List Mgmt. Do we go all in for Jack?

Do we go all in for Jack?

• Yes - Once in a lifetime player, what ever it takes.

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • No - Too many other good SA kids we could load up with.

Votes: 42 53.2%
  • Meh - I have full trust in Reid to do the right thing.

Votes: 15 19.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta keep Gallucci, he is part of the plan to fill the team with talent moving forward. Gallucci, Milera, Doedee, Fogarty etc.
View attachment 528522
Now if you tweaked that deal a little to include our 2019 1st rounder and we get their 2019 1st rounder as well (ie picks 8, 13, Gallucci & 2019 1st rounder) & we get 2018 pick 1 & 2019 (probably pick 1 or 2)...maybe

Roos thinks Carlton should trade us pick #1 for picks #8 & #13 + Gallucci.

Too much imo.

Would prefer we try & move up pick #8 to grab Rankine as won't cost us as much.

I think the Saints are the guys to be talking too for a swap of picks.
Could a deal get done for saints pick 4 for Crows pick 8 & 19 ?
I think the Saints next pick is around 70 isn't it ?

Yes, I posted earlier we should target either the Saints or Bullies as they both have late 2nd picks that they may want to improve... if we are very keen on Rankine.

Saints are picks #4, #58, #62
Bullies #5, #41, #59

We could aim to have 2 decent picks using our top 3 picks.

Aiming for pick #1 would mean we would be putting all our eggs in the 1 basket.

Yes, I posted earlier we should target either the Saints or Bullies as they both have late 2nd picks that they may want to improve... if we are very keen on Rankine.

Bullies #5, #41, #59

I like that idea also.
With those two picks, if we got Rankine & Rozzee I would be pretty happy

Bullies need picks/points for F/S West and that NGA lad too

Bullies #5, #41, #59

Don't forget Freo. They have pick 6, 78, 96 and 114.

Don't forget Freo. They have pick 6, 78, 96 and 114.
Good point, but given GC likely to get compo for Lynch, which will push back most picks, think that would be too late for Rankine.

Good point, but given GC likely to get compo for Lynch, which will push back most picks, think that would be too late for Rankine.

Surely Freo will be doing a deal with someone for the pick 6, wonder if that will impact us in anyway. Freo will not go to the draft with 6, 78, 96 and 14.

any way we could turn picks 13 & 19 into pick 4 or 5 straight up? - if they need points and or extra picks... gets us Rankine (pick 4 or 5) and at pick 8 we are still in the game to get Luko if Mitch McGovern really wants out - (Pick 8 & Mitch)

I don't mind that idea, get 5 + 8 as the predominant part of the draft hand could quite easily manifest into Rankine/Hately.

any way we could turn picks 13 & 19 into pick 4 or 5 straight up? - if they need points and or extra picks... gets us Rankine (pick 4 or 5) and at pick 8 we are still in the game to get Luko if Mitch McGovern really wants out - (Pick 8 & Mitch)
Wonder if our 2019 r1 pick could be used by WB for this purpose (matching F-S & Academy) indirectly - that they basically go into draft points deficit this year which they make up in next year's draft with our r1 pick. If so maybe we can use our 2019 r1 pick for trading up this year if it involves WB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if our 2019 r1 pick could be used by WB for this purpose (matching F-S & Academy) indirectly - that they basically go into draft points deficit this year which they make up in next year's draft with our r1 pick. If so maybe we can use our 2019 r1 pick for trading up this year if it involves WB.
Don't think relations between us and the Bulldogs is too cordial since the Talia incident and then Beveridge bleating when Don had the temerity to suggest he'd be talking to the Umpire's Director after the infamous Troy Pannell reaming.

You can add up cant you? I said we gave up more a year later than SOS wanted the year before, and we did. Unless you think pick 10 is higher than.pick 15?

yeah i can add up, which seems to make only one of us who can. I can add up the gains and the losses column too

Imagine!

Could we do 8, 37 and CEY?

You can add up cant you? I said we gave up more a year later than SOS wanted the year before, and we did. Unless you think pick 10 is higher than.pick 15?
You sure he didn't just want pick 15 and next year's 1st rounder (pick 16) and didn't want to swap the 2nd rounders, he might have been desperate to trade Gibbs the following year and the Crows were able to secure the 2nd rounder swaps, so essentially is pick 15 & 16 worth pick 10 as I still think their 2nd rounder will cancel out pick 16 last year given the depth of the draft this year compared to last year and their 3rd rounder pick will cancel out our first rounder, provided we keep climbing the ladder.

Don't think relations between us and the Bulldogs is too cordial since the Talia incident and then Beveridge bleating when Don had the temerity to suggest he'd be talking to the Umpire's Director after the infamous Troy Pannell reaming.

I'm sure that relationship is immediately patched if the dogs desire multiple picks in the first round, and we came with that offer.

I doubt there is a thing less meaningful then relationship between clubs, if they aren't true rivals (i.e. us and port) then whatever is there can be fixed very quickly once it becomes convenient too.

Could we do 8, 37 and CEY?
Agree, I think GC wants mid 20s strong body midfielders which they are lacking so one of the 2 first rounders + Carlton's 2nd rounder + Yolmen for their pick 3 (FA compensation pick for Lynch), I don't think Dew wants to enter the draft and recruit another 2 potential gun young players that they need to develop together for 2-3 years without senior players around, he needs some results next year or he could end up as the next Bolton in the media eyes.
And I think Yolmen is still a very good strong body midfielder who does have currency.
We have way too much inside midfielders with Greenwood and possibly Poholke pushing him down the peaking order and it will be a benefit for his career to make the move.

And look can what happen when you get games into the top end draftees early like Brisbane with Hugh McCluggage, Jarrod Berry, Alex Witherden, Cam Rayner.....All Guns.
You finish 16th? Brisbane have a pretty exciting young team but let's not be blinded by the past three weeks. They have been playing the kids for 10 years and have been through a world of pain during that time. Theirs is not a good model to follow.

Back