News Road rumblings see Tigers take 'away' attitude to Etihad clash with Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 15, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond

We won by 10pts, and they kicked 11.6

With the same scoring shots, to win they'd have needed to kick 14.3 (13.4 would be a draw). Ben Brown kicked 2.2 (so 4.0 would be a draw).

and yet inaccurate kicking cost them the game?

That's logic the lolnorf board would be proud of.

Last edited:
I wished we’d won every game at the G and lost every game away from the G just to really * people’s heads up.

I loved Dimma in the presser when asked about it and he said the media seem to have an issue with our interstate record more than us. Reigning champs and top of the tree and still the disrespectful articles flow.

Amazing how where the tigers won or lost was never an issue before we smacked the cats all over the MCG in the qualifying final in 2017,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just trying to give St Kilda a chance to give it a more even feel going in.

Friday nights have taken a battering this year so I can understand the need to try something.

Unfortunately it does come across as desperate as what Carlton and StKilda had to do last Friday.

Tegarding this "poor" record on the road. Which away teams go to Perth, Sydney and Adelaide and win there consistently?
Good point.
Far as I can tell nobody has won all those trips.
Sydney beat WCE in perth, then lost to Port, Adelaide, Geelong and norf at home.
Collingwood lost in Adelaide and have only travelled to Bris and GC so far with Syndey and Freo away still to come.
GWS have lost to Adelaide and WCE away.
Geelong have lost to WCE and Adelaide, beat Port and Sydney

Turns out nobody else has had those trips. Surprising that most of the teams around the top of the ladder seem to have have the easier interstate trips this year.

Good point.
Far as I can tell nobody has won all those trips.
Sydney beat WCE in perth, then lost to Port, Adelaide, Geelong and norf at home.
Collingwood lost in Adelaide and have only travelled to Bris and GC so far with Syndey and Freo away still to come.
GWS have lost to Adelaide and WCE away.
Geelong have lost to WCE and Adelaide, beat Port and Sydney

Turns out nobody else has had those trips. Surprising that most of the teams around the top of the ladder seem to have have the easier interstate trips this year.

They won. The scum do have a good travelling record.

"They [St Kilda] are a form side of the competition,"Riewoldt told supporters on Monday. "We are playing at a ground that we don't play a lot at here at Etihad Stadium and we are looking forward to the challenge.

Is he fair dinkum?
They beat Carlton (garbage), lost to port easily, Just beat Melbourne (overrated), beat the Suns (also garbage) lost to Sydney, lost to West coast, lost to us.

How is that making them a 'form side'?

The interstate thing is a con anyway we played the 4 toughest away sides, play the west coast and port games in Melbourne we win both and play Freo and Brisbane away instead and suddenly we are ok on the road.

Last edited:
Is he fair dinkum?
They beat Carlton (garbage), lost to port easily, Just beat Melbourne (overrated), beat the Suns (also garbage) lost to Sydney, lost to West coast, lost to us.

How is that making them a 'form side'?

The interstate thing is a con anyway we played the 4 toughest away sides, play the west coast and port games in Melbourne we win both and play Freo and Brisbane away instead and suddenly we are ok on the road.
He's just being polite. Wouldn't be well received if he told the media St Kilda are s**t and we'll win by 10 goals if we turn up at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back