Feedback BigFooty Style Upgrade - Feedback and bugs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes there is a lag there and we don't know what it is. It is not related to the new style and has been happening for weeks. My guess is an inadvertent bug introduced by an add-on, or XenForo introduced a bug in their last update.

Odd, seemed to be working fine for me until literally the day the new update went live.
How can it not be related to the new style when it was fine prior to the new style being implemented?

It was literally fine before the change. It comes across as ludicrous to suggest it's not related to the new style. The first - and only - time it's ever happened was when the switch was made.

yeah * this new style its shithouse. it looks like a desktop style. doesnt look or work as good on mobile. make it so you can choose which 1 you want to use FFS. if it is like it or leave then im taking the latter

How can it not be related to the new style when it was fine prior to the new style being implemented?

It was literally fine before the change. It comes across as ludicrous to suggest it's not related to the new style. The first - and only - time it's ever happened was when the switch was made.
And if you read further you’d see that I tested and found that it is an issue with the new theme, and that the developer will be on the job today fixing it.

Arrogance at it's best
You came charging in here, angry and with nothing constructive to say.

But I’m the arrogant one?

As you can see we’ve been working with people who have genuine feedback. Many changes have been made and many are still to be made.

Do you have any specific issues to raise, or is it just a general “I hate it, make it stop”?

yeah **** this new style its shithouse. it looks like a desktop style. doesnt look or work as good on mobile. make it so you can choose which 1 you want to use FFS. if it is like it or leave then im taking the latter
I have a list of fixes and changes that will be worked on today.

People hated the old mobile style when it first came in. They hated the move from VBulletin to Xenforo in 2012.

We will fix what needs to be fixed, and move on until the next big change.

There’s a few needlessly sassy responses from the Chieftain in here. The general theme of comment in this thread speaks volumes as to the number of people who willingly took on the change rather than being forced into it and whether or not more needs to be done in future to make users aware of future changes, particularly if the feedback is as highly sought after as Chief claims.
It’s like we’ve never even met :(

I think the middle ground would be to accept that there have been some layout changes due to making the site compatible with different screen formats, but change the colours to the same as they were before. I think a big part of the problem is the way it hits the eye - it used to be relaxing to read, now it's kind of an assault on the eyes. If you can get it more like the old one in terms of colour and shading, people will accept it.

My only real complaint is that with the old layout it was easy to see which threads had new posts as the bolding was much more pronounced.
Yes threads that have posts which you haven't read are still bolded but it's not as obvious as it was previously.
What browser are you using? Are you on desktop or mobile?

I'm sure it will grow on people and looks like a good use of real estate to keep it minmal
  1. The image http://images.bigfootymedia.com.s3.amazonaws.com/smilies/embarrassed.gif (check all smillies)
  2. The ad (I think it is an add has "Access-Control-Allow-Origin" cross site issues issues https://images.outbrainimg.com/tran...sImgiOjIwMCwiZCI6MS41LCJjcyI6MCwiZiI6MH0.webp
  3. ZenForo is have a whinge on initialisation.
    Unable to find menu for Popup e.fn.init(1)0: li.alerts.Popup.PopupControl.PopupClosedcontext: li.alerts.Popup.PopupControl.PopupClosedlength: 1__proto__: Object(0)
    __construct @ xenforo.js:261

4. Can we increase the border-bottom in class message as a clear visual identifier of a new message
  5. The Post Reply button set (button.primary etc are a little large.
  6. Some of the light grey on grey is difficult to see (e.g. class postsRemaining and class items)
  7. Replace Location and Other Teams text with Loc: and Other: to reduce line wrapping in message bio.
  8. umm err . that's it

