Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 2 (cont. in Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Elliott says Mark doesn’t speak to the members. I was pretty cheesed off with all the trading out of players at the end of 2015 and sent an email to Carlton’s membership department saying there’s no incentive to renew.

A few days later Mark himself phone me and we spent a good hour talking about the club and where we are heading. I must say I was impressed that the president did that. He also advised me he was making a lot of calls to members.

So maybe Tom should get his facts right.

Did he really say "when my Dad etc etc"?

His Dad living in the past is the main reason we're still in the s**t we are now.

Seems like Tom is living in the past as well - exactly what we don't need!!!

Yup. If he's bringing Dad up, he needs a new campaign manager.

I would be quite confident that those recruited as DFA or mature rookies would have had it made quite clear to them that they would be spending time in the VFL & their 1 or 2 year contracts are just that (FWIW I don't believe Kerridge or Phillips fall into this category, with SOS specifically referring to both Kerridge & Phillips in the interview in relation to trades). These players would see the opportunity to be back on an AFL list as a better option than heading to the State Leagues, or Local Leagues, with no misconceptions that they are going to be long term at the club, unless they took their game to a higher level than previously.

Agree- it's up to the players to force match committee to pick them.

If they perform well enough why would the club let them go?

So Elliott says Mark doesn’t speak to the members. I was pretty cheesed off with all the trading out of players at the end of 2015 and sent an email to Carlton’s membership department saying there’s no incentive to renew.

A few days later Mark himself phone me and we spent a good hour talking about the club and where we are heading. I must say I was impressed that the president did that. He also advised me he was making a lot of calls to members.

The irony of an Elliot calling out lack of “corporate governance” and “ruling by decree”...

Please Tom.. if you loved the Club with no malicious intent or agenda, you wouldn’t add to the fire. Piss off.!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's brilliant.

I didn’t appreciate Dwayne Russell’s cheap shot at the end of this interview towards MLG, neither did MLG...Russell is always bias against us when commentating our games and you can tell he hates us...I’m adding him to the list...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Arya Stark list?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't believe Cornes and Lloyd believe half the s**t they say.

They take positions that they know will get a reaction. To them it's a game.

with Lloyd it's far more obvious that he's just getting a kick about causing controversy because there's always the hint of a happy face when he's asking questions .

The Cornes family has been making a great living, and attaining much sought after attention, by trolling the populace of South Australia for decades.

Hutchy has just taken Kane (chip off the ol block) national.

Lloydy, well, he's just a bit special. Kinda likeable, kinda harmless, kinda annoying, kinda naive, kinda gullible, nearly always wrong....but yeah, mainly just a tad special.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Cornes family has been making a great living, and attaining much sought after attention, by trolling the populace of South Australia for decades.

Hutchy has just taken Kane (chip off the ol block) national.

Lloydy, well, he's just a bit special. Kinda likeable, kinda harmless, kinda annoying, kinda naive, kinda gullible, nearly always wrong....but yeah, mainly just a tad special.

Kane’s just upset cos he’s older than his step mum.

I’m such a bitch.

Big deal. Stop acting like a PP is the be all and end all.

That poster was not acting like that at all.

Clearly made the point that it would be stupid to not apply for a pp and that is a fact.

Pick #19 -> Sydney
J.Lloyd -> Carlton

J.Lloyd essentially for free? LOL yeah it's smart to not try and do that isn't it?

Then we can still take #1, #24 + #27 to the draft.

Without that pick #19, will pick #24 get the deal done alone? Maybe, but might have to swap later picks. Then we only have 2 top 30 picks to go to the draft...

So it does make a relatively big difference to our recruitment this year.

I didn’t appreciate Dwayne Russell’s cheap shot at the end of this interview towards MLG, neither did MLG...Russell is always bias against us when commentating our games and you can tell he hates us...I’m adding him to the list...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was disgraceful, but typical of Russell. He is a s**t piece of work.

Name a club that has asked for a PP while the season was still going.

Incorrect argument to make.

No one is suggesting we come out and demand one while the season is still going. (at least, I haven't read anyone suggest that).

The point is, you keep quiet and ASSESS the situation at the end of the season. If we have only 1 win, then we most definitely SHOULD apply for a pp.

But to come out during the season and say, we aren't going to ask for one is just stupid. Should've kept it all under wraps.

His dad was president for 19 years & we won 2 premierships in that time: 1987 & 1995. We also finished on the bottom for the first time in our history, got whacked with the biggest salary cap punishment & were financially up the creek.

To put some perspective on this, & Tom Elliott should really open his eyes, in the 15 seasons prior to his father becoming president, we won 6 premierships, 2 of them in the 3 seasons during which Ian Rice was president. This is the type of success I strive for.

Amen. Further more the 87 flag player group was already basically there before Elliott come along. So he can count himself certainly involved as one certain premiership of 1995 but that is all. He then built the silly idea of Legend's Stand which put club on path to debt and losing our own ground. Elliott's son is a ******* idiot. Your Dad caused us so much pain we still trying to fix the ******* mess two decades on. Thanks to your Dad I watch my team play home games at soulless Darklands.

Amen. Further more the 87 flag player group was already basically there before Elliott come along. So he can count himself certainly involved as one certain premiership of 1995 but that is all. He then built the silly idea of Legend's Stand which put club on path to debt and losing our own ground. Elliott's son is a ******* idiot. Your Dad caused us so much pain we still trying to fix the ******* mess two decades on. Thanks to your Dad I watch my team play home games at soulless Darklands.

Wtf revisionist history are you on about??

EVERY club president was involved in the pissing contest back then.

I’ll take each and every flag.

Ethics/morals.

Pfft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back