2nds 2018 Casey Demons Thread - Grand Finalists

Remove this Banner Ad

Frost tackles must hurt. The amount of power he gets off 2 steps is nuts. Should be playing rugby.
Can see why he breaks lines so well while running, any bloke would be afraid to see him coming at them. Of course he offsets all the good work with his kicking, but it's a nice start

QEJj7ao.png

kAMsi6F.png

Lol. Poor old Pedersen.

25 touches including 17 kicks, 7 marks, a goal, 8 rebound 50s to go with 4 tackles and not even good enough for 6th best.

Wagner's 17 touches, no goals, 3 marks and 2 tackles must have been good touches, no goals, marks and tackles.

I know stats aren't everything, but those ratings do seem pretty consistently odd to me.

Lol. Poor old Pedersen.

25 touches including 17 kicks, 7 marks, a goal, 8 rebound 50s to go with 4 tackles and not even good enough for 6th best.

Wagner's 17 touches, no goals, 3 marks and 2 tackles must have been good touches, no goals, marks and tackles.

I know stats aren't everything, but those ratings do seem pretty consistently odd to me.
J Wag probably playing a defensive role

J Wag probably playing a defensive role
So that is 'rated' higher than a non-defensive role?

If Pedersen had 8 R50s (compared to Wagner's 1), I dunno, it probably indicates Pedersen was playing in defence also, no?

Seems to me he's pretty continually shunned in those ratings is all. Continues the theme of how on the nose he is, despite pretty amazingly solid form at least in the VFL. Not that it matters, he won't get games in the senior side anyway. And if he does, he'll be straight back out the next week.

Still don't see an issue with giving Pedo one more year on basically minimum wage. No-one else will take him and he will still be more handy than a 1st/2nd year player if we need him.

No way. Been kept one year too long already. Is physically incapable of playing AFL and keeping up with enough involvements

Agree with schmutt, who have we got as a capable back up ruck if Gawn goes down? TMac shouldn't be used in that role any more than he is. Unless we decide Weid is lost cause at AFL level as a forward and we use him purely as a ruckman from next year onwards.

Strange comment to make considering he hasn't been played in his best position at AFL level all year (First ruck).
He's not played 1st ruck at all this year, and last year he was still pretty good as a 2nd or 3rd tall forward, while this year he was rubbish, fair chance he's just cooked at AFL level in general, as sad as it is to say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So that is 'rated' higher than a non-defensive role?

If Pedersen had 8 R50s (compared to Wagner's 1), I dunno, it probably indicates Pedersen was playing in defence also, no?

Seems to me he's pretty continually shunned in those ratings is all. Continues the theme of how on the nose he is, despite pretty amazingly solid form at least in the VFL. Not that it matters, he won't get games in the senior side anyway. And if he does, he'll be straight back out the next week.
It means that it doesn’t show up on the stat sheet if he tagged a Footscray player out of the game

Agree with schmutt, who have we got as a capable back up ruck if Gawn goes down? TMac shouldn't be used in that role any more than he is. Unless we decide Weid is lost cause at AFL level as a forward and we use him purely as a ruckman from next year onwards.

Like there is nothing we lose by keeping him on the list, even if we did so as a rookie.

Like there is nothing we lose by keeping him on the list, even if we did so as a rookie.
Depends whether the list managers have a better idea of what to do with the free position.

I love Pedo but he’s played as many AFL games as we would want him to now.

Still don't see an issue with giving Pedo one more year on basically minimum wage. No-one else will take him and he will still be more handy than a 1st/2nd year player if we need him.
See there's just no point. He's so out of favour so what's the point of keeping him? Might as well invest in someone they actually want to be there

Lol. Poor old Pedersen.

Yeah i dont know how they do those best player ratings, whether they are just opinion or some sort of stats based system. but from the games i've seen this year, i find the best players are usually pretty much spot on to my thinking. it does seem like Pedo had a good game though based on those stats, maybe he turned it over a lot or wasn't that effective.
and good to see my man Lockhart played another good game on the weekend, hopefully we get him onto our list next year.

See there's just no point. He's so out of favour so what's the point of keeping him? Might as well invest in someone they actually want to be there
Its not as simple as that, sadly. If Gawn goes down, we are in all sorts of trouble unless we have Pedersen or we recruit someone else next year.

No way. Been kept one year too long already. Is physically incapable of playing AFL and keeping up with enough involvements

You constantly scream we should go get a back up ruck and then want to delist one of the better reserve kpp team players?

Weid is literally our only depth forward and or ruck. Huge problem if Hogan and Gawn are injured at the same time.
Pedersen?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back