Richmond's struggle with interstate games

Remove this Banner Ad

And last year in the gf adelaide was the higher ranked team - and as we have seen the tigers dont play footy away from their safe space

Thats an incorrect comment you mentioned 2017 so ill stick with 2017, we won 4 of 6 and one of those losses was in the last 60 seconds. Kinda throws ur assertion out the window. Now in 2018 losing the interstate games hasn't hurt us we are still top and will finish 1st or 2nd as long as we dont unexpectedly lose games.
The run home;
saints etihad
pies mcg
cats mcg
GC metricon
ess mcg
dogs mcg

Bit like the MCG being the only factor leading to our 8-goal win over the Crows in last year's GF hey champ. Do you get the stupidity of your argument?
Mate if you had come close to them in either game at adelaide you might be on to something

But you didnt - both games you were flogged.

What that and your other away results - mixed with adelaides results at home and away tell me is;

Ad vs rich mcg - rich win
Ad vs rich ao - adelaide win
Ad vs rich neutral venue - ??????

What a shame we were cheated out of a good game of footy at the neutral venue.

Lets get one thing abundantly clear, it was nice to see the poor old tigers get a flag heck I couldn't less if you went back to back.

Doesn't really change the fact you guys are half the side away from victoria.

How were we in 2017 interstate? You know, because we are half a team away ;)

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

People choosing an arbitrary number to make it seem like an impossible task to move it from the MCG are being disingenuous at best. The difference between 90,000 and 60,000 is hardly significant when millions of people watch it. Are you really worried that 30,000 might miss out because you don't seem that worried that 2 million West Aussies effectively miss out.

I am glad the non-Victorian teams and supporters are finally speaking out on this issue. Not that it will do any good as the AFL are not going to listen but even so, if we are loud enough about the issue then they will surely have to at least discuss it in the media.
The more noise the better, it's getting out there for sure. Media are mostly ignoring it for now but eventually some will pick up on it if the noise remains significant just maybe not those directly linked to the AFL eg channel 7. I wonder if clubs are communicating with each other about this issue since the ridiculous deal was signed? They absolutely can get something done if they are strong enough together as the AFL can't really function with all of them collectively annoyed. Not saying they should change the deal but there's things they can do to appease and help balance the unfairness such as fixturing to ensure all sides get more exposure to the ground as quite frankly allowing a couple training sessions doesn't cut it.

See area in red - reckon you can fit another 20-30 k in there
Lol. That area already holds 6.5k according to AO website. That massive new stand up the other end holds 14k. To get 20k extra in you would have to fit 26.5k in total at that end. That means the stand would have to be twice as big as that huge new stand at the other end. Lol.
As for 30k even bigger lols.
If they did a redev at that end to replicate the other end they would end up with a 7.5k increase. So about 60k overall capacity.

Thats an incorrect comment you mentioned 2017 so ill stick with 2017, we won 4 of 6 and one of those losses was in the last 60 seconds. Kinda throws ur assertion out the window. Now in 2018 losing the interstate games hasn't hurt us we are still top and will finish 1st or 2nd as long as we dont unexpectedly lose games.
The run home;
saints etihad
pies mcg
cats mcg
GC metricon
ess mcg
dogs mcg
Mate in 2018 - if you finish first - youve earned your home finals

You win a flag on the back of that and you wont hear a peep from me.

Lol. That area already holds 6.5k according to AO website. That massive new stand up the other end holds 14k. To get 20k extra in you would have to fit 26.5k in total at that end. That means the stand would have to be twice as big as that huge new stand at the other end. Lol.
As for 30k even bigger lols.
If they did a redev at that end to replicate the other end they would end up with a 7.5k increase. So about 60k overall capacity.
When they redeveloped subi the old stands were two tier - they redeveloped some with 3 tier so as to increase capacity - see attached pic

Attachments

• 061201BF-771F-43F1-ACE2-BB5AAFC88175.jpeg
    061201BF-771F-43F1-ACE2-BB5AAFC88175.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 6
People choosing an arbitrary number to make it seem like an impossible task to move it from the MCG are being disingenuous at best. The difference between 90,000 and 60,000 is hardly significant when millions of people watch it. Are you really worried that 30,000 might miss out because you don't seem that worried that 2 million West Aussies effectively miss out.
It's funny the arguments that get thrown out are extremely flimsy in most instances, easily countered and therefore clearly just something to hide behind rather than admitting "we don't want to lose our advantage." To be honest I'd respect those who come out and say that a lot more as at least it's the truth.

