BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
AKA - the salt mine.

Am I remembering these correctly?

2000 - Essendon: only won one premiership when they should’ve won three.

2001, 02, 03 - Brisbane: intravenous saline drips, Anthony Rocca not being paid a crucial goal in 02, Port Adelaide superior during 03 H&A, Brisbane never minor premiers in their three-peat years.

2004 - Port Adelaide: Brisbane playing home PF at the MCG on Saturday night when Port played home PF at home on the Friday night.

2005 - Sydney: COLA, Barry Hall at the tribunal.

2006 - WCE: drugs.

2007 - Geelong: the Weapon, father-son freebies.

2008 - Hawthorn: rushed behinds in the GF, Geelong far superior throughout the season.

2009 - Geelong: Tom Hawkins poster paid as a goal, father-son freebies.

2010 - Collingwood: would’ve lost in extra time.

2011 - Geelong: Collingwood only lost to Geelong in 2011, father-son freebies.

2012 - Sydney: COLA.

2013, 14, 15 - Hawthorn: GCS and GWS entries into AFL impacting the draft, GCS and GWS entries making a team st the top a more attractive destination club, raiding free agents, #freekickhawthorn

2016 - Footscray: played their best four weeks of footy in September, premiership hangover in 2017/18, AFL contrived fairytale, bye between H&A and finals negatively impacted better placed teams while working in Footscray favour.

2017 - Richmond: undeserved home ground advantage(s), umpires blessing, Cotchin and Ellis should’ve been suspended.

Last edited:
1997 - ump ride in semi final to gift Adelaide the win......when they had home ground advantage vs 2nd...
1998 - finished 5th, lost first week, should’ve been eliminated.

Fitzroy 1916 - finish last, gifted finals spot thanks to Essendon, Geelong, St Kilda, Melbourne, University etc. forefitting the season.

a few notes for the OP

Essendon 2000..... intentionally over-paid the salary cap.

Hawthorn 2008..... bit of a stretch to say Geelong were "far better" during the year. It was more the Hawks were unproven. And Hawks arguably were better during all of the finals.

Hawthorn 2014.... we actually had no free agents in that team and we lost Buddy to FA. The only * i have heard is franchise teams diluting the competition.

Hawthorn 2015: "freekickhawthorn" began around mid 2016....

Last edited:
a few notes for the OP

Essendon 2000..... intentionally over-paid the salary cap.

Hawthorn 2008..... bit of a stretch to say Geelong were "far better" during the year. It was more the Hawks were unproven. And Hawks arguably were better during all of the finals.

Hawthorn 2014.... we had no free agents in that team and we lost Buddy to FA. The only * i have heard is franchise teams diluting the competition.

Hawthorn 2015: "freekickhawthorn" began around mid 2016....
Nah Geelong was the far better side during 2008 which led to me having my one and only bet ever on the footy on grand final day. Never again.

I’m still fuming about this one.

Nearly fell off my penny-farthing when I heard Fitzroy had jagged it.

I blame the Kaiser.
My story begins in nineteen-dickety-two. We had to say dickety because the Kaiser had stolen our word twenty. I chased that rascal to get it back, but gave up after dickety-six miles.

Nah Geelong was the far better side during 2008 which led to me having my one and only bet ever on the footy on grand final day. Never again.

You could have that opinion, but in terms of win/loss for the year, and the Cats v Hawks games, and the three finals..... not much difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks 2008 had a home and away season as good or better than many premiers in other years

I’d have said fwd line Mooney Lonergan Chapman Stokes. Say no more

Last edited:
So you’re telling me that the 2018 WCE prem will be the first one earned properly, after losing over 1200 career goals (Kennedy darling lecras) for a month, and the most influential ruckman in living memory for the season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back