Game Day Ports vs Purple wiggles game day thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Respectfully entering here...

Sad to see the game day injuries, no malice in the ones caused in contest methinks, made worse while you are in a space to challenge for the flag, a real <insert rude word of choice>.

I hope they can bounce back quickly and see you win the flag in 2018.

Sorry but there absolutely was malice in dumping gray on his head after the contest was over. He wanted to make it hurt and he succeeded in taking out our best player.

I must admit every time people on here pre game call any game a certain win I always feel nervous. So many examples of those being the games we lose.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
There was an extra air of cockiness this week, and the selection of Amon over Trengove showed the coaches were arrogant about our chances too.

Perhaps it was because we got it done against Carlton and Saints despite playing like poo.

Our footy for a month now has been below par and today it was downright terrible. Winning patched over major problems.

I am sick of Dixon’s inability to impose himself on the scoreboard. No amount of rucking, or crashing packs, or tackling can wallpaper the fact he is there to kick goals. We target him constantly going into 50, and it has become the wrong option. In the first quarter our inability to impact the scoreboard with all of those inside 50s gave them a sniff. Dixon and Gray were useless standing under the long ball.

We have coached the art of leading out of this forward line. It was the same problem in 2016.

After quarter time, the midfield were culpable for not getting it forward.

Out
Amon
Thomas
Ryder gray

In
Frampton
Lienert
Farrell
Trengove
Earlier in the Season someone posted , we have an easy game or 2 coming up , this is when we should be giving the likes of Hayes and Frampton a run in the Ruck , not later in the year selecting blokes with zero experience as AFL Ruckmen when we are forced to by injury , or words to that effect . Well Kenny ?

Today's limp wrister comes down to a lack of leadership both on field and off field for me, we regularly complain about the same people who come up short virtually every time something is really on the line, and I doubt much will change until some of them are moved on.

Re the game plan, Ross Lyon would have thought all his Christmases had come at once when he realised he could win this game with his team scoring S F A in good conditions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our game style has become so defensive I doubt we could kick enough goals on a dry track to compete with the better teams.
This sort of thinking worked for Wosha in the 90s with West Coast but it don’t cut the mustard in today’s game especially when you have no firepower up front.
Ken will never see the light so it’s dark days until he is gone. He’s a real nice guy just can’t coach.

It would be nice if our big key forward actually took a mark when we needed it inside forward 50. But no, we’re happy because he brings it to ground.

Be helpful if we managed to get it inside 50. And he was there. Still Motlop at half back is a great attacking move.

Rocky was FF for too long in the last, maybe he was injured/sore but we needed him around the ball.
I get the thinking but sheesh it was expensive imo. In all seriousness we play THE WORST brand of footy at times.
Today was like nothing i've seen dished up by even cellar dwellers. Sadly since 2015 i've seen it too often.
Hope our injured players are ok. Bonner finished the game right?

I've retyped and deleted this comment half a dozen times now, and realise I just can't be bothered. You couldn't have scripted a worse outcome today across both games in results and injuries. The writing was on the wall with a nine-point margin from our first quarter clearance domination, and it was game over when Paddy going down meant we no longer got first use.

Alarmingly similar game to the Carlton one, including a scoreless quarter. The result isn't a disaster, but it and the injuries means top four is going to be tough.

Eh, he didn't have a lot of easy disposals.

Come on, I love him too but some of those passes!

Also I’m with a Ford those umpires. They didn’t cause us to screw our disposal, but they did not protect our players like they did Freeo and you could see we went into our shell. It was so inconsistent it’s not funny!

PJ Power

Didn't see the game, as mentioned early in the thread, but just watched a few highlights. You've pointed out a few of Dixon's issues as a player, but I'd like to add as a leader and enforcer, if I was standing toe to toe with him I wouldn't be worried. His remonstration of the Gray tackle, being the first on the scene, was laughable for a fella of his size and power. The Freo player wasn't even dropped. I don't care if it reverses the free kick, a 50m, a report. There's no bark to his bite. He's not an enforcer.

We take shots about Walker's faux tough guy act but seriously, Dixon isn't far away. It's ******* disappointing. You've only gotta do it once to earn the reputation.

What are your thoughts on this?

Add to that, another game where Robbie Gray is taken out, a little bit of a melee happens, and we manage to lose against a shitheap. No pride in the club from players or coaches to do what it takes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back