AFL 2018 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

higgins to get 3 votes today just to make it more interesting

could be a 5 way tie this year

Thinking Ward and Whitfield

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Heads Up - Ladbrokes have now adjusted Max Gawn's odds. He's still showing 12-1. He's second favourite and as short as 6-1 elsewhere. Lads offers cash out, so you can double your money if they adjust to reflect the market. Whether you think he can win or not is irrelevant, if you get him at 12's and he comes in to 6's, you will double up.

Additionally, Gerard Whately talked him up over the weekend. No doubt he'll follow up those thoughts on AFL360 tonight, which should see his odds adjust accordingly > https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/07...-brownlow-would-be-a-triumph-for-the-umpires/

Heads Up - Ladbrokes have now adjusted Max Gawn's odds. He's still showing 12-1. He's second favourite and as short as 6-1 elsewhere. Lads offers cash out, so you can double your money if they adjust to reflect the market. Whether you think he can win or not is irrelevant, if you get him at 12's and he comes in to 6's, you will double up.

Additionally, Gerard Whately talked him up over the weekend. No doubt he'll follow up those thoughts on AFL360 tonight, which should see his odds adjust accordingly > https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/07...-brownlow-would-be-a-triumph-for-the-umpires/
Yeah had a look around. They all bringing Gawn and Gaff odds in.

I don't know why Cripps is still lingering in the top picks...not disputing his impact on games, he's an amazing player, but Carlton haven't won enough, or even been close enough for him to get 1 or 2 votes in those big losses. I think Gaff and Gawn will shorten even more over the next few weeks.

I don't know why Cripps is still lingering in the top picks...not disputing his impact on games, he's an amazing player, but Carlton haven't won enough, or even been close enough for him to get 1 or 2 votes in those big losses. I think Gaff and Gawn will shorten even more over the next few weeks.
100% agree

see you point but cash out doesn't work necessarily like that does it?
i have a richmond/gawn double.. got 91/1 odds are now 20/1 roughly, original payment was 9k cash out offer is $300, how does that work?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

see you point but cash out doesn't work necessarily like that does it?
i have a richmond/gawn double.. got 91/1 odds are now 20/1 roughly, original payment was 9k cash out offer is $300, how does that work?

Not sure on the doubles. For instance, my Jaidyn Stephenson bet is offering me more than half of what I'd get if he wins. I'm currently offered $60 more than I put on Gawn.

Combination of big numbers, with huge contested possession rates, with a very fair style right under umpires noses. Markets have him right, I reckon. Will lose very few votes to teammates also.

Combination of big numbers, with huge contested possession rates, with a very fair style right under umpires noses. Markets have him right, I reckon. Will lose very few votes to teammates also.

The latest AFL Coaches Association votes have Gawn in the lead and Cripps in second place - 71 (Gawn), 68 (Cripps). Gawn received the perfect 10 votes in Round 17. Cripps received 8. Mitchell is a fair way behind in this one (58). Gaff is even further down (53).

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-16/aflca-votes-round-17-big-max-gets-max-votes

As I've said a few times and don't want anyone taking offence - coaches votes are near meaningless in the Brownlow.

Robbie Gray - 2014.

As expected, Whateley talked glowingly about Gawn on AFL360 tonight. He said he is leading most player awards, not just Coaches Association. Aware of the difference, but the buzz on Gawn is pretty strong. If he isn't where everyone is expecting him to be in voting to this point, no amount of media sway will get him home now, but if he is, and his form sticks, he's a real chance.

But as previously stated will lose a ton of votes to players on the teams he keeps getting flogged by

But as previously stated will lose a ton of votes to players on the teams he keeps getting flogged by

Look at it this way..how many team.votes do we expect Carlton to poll?
Brisbane were bottom last year with 5 wins and polled 47 team votes.

Lets say Carlton ger 32+ as a team for the season. Then consider how many of those will go to players other than Cripps. Won't be many - hence why he is shorter than ladder position normally suggests. In theory.

As expected, Whateley talked glowingly about Gawn on AFL360 tonight. He said he is leading most player awards, not just Coaches Association. Aware of the difference, but the buzz on Gawn is pretty strong. If he isn't where everyone is expecting him to be in voting to this point, no amount of media sway will get him home now, but if he is, and his form sticks, he's a real chance.

Absinthely a big chance, won't deny that and as I posted a page or so back, doubts on a few teammates ability to steal votes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back