Tom Lynch - itshappening.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prefer Houli than Grigg , he was enormous for us in the GF and really should have won Norm Smith . Why not run Houli as a mid then.

Yeah I also prefer Houli as a player but we can cover him. He'd probably play well in the middle. We've seen him play in small spurts up forward and he's been good there also

Those twin imposters, success & failure.
As I see it, most clubs will have long periods without premiership success and Richmond and Hawthorn may well be two of them.
Drafts, salary caps, inequity in fixturing, AFL/Media meddling and luck will all play a part.
The advantage for both clubs is that they are BOTH extremely well run, play at the MCG and have strong memberships. Richmond are in the strongest position they have been in, probably for ever.
Taking off my Yellow & Black specs for a moment I would say that Richmond, Hawthorn and Collingwood are the most attractive Victorian destinations at the present moment as all have something to offer, different strokes for different folks.
Loving where we are at these days but footy is such a volatile industry.

We have learned from the past but AFL is set up like a communist party,you can see what a single Richmond flag has done,rules to be changed next year.

Nigh on 100k members and the AFL changing the rules,how good is that!

These are the things we fantasized about eons ago and now they’re happening.

“we’d get 100k members if we won a flag” tick

“the AFL would change the rules if we won a flag” tick

These are the things we fantasised and dreamed of but it’s actually physically happening.

Great times for the greatest club on Earth!

Carna mighty Tiges!

Houli is a better player, but we have many contenders for his role as a rebounding half back. Short has stepped up, and in the wings we have guys like Markov and Menadue.

We actually don't have a lot of midfield depth though, so would probably prefer Grigg stick around

Agree. I took from what they said though that culture is a huge part of the thinking. They were about an hour apart so it wasn't that they were singing from the same song sheet at the same time. I can see the older guys being moved on to create space for the younger players. It would be a smart long term move. But on the other hand if the individual is key to the culture of the playing group then they are likely to stay until forced out. It will be interesting to see what happens.

If we can pick up a decent mid 20 year old mid to replace Grigg then he might be part of the GC thing. They'd love him up there. Houli similar, but I wonder how much they are using him for creating a larger Islamic fan base. That was another thing Benny said - they are working to expand the local fan base (question related to Indians). It was very much not that they had plans, but that they were already actually working in these areas where there is a large population with low AFL membership to grow the Tigers. Muslims would be one of those areas, and Bachar is an exemplary spokesman.

What we need is a top quality KP that can run and ruck a bit = Lynch.

If we can't get someone that fills those needs, then stay with Moore and be happy that we have CCJ as backup backup.

The point of this is winning premierships whilst our window is open, not to stay competitive. If the player isn't a big step up on Moore then NO!!!

Agree. I took from what they said though that culture is a huge part of the thinking. They were about an hour apart so it wasn't that they were singing from the same song sheet at the same time. I can see the older guys being moved on to create space for the younger players. It would be a smart long term move. But on the other hand if the individual is key to the culture of the playing group then they are likely to stay until forced out. It will be interesting to see what happens.

If we can pick up a decent mid 20 year old mid to replace Grigg then he might be part of the GC thing. They'd love him up there. Houli similar, but I wonder how much they are using him for creating a larger Islamic fan base. That was another thing Benny said - they are working to expand the local fan base (question related to Indians). It was very much not that they had plans, but that they were already actually working in these areas where there is a large population with low AFL membership to grow the Tigers. Muslims would be one of those areas, and Bachar is an exemplary spokesman.

Would it be viable then to hope to keep Grigg and Houli on smaller deals and shed some of the plodders who can't get a game?
We need four spots to accommodate 3 draftees + Lynch. Hampson and Griffiths already gone. Could trade Bolton and have any of Miles, Lloyd, Townsend (although I'd rather loose Moore) and that let's us keep experience plus draft for the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is absolutely nothing wrong with acknowledging the fact that Hawthorn have a history of rebuilding quickly and having continued success.
He wasn’t saying Richmond are s**t. This joint is like a ******* cheer squad these days.

Yeah didn't deserve the abusive response he got. As you said, he was correct with what he said. We obviously all hope this is a major turning point for our club and that we see some sustained success with this group, but the Hawks have an unbelievable record no doubt.

That being said, I'd still come to Richmond.

So people can't express there views or talk about other clubs .I love the Brisbane lions of the 2000 era and there success and team etc.Not one of side's including Cats,Hawks or any other side after there era good enough to tie there shoe laces can't we express our opinions.

Nothing wrong with what Cotcho said his entitled to his opinions and we don't all have to agree and disagree.No need to be root about it tho honestly people need to relax a bit behaving like other boards.

