Richmond's struggle with interstate games

Cincinnatus

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
You gifted it to us wasting your time with that powerstance bullshit instead of concentrating on how to play finals footy. Never heard so many excuses for a team who shat the bed in my life.

Have you got any conclusive evidence that practicing that stance cut into training time?

Nop returns

Cancelled
Jul 6, 2018
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
SPURS, NY Yankees
The more noise the better, it's getting out there for sure. Media are mostly ignoring it for now but eventually some will pick up on it if the noise remains significant just maybe not those directly linked to the AFL eg channel 7. I wonder if clubs are communicating with each other about this issue since the ridiculous deal was signed? They absolutely can get something done if they are strong enough together as the AFL can't really function with all of them collectively annoyed. Not saying they should change the deal but there's things they can do to appease and help balance the unfairness such as fixturing to ensure all sides get more exposure to the ground as quite frankly allowing a couple training sessions doesn't cut it.

Cant say ive ever heard a peep from the clubs. Only place their seem to be noise is the salt mine at Big Footy. Clubs know and accept it as being at the country's premier Venue. Channel 7 would want it at the MCG for ever if they had the opportunity.

VictorianCrow85

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Have you got any conclusive evidence that practicing that stance cut into training time?
Of course he doesn't, the extent of a quality argument to some of these people is "they shat the bed" despite strong evidence existing around home ground advantages in a plethora of world wide sports. I guess I can understand some of them are taking it personally they've waited 30+ years and probably just wanted adulation from everyone and it hasn't really happened.

Sep 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Optus is 5 stands high

Lateral thinking grasshopper
But the 5 levels include 3 mini levels with corporate style facilites with not many seats. The rest of Optus is the same height but contains 3 regular style levels with normal layout of seats - similar to the new 3 level stand at AO. If you put an Optus style 5 level stand at the end of AO it would be the same as the 3 level stand in capacity. Take a look next time you are there or at the below pic.
images.jpeg

rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
We thrashed Geelong and GWS. That doesn't count?
It only matters because these teams are average.

They are looking for an edge they don't have. If Richmond had been poor at the 'G this year (Say only beating Carlton and the Lions) but won all away and Etihad games, do you reckon any of them would be crying about playing us there?

There's no doubt integrity issues with how many sides get to play on the MCG and how often, but the bellyaching is 100% from fans who know their team isn't good enough.

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Mate in 2018 - if you finish first - youve earned your home finals

You win a flag on the back of that and you wont hear a peep from me.
Surely nobody is holding their breath waiting to see if you bless a tiger premiership or not, in any case, I for one found the 2017 flag much more enjoyable for all the folk who just can't live with it.

salt = flavour enhancer!

VictorianCrow85

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Cant say ive ever heard a peep from the clubs. Only place their seem to be noise is the salt mine at Big Footy. Clubs know and accept it as being at the country's premier Venue. Channel 7 would want it at the MCG for ever if they had the opportunity.
Of course the clubs aren't publicly going to come out and say much, there's a correct way to handle grievances and for the clubs themselves this is not the way if you wish to remain professional. There may come a point where it's possible I guess but no way should it be there yet, it's the sort of thing that can be addressed behind closed doors with all parties involved to reach an arrangement satisfactory for everyone.

Nop returns

Cancelled
Jul 6, 2018
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
SPURS, NY Yankees
Of course the clubs aren't publicly going to come out and say much, there's a correct way to handle grievances and for the clubs themselves this is not the way if you wish to remain professional. There may come a point where it's possible I guess but no way should it be there yet, it's the sort of thing that can be addressed behind closed doors with all parties involved to reach an arrangement satisfactory for everyone.

BULLSHIT!!!!
Some of the GMs coaches captains of Interstate clubs are the most outspoken of all. As if they would be whispering behing closed doors. What a naive point of view.
Because Ross Lyon, David Koch, Tom Harley, Tex Walker arent going to be outspoken on the matter.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong

Have you got any that richmond's flag was any less deserved than any other ever won?

If it weren't for playing a perennial finals failure and a team who couldn't have kicked a ball into Sydney harbour from circular quay your club wouldn't have won any, if we want to get deep down into things.

Nop returns

Cancelled
Jul 6, 2018
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
SPURS, NY Yankees
Well i came up with playing all finals at their home ground regardless of earning them.

So thats at least 1 bit of evidence.

1 nil

Gee i wonder why Geelong had to play sydney at the MCG the following week and not at KP. oh thats right because they won and the venue dont matter. This argument is old, tiresome and incorrect, but if it makes you feel better i'll let you have my premiership poster. U can just stick tex's head over cotchs and Pykes over Dimma so you can rest easy.

Na * that.....

Your salt is delicious

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
Why is this a thread? Just trolling the Richmond footy club. So what? We lost interstate agan. We outplayed the oppo and it was our inaccurate kicking that killed us in the end. It was hardly an embarrassing loss as we played a team that was fighting for it's life on it's own home ground and the team was a very good team at that. It's not like we lost to Freo or something like that!

Cincinnatus

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Gee i wonder why Geelong had to play sydney at the MCG the following week and not at KP. oh thats right because they won and the venue dont matter. This argument is old, tiresome and incorrect, but if it makes you feel better i'll let you have my premiership poster. U can just stick tex's head over cotchs and Pykes over Dimma so you can rest easy.

Na **** that.....

Your salt is delicious

HGA isnt incorrect

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

Na **** that.....

Your salt is delicious

100% correct Cats played swans at the G cause thats where all finals are played and they won!
It is no diff for pies, hawks, melb who share the G and Etihad tenants also play finals at the G

Back