When they redeveloped subi the old stands were two tier - they redeveloped some with 3 tier so as to increase capacity - see attached pic
Do the sums. Check the figures I gave. That new stand is 3 levels. It's huge. If they did the same at the other end the capacity at that end would increase from 6.5k to 14k. Total capacity would be 60k.

Tigers fans will just need to get used to the fact that 2017 will always have an asterix next to it in terms of gifted flags.

At least if they win it this year it will be on earned merit.

Bahahahahahahahah u just didnt say that, get off the pipe :drunk:
The only thing tiger fans are getting used to is knowing we won the flag and bloody well earnt it by smashing everyone in the finals u know all others in the top 4 and in the GF we destroyed the crows!!!

Now as u know like it has for 100 years+ all grand finals are played at the G furthermore with ur weird analogy every Vic team would have an asterix to their name. You really didnt think this through didn't you.
In Victoria all finals are played at the G that includes etihad tenants, cats have only ever played one final at kardinia park in 120 years and they lost it to freo.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate if you had come close to them in either game at adelaide you might be on to something

But you didnt - both games you were flogged.

What that and your other away results - mixed with adelaides results at home and away tell me is;

Ad vs rich mcg - rich win
Ad vs rich ao - adelaide win
Ad vs rich neutral venue - ??????

What a shame we were cheated out of a good game of footy at the neutral venue.
Surely you get that those games in Adelaide were Round 2 (this year) and Round 6 or 7 (last year), and that Richmond is a vastly different outfit later in the year.

Why bother when we will 5peat without ever winning out of Melbourne again

Why are people bothering to waste their breath arguing about whether the GF should or shouldn't be moved from the MCG?! When we get closer to 2050 then start to worry about it
As has been proven only a few short months ago - if you wait to within 20 years they will resign it with no notice

Surely you get that those games in Adelaide were Round 2 (this year) and Round 6 or 7 (last year), and that Richmond is a vastly different outfit later in the year.
Mate if you guys had beat anyone else of note interstate or even away from the g you would have a point

You didnt - in 2017 you beat the bottom five and port.

This tells me theres not a chance you would have beaten adelaide in adelaide

Its not just you though - adelaides away record wasnt any better - i dont think given a best of 3 at the mcg that they would have done any better.

Its not news that teams generally play better footy on their home ground.

You are talking at me like I am one of those parties. Who knows? Perhaps the question was asked previously.

Nevertheless you again miss the point, it shouldn't be up to WA Govt to fight for fairness in the sport - the AFL is squarely responsible for that.
Fairness would be rotating it to every home ground in Australia. Unless you are advocating for that, you aren't actually advocating for fair, you are advocatibg for fairness that suits some teams.

Be great if the opposition team/players had the same attitude of some of the supporters in here. Beat them before its even started.

Mate if you guys had beat anyone else of note interstate or even away from the g you would have a point

You didnt - in 2017 you beat the bottom five and port.

This tells me theres not a chance you would have beaten adelaide in adelaide

Its not just you though - adelaides away record wasnt any better - i dont think given a best of 3 at the mcg that they would have done any better.

Its not news that teams generally play better footy on their home ground.
We thrashed Geelong and GWS. That doesn't count?

Why is it such a surprise for a team to play better at home then it does away? As for where the gf is played? I don’t think Richmond has a say in where it gets played, we played last year as a massive underdog, even though it was at the g, and wiped the floor with Adelaide. Arguing that it should be played elsewhere has no relevance to opposing club supporters, take it up with the afl, I actually agree that it should be played at the higher places teams game ground, but can we do?

Fairness would be rotating it to every home ground in Australia. Unless you are advocating for that, you aren't actually advocating for fair, you are advocatibg for fairness that suits some teams.

Uh, no. Im advocating 1 ground per state if they have a 60k + ground.

Even if that isn't 100% fair to say, Geelong or a Qld team cos the govt wouldnt care if they ever hosted, its still damned more fair than what is current.

Tigers fans will just need to get used to the fact that 2017 will always have an asterix next to it in terms of gifted flags.

At least if they win it this year it will be on earned merit.
You gifted it to us wasting your time with that powerstance bullshit instead of concentrating on how to play finals footy. Never heard so many excuses for a team who shat the bed in my life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back