Is the forum the best way of doing this? Perhaps a feedback widget activated for a month that allows not only feed back but stores the device type, browser so you can replicate the users instance. It would allow you to categorise feedback and see the pinch points. If activated a few days before changes, then you can semaphore the changes to all.
  1. The image http://images.bigfootymedia.com.s3.amazonaws.com/smilies/embarrassed.gif (check all smillies)
  2. The ad (I think it is an add has "Access-Control-Allow-Origin" cross site issues issues https://images.outbrainimg.com/tran...sImgiOjIwMCwiZCI6MS41LCJjcyI6MCwiZiI6MH0.webp
    Unable to find menu for Popup e.fn.init(1)0: li.alerts.Popup.PopupControl.PopupClosedcontext: li.alerts.Popup.PopupControl.PopupClosedlength: 1__proto__: Object(0)

4. Can we increase the border-bottom in class message as a clear visual identifier of a new message
  6. Some of the light grey on grey is difficult to see (e.g. class postsRemaining and class items)
  7. Replace Location and Other Teams text with Loc: and Other: to reduce line wrapping in message bio.
  8. Bring back the color patch of team supported under the avatar.
  9. Add Strikethrough as an option in the RT Editor
  10. umm err . that's it

I think the middle ground would be to accept that there have been some layout changes due to making the site compatible with different screen formats, but change the colours to the same as they were before. I think a big part of the problem is the way it hits the eye - it used to be relaxing to read, now it's kind of an assault on the eyes. If you can get it more like the old one in terms of colour and shading, people will accept it.
We’ve been adding shading to try out people’s suggestions so it will likely evolve that way.

I think the menu change is the big one that has people off guard. It is a big change and we’re looking at alternatives.

There are a couple of other issues that are really only small changes and easy to fix.

It will work out in the end if people can work with us to get what they want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the forum the best way of doing this? Perhaps a feedback widget activated for a month that allows not only feed back but stores the device type, browser so you can replicate the users instance. It would allow you to categorise feedback and see the pinch points. If activated a few days before changes, then you can semaphore the changes to all.

8. Bring back the color patch of team supported under the avatar.
  9. Add Strikethrough as an option in the RT Editor
  10. umm err . that's it
Thanks we will check those out.

Way to go on ******* a good site up!!

More ads, smaller print and harder to navigate.

A real winner here. Perhaps time to re-evaluate how much time I spend on here.....
As you can see in the OP, the font size will be bumped up for mobile, the nav options are being looked at and yes I can see an extra ad spot at the top that needs looking at, which is just a responsive issue really and easily fixed.

Exactly the same attitude that they took on sportal forums, and well how did that work out for them.

They keep saying “don’t like it leave”, at some point everyone will and then they have no more site.
I keep saying “don’t like it? Tell me specifically what the problems are and we can evaluate requests and fix issues”.

Most people are obliging, some are unwilling and just want to scream demands.

Guess who is being listened to?

Specifics would help? Anything that leaps out at you?

Seems too cramped now.

Add space crawling in further on the screen, icons nearly overlapping, etc.

Seems too cramped now.

Add space crawling in further on the screen, icons nearly overlapping, etc.
Weirdly enough we have plenty of people claiming too much white space.

If you can get a screen grab and post it to show specifics I can work on them. I do see one ad issue at the top.

All the below feedback is for accessing bigfooty via my mobile:

When clicking the circle to be directly linked to new comments on mobile it'll often take me to the bottom of the thread, rather than the first "unread" comment

The buttons across the bottom don't line up. "Share" and "tweet" are a little higher than the others.

When opening up on mobile it's fine when viewing vertically, but should I go horizontal and back to vertical I'm suddenly zoomed out and not back to where I was originally viewing.

Having a notification on both my username and the notifications section feels redundant

I'm not sure whether this will be something that comes along with any menu changes; but it would be nice if the menu followed down along the screen so you're not having to scroll back up.

Fairly minor in the scheme of things, but if you're messing with the menu anyway it might be something to consider.

The colours do seem better across the board today, and i'm not sure whether I've just gotten used to the font size or if it's actually larger, but it seems easier on the eye to look at for more than a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back