Welcome Welcome National Draft Pick #13 - Jordan Gallucci

Remove this Banner Ad

I've yet to see this kid jump yet... Doesn't he jump like trent ormond allen?

And hes developing nicely .. He can hamdle afl speed... Has a nice quick kick too. A bit more composure around goals would be nice. Still missing too many imho.

And hes developing nicely .. He can hamdle afl speed... Has a nice quick kick too. A bit more composure around goals would be nice. Still missing too many imho.

1.0mb

1.0mb

What about Looch's finish the other night?

Good little pick for Adelaide.

Was a nice goal, but didn't sum up my point as much as that play does.

That pass was all sorts of ridiculous.

Hmmmm, I don't know Jeff. Was that a genuine ha ha - or was it one of those nervous ha ha's.

I reckon he's showing some signs he might be a tad more than you predict
So you think he will win a B and F and be a regular top 5 like Dougy ? Was the quote
'A much smarter and upgraded version of Dougy' or something similar ?

First of all he will need to prove he can play midfield and on the inside

There is a long way to go to reach Dougy , A NAB rising star nom probably his next step in short term

I like the multiple goals , the athletic traits are huge just not convinced on the footy IQ and ability to find the football

He adds something massively with his athleticism granted we need that

So you think he will win a B and F and be a regular top 5 like Dougy ? Was the quote

There is a long way to go to reach Dougy , A NAB rising star nom probably his next step in short term

I like the multiple goals , the athletic traits are huge just not convinced on the footy IQ and ability to find the football

I think you're at a combination of underrating Gallucci and overrating Douglas.

That's why there appears such gap. In reality I don't think there will be.

As per the last 40 secs v Port, Gallucci doesn't have far to go to be a smarter player.

After 11 games, Dougie had at best had 17 touches in a game. In his second full season where he played every game he averaged 12 disposals.

I think we can hold off declaring Gooch's ceiling for a little bit

Last edited:
After 11 games, Dougie had at best had 17 touches in a game. In his second full season where he played every game he averaged 12 disposals.

I think we can hold off declaring Gooch's ceiling for a little bit
Or declaring him a ' much smarter and upgraded version of Douglas '

Let's see if he can do more first

I think you're at a combination of underrating Gallucci and overrating Douglas.

That's why there appears such gap. In reality I don't think there will be.

As per the last 40 secs v Port, Gallucci doesn't have far to go to be a smarter player.
The 40 secs where he left Motlop and ran to our half forward flank Russian roulette style ?

Let's just calm the jets he has yet to win a rising star nom , had 20 possessions once ( against Gold Coast) and averages about 12 possessions

Thankfully he brings some serious weapons in speed agility and vertical leap

But a 'much smarter and upgraded version of Douglas' still makes me laugh at this stage of proceedings

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can jump ! And bounce !

Massive fan of his athletic abilities

21 touches at 67%? Hardly “dragged” over the line. Gray won it for port along with our s**t play.

I just think he’s already physically developed and his kick is atrocious and will stop him from reaching that next level.
Alot of those were second half and he also regularly lays big tackle numbers including 6 that night
SPP is a gun and he's better than what he was last year so the 'he's already physically developed argument doesn't sit with me '

What?

Gooch has footy instincts flowing out of him, to the point where he is one of, if not the smartest player we have with the ball in hand.

To summarise you don't even think about this play, let alone make it if you're not at a level of football instinct few could be at. To have the composure to pick the ball up (and near full tilt), about to run into a contest and to find an option on a 45 is just sublime.

Douglas (And most players on our list) dream of that instinct.

giphy.gif

A nice play but I don’t see that your conclusion is warranted

I can’t reconcile your description of a player with great instincts against the reality of a player who can’t yet find the pill or run to good positions

A nice play but I don’t see that your conclusion is warranted

I can’t reconcile your description of a player with great instincts against the reality of a player who can’t yet find the pill or run to good positions

He's playing a primarily small forward currently, with some midfield stints. It's a position that an average of 12 disposals is a pass mark (Not only that, but this is his first full season, and we have been s**t so it's expected to not high). Equally and in part with that conclusion, for 1st/2nd year players it is not expected for them to be consistent and ergo are judged on their flashes. That play was a very bright flash.

He still has learning to do, it's to be expected. When he has the ball however, and the fact he's nailed every clutch/important moment that has been presented to him shows he has it in a big way.

Yeah, for someone who broke the standing vertical leap record at the combine, we've really yet to see this come into play yet at AFL level. Needs to find a way to work it into his game a little more, because it's certainly a huge advantage (see Doedee). He should start trying to impact a few more aerial contests imo, even if he is a small forward type atm. Players like Eddie and Murphy should be staying front and centre if they are near the drop of the ball, with Gooch being the one that flies for the marks (stop being selfish Eddie).

I think what we want next year is the jump Ollie Florent has made at Sydney this year.

He went from a kid that showed flashes last year, but mostly looked like he was struggling with the pace of AFL to a genuine role player. Showcasing his dash and skill this year while getting a lot more of it as well.

I think what we want next year is the jump Ollie Florent has made at Sydney this year.

He went from a kid that showed flashes last year, but mostly looked like he was struggling with the pace of AFL to a genuine role player. Showcasing his dash and skill this year while getting a lot more of it as well.

I'd agree. That is the next step for Gallucci.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back