Who is the relatively unremarkable player you think back on fondly?

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got quite a few.

jason blake..
mark bolton
kayne petffier.
Anthony franchina.all time favorite
mark bullen bombers.
nathan Carroll for the dees.
chris hyde tigers.
shannon watt.
Jaime graham

plenty i liked who were uncool

Peter Riccardi is one. Seemed to play at the same level from the start of his career to the finish of it. Always adequate, never s**t, never brilliant - though he was fast and had a good left foot.

Felt really sorry for him as he missed out on flags at the start of his career due to some poor grand final displays, and retired a year before the drought breaker.

Peter Riccardi is one. Seemed to play at the same level from the start of his career to the finish of it. Always adequate, never s**t, never brilliant - though he was fast and had a good left foot.

Felt really sorry for him as he missed out on flags at the start of his career due to some poor grand final displays, and retired a year before the drought breaker.

He had some ripper battles with Peter Matera. Not quite Jakovich v Carey stuff but pretty entertaining.

Brad Pearce. I liked the way he suddenly blossomed into a very handy player in our 1995 premiership year and played almost every game that season. Kicked 52 goals including 4 in the grand final.

one from each team

ken mcgregor - adelaide
marcus ashcroft - brisbane
anthony francina - carlton
matthew lokan - collingwood
pevrill- essendon
steven koops - fremantle
david spriggs - geelong
glen bowyer - hawthorn
john baird - north melbourne
peter walsh - melbourne
jared schofield - port adelaide
greg tivendale - richmond
troy schwarze - st kilda
jason saddington - sydney
steven armstrong - west coast
matthew robbins - western bulldogs
What a great list you've compiled here. I do wonder though how fondly Tigers fans remember Greg Tivendale. I seem to remember that in some of those years Richmond finished 9th, that Greg , who was generally a pretty useful kick of the footy, would habitually miss gettable shots for goal at crucial times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

too many to mention, this is not a means to an end, but they all did their best...
evasion of answers to questions is crucial in terms of the future of the team... ;)

I've got quite a few.

jason blake..
mark bolton
kayne petffier.
Anthony franchina.all time favorite
mark bullen bombers.
nathan Carroll for the dees.
chris hyde tigers.
shannon watt.
Jaime graham

plenty i liked who were uncool
Our 2 Marks were undeniably unremarkable but I doubt many Dons fans remember them particularly fondly. Of course those who knew them personally may well recall them as great blokes.

At the Dogs, in no particular order.
Mark Hunter . (Lachie's dad)
Steve Wallis . ( Mitch's dad)
Rick Kennedy
Mich Hahn
Matthew Croft
Jim Sewell
Steve Kretiuk
Ian Dunstan
Mick Egan
Ross Abbey

Remove this Banner Ad