Retired #38 Colin O'Riordan - 2021 best clubman

Remove this Banner Ad

MQfJMVeK.jpg

Colin O'Riordan

Player Profile

Irish Sydney Swans import Colin O’Riordan is determined to cement a position in the club’s evolving back six in 2020. The 2015 draftee broke through for his AFL debut in Round 17, 2018 and featured in 12 senior games in 2019. O’Riordan can shut down tall and small forwards and loves to run and carry.

Colin O'Riordan

DOB: 12 October 1995
DEBUT: 2017
DRAFT: 2017
RECRUITED FROM: County Tipperary (Ireland)

Last edited:
Maybe because he has only been playing the game two and a half years?

Got to learn how to play before you’re thrown into the big league...

Talking about a month ago give and take

Talking about a month ago give and take

The coaches/mc seem to have an uncanny knack of picking players at the right time for them to perform at AFL level. Maybe they are onto something....

He was obviously given KPIs to hit and he has gotten his opportunity after hitting those KPIs on a consistent basis giving the indication the player can come into the senior side and play the role asked of them to a tee.

I don’t mind players having to work for senior games and just not gifted out. He earnt his spot as have many others and performed admirably.

Great debut game!

Imagine his family sitting on the other side of the world, surrounded by the red and white decorations, knowing buggar all about footy, and watching that as a debut game! What an introduction!!!

Just like to point out that our last two premiership sides had a foreigner in them.

Conspiracy confirmed! the flag is in the bag guys!

They both played in #38

From Aliir's interview on afl.com, the bit about playing FIFA is hilarious:

"Like Aliir, Irishman O'Riordan has been made to belt down the selector's door in the NEAFL and he maintained that form with 19 disposals, 10 intercept possessions and eight marks against the Roos, a performance that put a huge smile on the face of Aliir.

"I lived with him in his first season and to be honest, for the first two weeks I couldn't understand a word he was saying," he said with a laugh.

"We would just play FIFA and nod our heads because we couldn't understand each other.

"But he's come a long way and he's one of my closest mates, so to be able to play with him was outstanding.

"He was terrific coming off (his man) and taking marks, and his run from defence was huge.""

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Aliir's interview on afl.com, the bit about playing FIFA is hilarious:

"Like Aliir, Irishman O'Riordan has been made to belt down the selector's door in the NEAFL and he maintained that form with 19 disposals, 10 intercept possessions and eight marks against the Roos, a performance that put a huge smile on the face of Aliir.

"I lived with him in his first season and to be honest, for the first two weeks I couldn't understand a word he was saying," he said with a laugh.

"We would just play FIFA and nod our heads because we couldn't understand each other.

"But he's come a long way and he's one of my closest mates, so to be able to play with him was outstanding.

"He was terrific coming off (his man) and taking marks, and his run from defence was huge.""
Gold. Hopefully that understanding, co-operation, synergy and reading of body language will utilised come finals this year.

Gold. Hopefully that understanding, co-operation, synergy and reading of body language will utilised come finals this year.

'Press X'

'Not to him!!'

Watched the replay and he was great. A few of his intercepts came during quick North entries and he wasn't panicked or rushed at all. Summed up all his options calmly and took the right ones. Very impressive for a first gamer playing in Macca's role.

Also watched the replay

He left his man which is a sign of confidence and willing to attack

Also took some good intercept marks and his kicking is better than most

Horse will coach that out

That’ll be challenging given his whole Aussie Rules experience is the Sydney Swans and our coaching and development team.

They’d have to reverse their own work...?

Let me feel my feelings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back