General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Due to his size and pace athleticism ect, either throw frosty in the mid or TMac

I know we need goals, from tmac
Or i know frost has been good down back(even more so without Pig or Lever)

But without Viney i figure frost is an upgrade to Tyson in terms of speed

so with the article on the AFL site does that mean we can trade next years 1st round pick this year if we wanted to?

Due to his size and pace athleticism ect, either throw frosty in the mid or TMac

You can’t just throw someone who is quick into the middle and expect results.

Wait did I just read frost as a midfielder? Oh boy....
Classic case of overthinking, to be honest. You don't just become a midfielder because you're quick. Just play Tyson inside FFS and accept his limitations. Will improve our structure in Viney's absence, just like Frost is doing an ok job covering Lever rather than throwing magnets all over the board like we did with Smith and 18 year-old Petty.

Watching Frost play midfield would be golden. It would be action packed and chaotic, but I doubt it would last more than ten minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t watch the game, thank god, hence my lack of traditional melting. Looking at this with a bit of perspective, we were pushing s**t uphill as soon as Lever went down. Take the defensive anchor out of any side and it has huge repercussions on that teams ability to win games. Hawthorn will be ripe for the picking without Sicily. And then to lose Hibberd who is probably our best defender, when we were already light on defensively, we were always going to struggle against the cats. It was a huge effort to achieve what they did for the first three quarters.
If I had free reign at the club I’d be appointing a single captain next year, from Gawn or TMAC, and I’d be trading Hogan who is a flat track bully, and Tyson who is not AFL standard. And we desperately need to embrace the hard ass culture we had for the first half of 2017. We are like the Australian cricket team, s**t when we play nice.

Zach Tuohy's goal after the siren delivered the Demons another heartbreaking loss, Goodwin's side now 0-4 in games decided by less than two goals this season.

So, about that pre-season camp...

Also, mods, poor form closing the Badelaide thread. Like our players, you should see things through to the end of the season instead of pulling the pin early. We must ride this strange torpedo out to the end.

Excited to watch everything that would need to fall in our favour for us to somehow steal a spot in the top 8 happen and another standard disappointing season that could have gone somewhere peter out to nothing. The inevitable giving us hope before taking it away in R23 is going to be something special this year...

Excited to watch everything that would need to fall in our favour for us to somehow steal a spot in the top 8 happen and another standard disappointing season that could have gone somewhere peter out to nothing. The inevitable giving us hope before taking it away in R23 is going to be something special this year...
Just imagine the hurt the players will feel after bowing out two years in a row in Rd 23. I'm actually hoping we don't make the finals. The lessons we will learn from another heartbreaking defeat in the last round far outweigh any finals experience.
Plus we all know how well our players use those losses to provide motivation to spur them on.

Also, mods, poor form closing the Badelaide thread. Like our players, you should see things through to the end of the season instead of pulling the pin early. We must ride this strange torpedo out to the end.
This. Who gives a s**t what a few Crowbot fans think? We deserve it, and have enjoyed sinking the boot into them all year. What are you protecting by locking that thread?

This. Who gives a s**t what a few Crowbot fans think? We deserve it, and have enjoyed sinking the boot into them all year. What are you protecting by locking that thread?

Especially when they haven’t locked their thread even after we beat them by 90+. Our mods copying the soft approach of our coaches imo

Just imagine the hurt the players will feel after bowing out two years in a row in Rd 23. I'm actually hoping we don't make the finals. The lessons we will learn from another heartbreaking defeat in the last round far outweigh any finals experience.
Plus we all know how well our players use those losses to provide motivation to spur them on.
Lol our season will be over before round 23 this year

Lol our season will be over before round 23 this year

Tend to agree. Although upon reflection and having cooled down a bit, even though I stand by everything I said I do recall thinking we couldn’t make finals this year and over performed last year.

So it’s all good - we’ll make finals in a 2-3 years time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back