General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
13 wins and our percentage will get us in....i quickly did the ladder predictor and i had Giants 9th on 12.5 wins (granted i just tipped favorites didn't spend to much time analyzing match ups).

Spot on we have to beat 2 of crows, cats, swans, eagles and giants. If we win this week i'm super confident we make finals.

We want the giants, north, cats and hawks to keep losing.
Agree mate 13 weeks SHOULD get us in but it's not a guarantee.
My ladder predictor had us the only side on 13 wins and sitting 9th with the couple above us.
That being said, ladder predictors are exactly that, just a prediction.
I tipped 4 this week so that's how well my predictions are going but yeah focusing on just us, we most certainly need 3 wins and possibly even 14 to guarantee a spot which is a big ask.
I'm with you, a win this week would provide heaps of confidence to launch into the next 5.
Generally speaking over the past couple of years, we've played reasonably well away from home so really hoping for the best

Agree mate 13 weeks SHOULD get us in but it's not a guarantee.
My ladder predictor had us the only side on 13 wins and sitting 9th with the couple above us.
That being said, ladder predictors are exactly that, just a prediction.
I tipped 4 this week so that's how well my predictions are going but yeah focusing on just us, we most certainly need 3 wins and possibly even 14 to guarantee a spot which is a big ask.
I'm with you, a win this week would provide heaps of confidence to launch into the next 5.
Generally speaking over the past couple of years, we've played reasonably well away from home so really hoping for the best
13 wins with a good percentage is a lock for top 8. The clubs just under us have to make up effectively two games to jump us because of their poor percentage. I could see GWS jumping us, but I don't see any of Hawthorn, North or Geelong winning 5 of the remaining 6 games. They're good teams, but their position on the ladder means they aren't consistent. They're all likely to lapse more than once, and Geelong plays Hawthorn once too. Having said that, we still have to make sure we win 3 of them.

They were missing Treloar Dunn Reid Cox Elliot Fasolo Aish Goldsack Broomhead Wells.

Don't think we would do aswell in the circumstance
Dunno about that. In all the games we won, we were also missing Treloar Dunn Reid Cox Elliot Fasolo Aish Goldsack Broomhead and Wells.

They were missing Treloar Dunn Reid Cox Elliot Fasolo Aish Goldsack Broomhead Wells.

Don't think we would do aswell in the circumstance
They weren't missing them when they lost to all the other sides we lost to as well.

Winning the next two weeks is more important than anything else to put Geelong and Adelaide away. If results go our way, after knocking of Gold Coast in Round 20, we could be three games clear of 9th position with three games to go.

They weren't missing them when they lost to all the other sides we lost to as well.

But they have had atleast half a dozen on the injury list every week something we haven't.
Dunno about that. In all the games we won, we were also missing Treloar Dunn Reid Cox Elliot Fasolo Aish Goldsack Broomhead and Wells.

giphy.gif

Winning the next two weeks is more important than anything else to put Geelong and Adelaide away. If results go our way, after knocking of Gold Coast in Round 20, we could be three games clear of 9th position with three games to go.

Yep - beat Geelong and we're in I think.

But they have had atleast half a dozen on the injury list every week something we haven't.
Wasn't an excuse for us last year. I think ultimately Buckley just has them playing far superior football. List talent is about the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well trust us to Melbourne it up.

Everything feels squished up and hard to look at.

Even the way the buttons or names and posts don't line up properly (either horizontally or vertically) is also driving me crazy.

You're a potato. If anything it should drive you spuddy.

Is your favourite instrument to play a tuber?

Its a sprout time we got into some serious punnery. All youse campaigners have been too serious this year.

Unsure how I feel about this season.
Is great to really thump the sides we should be beating but incredibly frustrating that we've not been able to knock off a good side this year other than perhaps North early on.
The Saints game might prove the one that hurts the most.
On 10 wins and with 6 games left, I see 1 more definite win against GC and that's it.
13 wins this year still might not get us in and that means winning 2 of the Cats, Crows, Swans, Eagles and Giants games.
% holds us in good stead but realistically, if we can't snatch at least 2 of those 5 against sides all in or around the 8 then we may as well not make it.
You just know it's going to come down to our round 23 game against GWS and I'd feel better about it being played at Etihad.
12-13 wins and missing finals would be tough to cop but depending on how we play out the next 6 games I'm unsure if I'd consider the year a failure or not.

Seasons not over yet, I don't see why we can't knock off any team on our day. We almost beat Port and Geelong remember (bit of luck either way there). Don't worry we'll jag some good victories on the run home I reckon.

We've only dropped the one real bad one against the saints, but likewise other teams in the top 8 have also dropped games they would've banked also. Just in the last two weeks you can see that upsets will happen and they'll be more in the run home, just hopefully not us vs GC! I'd be very surprised if any team with 13 wins and decent percentage misses the 8.

Not related to this thread, but this new look forum page layout sucks harder than a V8 Hoover. Classic case of fixing what isn't broken. Looks terrible on mobile screen. :mad:
Even after two days on this forum I'm inclined to agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back