2nds Crows in SANFL season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that the AFL uniform or a special SANFL Guernsey. The current white one looks anaemic, at least this one makes them look like footballer. Should wear every week.

I don't know about very good, but there is a bit there to say he could end up as a good 5-6th option in the depth chart.

I like the strength and cleanliness that he has.
I think awareness is what Poholke needs to improve

Is that the AFL uniform or a special SANFL Guernsey. The current white one looks anaemic, at least this one makes them look like footballer. Should wear every week.
Indigenous week in the SANFL all teams wore an indigenous jumper.

"The SANFL Crows will wear the Club’s 2018 Indigenous guernsey which was designed by Wayne Milera’s uncle Roger Rigney and worn by the Crows in the AFL’s Sir Doug Nicholls Round."

http://afc.com.au/news/2018-07-13/indigenous-round-in-kadina

Berg was a played as a defender in his U18 year. Remarkably agile for his size and reads the play well.

Be interesting to see what they do with him. Looks currently to be being groomed for JJ's spot in future, 200cm ruck/forward. That's where I'd like to see him and I think he's capable of that.

Does he have enough time to make it his though? We're in his 2nd season now, by the time Jenkins is done that is 4-5 seasons. That's Matt Smith levels if he's not getting games.

I'd be leaning to that switch to defence right now, especially whilst a spot is up for grabs (seeing Fogarty will most likely block any shot Himmelberg has of getting games as a forward).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's tonnage or a register ton, not a standard ton. Pretty obscure stuff

Wikipedia: In Britain, a ton is colloquially used to refer to 100 of a given unit. Ton can thus refer to a speed of 100 miles per hour, and is prefixed by an indefinite article, e.g. "Lee was doing a ton down the motorway"; to money e.g. "How much did you pay for that?" "A ton" (£100); to 100 points in a game e.g. "Eric just threw a ton in our darts game" (in some games, e.g. cricket, more commonly called a century); or to a hundred of any other countable figure.

Wikipedia: In Britain, a ton is colloquially used to refer to 100 of a given unit. Ton can thus refer to a speed of 100 miles per hour, and is prefixed by an indefinite article, e.g. "Lee was doing a ton down the motorway"; to money e.g. "How much did you pay for that?" "A ton" (£100); to 100 points in a game e.g. "Eric just threw a ton in our darts game" (in some games, e.g. cricket, more commonly called a century); or to a hundred of any other countable figure.

Yeah but it turns out that usage comes from some obscure naval unit of displacement.

Which is why it doesn't make a lot of sense compared to the regular usage of "ton"

Yeah but it turns out that usage comes from some obscure naval unit of displacement.

Which is why it doesn't make a lot of sense compared to the regular usage of "ton"

All British sayings have some obscure origin. That’s why they are so great.

The key word there being “colloquially”

Scorpus on the ball as usual, nothing sneaks past your watchful eye

I think awareness is what Poholke needs to improve

All youngsters need to improve that, seeing it's a lot to do with getting used to the pace of the game. I would say a lot of Poholke issues is he isn't fit enough, and was playing a role that he's too slow to have a major impact in (seeing half forward/midfielders need to be quick).

He was in no mans land in a position we blood players in.

I have a feeling some on this board have gone really early in writing Poholke off. Has aggression and mongrel. Reminds abit of a young Josh Carr.

He definitely has those tools, very strong/solid as well which does pair well on top of that.

I hope for his next chance, seeing there is an air of inevitability he'll end up in our side, it's primarily a midfield role. That, and the upcoming preseason is when we truly see if he has it.

I have a feeling some on this board have gone really early in writing Poholke off. Has aggression and mongrel. Reminds abit of a young Josh Carr.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who does well enough to force their way into our side (which doesn't exactly gift games to juniors) in their teens has something going for them. Not that he'll necessarily make it, but if he's playing AFL games you can't really write him off until he's a few years developed.

He's not ready yet but he's close. Hopefully he takes the next step!

The key word there being “colloquially”

Scorpus on the ball as usual, nothing sneaks past your watchful eye

Well it’s clear that it’s not used in a technical way. It’s used in a colloquial way which obviously originated from an old naval term. As all good common expressions, it’s an old one but a good one. It likely predates the metric system.

A long ton is a UK ton and that's 2240 pounds. We use the tonne which is 1000 kg and a proper metric unit.
A ton only refers to volume in obscure niche naval fields

Old English talk, and remember we are an Island discovered by the English Navy. but that not the real reason
The word 'ton' was used in Britain as a short equivalent for one hundred (100) of anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back