The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ox was rumoured for a November return but it now looks like he will be out for the "Vast majority of the 2018-19 season". If we see him it will be at the tail end of the season. Klopp has said this whole season for Ox is about recovery and rehab.

Ox was rumoured for a November return but it now looks like he will be out for the "Vast majority of the 2018-19 season". If we see him it will be at the tail end of the season. Klopp has said this whole season for Ox is about recovery and rehab.

Hopefully a fit Lallana + Fekir & Shaq will help the problem

Wonder if Shaq was brought in with this information on hand. Regrdless we need to hope we can get at least 3/4's of a season out of Lallana.
Wouldn't be totally shocked to see TAA maybe get pushed further up the ground late in some games. We have plenty of right backs (including Milner if needed) so be easy to swap around.

Wonder if Shaq was brought in with this information on hand. Regrdless we need to hope we can get at least 3/4's of a season out of Lallana.
Wouldn't be totally shocked to see TAA maybe get pushed further up the ground late in some games. We have plenty of right backs (including Milner if needed) so be easy to swap around.

Turns out he told everyone after the CL final. Shaq deal makes sense now at 13m.

We may even extend Milners contract by another season now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To put the loss of Ox into perspective, the following players are currently not considered to be in Liverpool's best 11;

Henderson, Shaq, Lallana, Milner, Wijnaldam, Sturridge, Karius :drunk:

Hopefully add Fekir - things a looking good :)

Most people might not consider Hendo in the best 11 but I'm pretty sure Klopp does.

Alisson - Deep down Klop must be really pissed off at Karius' CL final performance for him to make this move. Still can't believe we are getting him. Please pass the medical!

Ox - 3 ligaments damaged including ACL. Fekir better come.

Alisson - Deep down Klop must be really pissed off at Karius' CL final performance for him to make this move. Still can't believe we are getting him. Please pass the medical!

Ox - 3 ligaments damaged including ACL. Fekir better come.

I think it was the practice game that sealed Karius' fate. I think it dawned on Klopp that there was more than Karius' future at stake

Last edited:
I think it was the practice game that sealed Karius' fate. I think dawned on Klopp that their was more than Karius' future at stake
Was thinking this. Just hope we get him out to a loan club to rebuild his confidence so we can sell him for more when he gets better.

I think a few forgot just how good Lallana can be when fit.

A fit Lallana is in Klopps starting 11.

His touches in the box are vital IMO.
2 seasons ago he was leading us for touches/passes in the final 3rd I think

A fit Lallana will be great depth off the bench and for rotation purposes.

The call about Ward being potentially #1, and then him not playing, and then us going hard for Alisson... Did they spend an intensive period testing out Ward's distribution behind the scenes, or was it all a play so that Ward couldn't make an error that would potentially make the transfer fee even higher? Maybe Ward saw the comment in the press and was annoyed because he'd had no clear signs like that behind the scenes? He's been treated harshly. Again.
I think a few forgot just how good Lallana can be when fit.

A fit Lallana is in Klopps starting 11.
Agreed, except that our front 3 is obviously untouchable at the moment. Lallana was coming on for one of them a fair bit, wasn't he?

Maybe:

Sadio - Firm - Mo
------- Lallz
--- Keit - Hendo
Robbo VVD Lov TAA
---- Ally Becky

But I wouldn't be too surprised to see Milner and Clyne start ahead of Hendo and Trent due to both being in good form, and the latter's WC shenanigans. I would think Matip starts too, but he is returning from injury himself and given debates about who partners VVD it might be simplest to start Degsy.

I expect to see Fabinho coming on at 70mins a lot in the early season.

He did the tri factor of ACL, PCL and medial, never mind coming back, dunno if his career would ever be the same. Terrible stuff, and he did it while pressing and doing the team thing

Poor bastard. Can't rush his recovery on this one, physios will spend ages strengthening him. No reason why he can't get back to his previous levels.

Team for MD1 will be this as it stands IMO:

------------------Allison---------------------

Clyne--------VVD-----Matip---------Robbo

-----Keita----------Fabinho---------Lallana

-----Salah------Sturridge-------Mane

Rests for Firmino, Hendo & Lovren after going deep in the WC. Clyne gets the gig because of pre season. Not sure whether Fekir starts if he signs up with France going all the way at Russia 2018 although he only played a small part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back