got it it wasnt because he screamed leader.
i dont rate any of our leaders or culture. Eagles can blood 9 players this year and sit 3rd and none look out of place. Geelong can blood 15 or whatever it is over 2 years and still look good. Lever or Oliver will be our next captain Oliver does everything screams follow me boys so does Lever only had to see him vs Crows to see he has it.
So you rate Jarryn ******* Geary as captain, but not Jones? He's an absolute joke! You think Zorko is a s**t captain, despite Brisbane's form lifting significantly since he took over. Plenty of Collingwood fans think Pendles isn't loud enough as captain, by the way. This stinks of some weird vendetta, because we're not improving as fast as you'd like. Where was Viney during our three losses, he screams 'big time leader' but our form didn't improve when he was in the side. Yeah, Jones isn't a natural captain, but he's done a ******* good job of pulling us out of the hole we were in along with Roos and Jackson. If you're going to use Neeld's appointment of Grimes and Trengove as evidence that Jones isn't a good captain, then there's nothing to say.

So you rate Jarryn ******* Geary as captain, but not Jones? He's an absolute joke! You think Zorko is a s**t captain, despite Brisbane's form lifting significantly since he took over. Plenty of Collingwood fans think Pendles isn't loud enough as captain, by the way. This stinks of some weird vendetta, because we're not improving as fast as you'd like. Where was Viney during our three losses, he screams 'big time leader' but our form didn't improve when he was in the side. Yeah, Jones isn't a natural captain, but he's done a ******* good job of pulling us out of the hole we were in along with Roos and Jackson. If you're going to use Neeld's appointment of Grimes and Trengove as evidence that Jones isn't a good captain, then there's nothing to say.
I’m with Blitznu. He’s a terrible captain in my opinion. And I don’t reckon he’s had a lot of anything to do with pulling us out of our hole. That had way more to do with Roos, Jackson and Taylor. In my opinion :)

JKH and Hannan both made me frown. Id prefer not to see them again this year unless I'm watching the ABC on a Saturday afternoon. Garlett and Spargo every week for the remainder of the year.
VFL hasn't been on ABC for years.

Hannan plays his best football as an outside runner - does some nice things as a finisher up forward but not enough to justify selection in that role week to week. I like him but he fades in and out of games both offensively and defensively

VFL hasn't been on ABC for years.

I was gonna say, what are they making a guest appearance on a rerun of Gardening Australia?

i said Geary is more like an on field coach he may not be their best player but just like Maxwell for pies its more than how good you are. Pendles i put in other basket but yeah go ahead and switch them around he doesnt have to be vocal he leads from the front. Zorko is a great player most the time brisbane havent improved because Zorko became captain. what a joke saying its a vendetta its my opinion. im 1 of the campaigners who accept where we are at. you want Tyson and Spudd back why you trolling??

Being captain means next to nothing. You'd expect the guys above to direct other players around them whether they're the Skipper or not. Would we suddenly be a better side if Jones passed the armband to Lewis? I would bloody hope not. Likewise, Oliver is going to be leading from the front and Rear Admiral Lever of Melbourne backline rounds 1 to 10 fame is still going to be doing what he normally does regardless. The captaincy is about stroking a few egos and media commitments. It has almost nothing to do with actual results on the park.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back