Player Watch #22: Josh Caddy - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

He had a purple patch of 5 or 6 weeks from rounds 6 to 11? but has fallen right away since apart from the Adelaide game.

Dont have a problem with his fwd work and the goals he has kicked, but his inside midfield work is disappointing imo.
Been lots of times we have wanted him to stand up and be that big inside mid and hes let us down. Still he is handy going thru there as part of rotations and a 60/40 split is about right.

Still think hes somewhere between C to B grader and would be wrapped if he could Consistently raise his midfield game to a B grade level.

During the 2nd qtr Caddy went off at George for snapping a shot from the boundary for a point, he could of given it off. Caddy lost his s**t at George. Jack told Caddy to zip it. Ball gets kicked back in, we win it back and George takes a mark and has a set shot.
During George’s setting up for the shot, Jack goes over to put his arm around Caddy to have a chat, Caddy just pushes him away like he was going to hit him and looks like he is telling Jack to f’off. It was telling and the GWS guys were all watching it.

During George’s setting up for the shot, Jack goes over to put his arm around Caddy to have a chat, Caddy just pushes him away like he was going to hit him and looks like he is telling Jack to f’off. It was telling and the GWS guys were all watching it.
I'm sure they'll sort it out.

During the 2nd qtr Caddy went off at George for snapping a shot from the boundary for a point, he could of given it off. Caddy lost his s**t at George. Jack told Caddy to zip it. Ball gets kicked back in, we win it back and George takes a mark and has a set shot.
Caddy seems like the type of guy you need to put in line every now & then, I don't know him but it seems when he is too confident he goes off the rails.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs one more goal to crack 40 for the year. If he does that he’ll be the first Tiger who isn’t named Jack Riewoldt to pass 40 since Mitch Morton in 2009.

Also, it’ll be the first time since 2001 that 2 Tigers have kicked 40 in the same year (Richo and Ottens)

Needs one more goal to crack 40 for the year. If he does that he’ll be the first Tiger who isn’t named Jack Riewoldt to pass 40 since Mitch Morton in 2009.

Also, it’ll be the first time since 2001 that 2 Tigers have kicked 40 in the same year (Richo and Ottens)

Great return. I like that they threw him in the guts a few times with Dusty to get some more brute force around the ball. Looked good.

I was at the game and haven't managed to catch the replay, what was the gist of the bake/is there any footage?

If you can get the replay somewhere keep watching after dusty kicks the goal of the century around the 19.30 mark of the second quarter. Ump gets a bit too close to the action with his mike on and you get a fair idea of what Caddy thinks of Howe.

Lol! Wow I didn’t even see this.
He is a campaigner, but he is our campaigner. Bit of a figure four leg lock to the head. Surprised it only came back as a fine.

Love this bloke though, we needed an enforcer type and he is just the right amount campaigner we needed in the side.

Lol! Wow I didn’t even see this.
He is a campaigner, but he is our campaigner. Bit of a figure four leg lock to the head. Surprised it only came back as a fine.

Love this bloke though, we needed an enforcer type and he is just the right amount campaigner we needed in the side.

Spot on, if he played for the oppo he’d be a pain in the arse but he’s exactly what we need. Is a slightly less aggro Jackson IMO. Hahaha love it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back