2018 Hawthorn Away Jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope that’s not the end of the Brown back??!! Easily the best strips we’ve had in our history!

With a list turn over looming I'd be hesitant in volunteering one at this stage... maybe 23 jk.

I trnd to not get numbers on the back (granted a few of them do but mostly because they were player issued official match day guernseys eg: Roughead and Hodge).
yeah, I've got 3 in the closet that I call my Peck, Scott and Brereton jumpers :huh:
I've also got a Hodge one.

Was going to get a 33 this year but didn't...

I hope that’s not the end of the Brown back??!! Easily the best strips we’ve had in our history!

Why on earth must we wear that jumper when we play teams who also have dark backs, i.e. Collingwood? The idea of an alternative strip used to be so you don't clash with an opponents' jumper. They seem to wear them for any odd reason these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why on earth must we wear that jumper when we play teams who also have dark backs, i.e. Collingwood? The idea of an alternative strip used to be so you don't clash with an opponents' jumper. They seem to wear them for any odd reason these days.

The whole alternate strip approach is a laughable... very amatuer hour by the AFL.

The whole alternate strip approach is a laughable... very amatuer hour by the AFL.

Yep. The only reason AFL clubs use "away" strips is so they have extra merchandise they can sell. They couldn't give a s**t about clashing jumpers. As you say, very amateur hour, but it shouldn't surprise. For a multi million dollar business, the AFL are very amateur in their approach. Other sports around the world must laugh at us.

We really only need two sets of jumpers, our home jumpers, the traditional brown and gold stripes, and a new away jumpers, which I have made by adding the chevron style to the current away gold and brown stripes. This jumper will give us a jumper that doesn't clash with away team the clashes with our home jumper, gets rid of the need of a white clash jumper, has all club jumpers in brown and gold.
elF62SO.jpg

We really only need two sets of jumpers, our home jumpers, the traditional brown and gold stripes, and a new away jumpers, which I have made by adding the chevron style to the current away gold and brown stripes. This jumper will give us a jumper that doesn't clash with away team the clashes with our home jumper, gets rid of the need of a white clash jumper, has all club jumpers in brown and gold.
elF62SO.jpg
Not sure about those away socks :eek:

I accidentally shared my facebook in a SFA PM :drunk:

I think the most intimate real life detail I have let slip here is my height and the guernsey number I wear to games. I think I have riled enough people on here now to probably just leave it at that to be safe!

Have we worn the white clash strip this year yet? Don't we usually wear it at interstate games, such as Freo in Perth? Seems to have disappeared completely and we're just wearing the normal gold one, even against sides like GWS in Sydney

Have we worn the white clash strip this year yet? Don't we usually wear it at interstate games, such as Freo in Perth? Seems to have disappeared completely and we're just wearing the normal gold one, even against sides like GWS in Sydney

Pretty sure it has not been used in the regular season - and the gold stripes on brown away guernsey has not been used much either. I am wondering if Jeff had a quiet word to someone at AFLHQ about this ask politely asked why we have to wear the predominantly white clash strips while other Melbourne clubs do not.

Pretty sure it has not been used in the regular season - and the gold stripes on brown away guernsey has not been used much either. I am wondering if Jeff had a quiet word to someone at AFLHQ about this ask politely asked why we have to wear the predominantly white clash strips while other Melbourne clubs do not.
Is that leading to the 2019 new guernsey...ala 1933 Mayblooms one? Being our clash?

Is that leading to the 2019 new guernsey...ala 1933 Mayblooms one? Being our clash?

Can only assume - unless the gold on brown guernsey is coming to the end of its lifespan. I hope not though - big fan of that one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back