Mega Thread Things that s**t me part XII - The Twelfth One!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People walking all over the place on the streets, up stairs etc.

Even idiots on bikes trying to weave through pedestrian crossings in the city

Look at how Japan do it

36346023_1916579851736228_7571131288116002816_n.png

Look at how Japan do it

Perfect system. Wouldn't work in the western world, as one person would see they could be quicker (as an individual) if they went the other side. Then the next person does the same - and you end up with chaos. Value system of the ALL exceeds the individual.

Its like our 3 lane road that shut down for 3 hours of the day then the traffic went the other way
Needs a movable barrier on the stairs, turn it into one person down based on demand

Look at how Japan do it

Any chance you got the number of girl far right 5th step from the bottom. Asking for a friend

I have something that shits me. I saw it first hand today. Now I'm young and spritely and whatever so I can stand but there were some older people standing on this train. I was standing too. And a mother with a 3 year old took up 2 seats. My problem with this is the kid was lying on his mum and the 2nd seat was mainly the mothers bag. Seriously how hard is it to put your bag on the floor, put the kid on your lap and offer someone else the 2nd seat?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ticketmaster telling me I can’t buy the two seats I want because it leaves the remaining seat friendless and yet when I look there appears to be ones scattered about the place

Having a nice meal at a Vietnamese restaurant.

And out comes the political discussion.

"Oh I miss little Johnny Howard. There's never been a politician quite like him since."

"I don't understand why people don't like Liberal. I think we need to have an IQ test".

"I saw Labor handing out how to vote cards in the cubicles of a homeless apartment. That was disgusting. They should not be allowed to vote."

"Us progressives tend to vote Labor so an IQ test isn't going to help much."

And here I am in the baby change room in the restaurant typing this while the s**t continues.

Perfect system. Wouldn't work in the western world, as one person would see they could be quicker (as an individual) if they went the other side. Then the next person does the same - and you end up with chaos. Value system of the ALL exceeds the individual.

Spot on.

In HK, where its dense, stairwells like that are adorned with arrows and everyone follows them. It's like oh theres an arrow, ill follow it. But people do it respectfully and well. People flow.

Akin to people here driving in the right lane under the speed limit, add to that driver next to that car going at the same speed thus cloggy up any flow.

I always get a cart for a few reasons.

- I don't own a buggy
- 90% of people use carts so if you don't get one you tend to hold up play

And yeah, I'm not really doing it for exercise. Normally it's just to get outside, play a game, enjoy a couple of beers and catch up with mates. Played this course from Happy Gilmore on Saturday:

46f.g035ui.940.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back