Do you think there is any possibility that a player might also think that? Even just a 1% chance.

If you don't think it's possible you're a liar or naive.

He got asked a question and answered it honestly. No one should be told to piss off for that. How thin skinned are the people on here?

How about we all get over it now and move on.

Thanks legends, appreciate it. That will teach me to speak honestly I suppose :)

Cotcho.
Absolutely defend your right to have your own opinion.
Also defend other posters to passionately have their own.
Question.
Would you want to go to a club with Jeff Kennett as president?
There are rumours that Clarko wants out because of JK.
Also.
Why do you think Lethal went on record as saying that Richmond was now 'the' destination club?

I wouldn't if the decision was based purely on who was president. I wouldn't go Hawthorn if it was simply based on the uniform or playing in Tasmania. I was actually quoting someone's post that said something to the effect of "why would anyone choose to go to Hawthorn when they are on the decline". So to me that indicated that on field success was the only measure. And there are a number of clubs I feel can win the thing or go close on any given year. Would I personally choose to go to Hawthorn over playing in front of the yellow and black army...personally no. Because I love Richmond. But if i'm a player and want to look at "success" in isolation, how can you look past Hawthorn?

I know this is the Richmond board but imagine you're a player at the end of 2016. Do you go to Hawthorn or Footscray? I know we aren't Footscray and indications look like we will have continued success but as I said, over a 6 year period (my hypothetical career) I would back Hawks in over Richmond. Not that Richmond aren't there abouts. But the original question was framed in a way that implied that nobody would go to Hawks.

Why do you think Lethal went on record as saying that Richmond was now 'the' destination club?
I'd say because we are. But I wouldn't be turning down Hawks because "they are in the decline". I would be choosing Richmond because of the culture, the stability, the passionate fans etc. I will believe that Hawthorn, Sydney and Geelong are in decline when I see it. Like I said, they're never too far away.

Sooo about that Tim Fynch bloke?

Anyway, the Herald Sun release a "Trade TV" video with Jon Ralph and Sam Landsberger - Yes, it's very painful to watch a so I will save you the experience.

When they started talking about Tom Lynch they both said they think he'll be at Richmond and Sam interjects with: "You get the feeling that this Tom Lynch deal with Richmond was done 12 months ago, don't you?"

They're clearly BF lurkers and Tiger71 is their source.

Thanks legends, appreciate it. That will teach me to speak honestly I suppose :)

I wouldn't if the decision was based purely on who was president. I wouldn't go Hawthorn if it was simply based on the uniform or playing in Tasmania. I was actually quoting someone's post that said something to the effect of "why would anyone choose to go to Hawthorn when they are on the decline". So to me that indicated that on field success was the only measure. And there are a number of clubs I feel can win the thing or go close on any given year. Would I personally choose to go to Hawthorn over playing in front of the yellow and black army...personally no. Because I love Richmond. But if i'm a player and want to look at "success" in isolation, how can you look past Hawthorn?

I know this is the Richmond board but imagine you're a player at the end of 2016. Do you go to Hawthorn or Footscray? I know we aren't Footscray and indications look like we will have continued success but as I said, over a 6 year period (my hypothetical career) I would back Hawks in over Richmond. Not that Richmond aren't there abouts. But the original question was framed in a way that implied that nobody would go to Hawks.

I'd say because we are. But I wouldn't be turning down Hawks because "they are in the decline". I would be choosing Richmond because of the culture, the stability, the passionate fans etc. I will believe that Hawthorn, Sydney and Geelong are in decline when I see it. Like I said, they're never too far away.
I reckon Hawthorn were extremely lucky to hit the top just when the compromised draft hit, so no other club had a chance to catch them quickly. Notwithstanding that Clarko is clearly a good coach, the argument that they’re a well-run club I think is over-rated.

If I was Lynch, I would want to go to a club where I would be the cream on the top. He is a perfect fit for Richmond, whereas Hawthorn is a totally unknown quantity right now. They will probably be worse next year.

Anyway, the Herald Sun release a "Trade TV" video with Jon Ralph and Sam Landsberger - Yes, it's very painful to watch a so I will save you the experience.

When they started talking about Tom Lynch they both said they think he'll be at Richmond and Sam interjects with: "You get the feeling that this Tom Lynch deal with Richmond was done 12 months ago, don't you?"

what clowns. they have both changed their mind on a weekly basis on where Lynch was going.

Tiger71 is Jon Ralph, Jon Ralph is Tiger71

So I got Lycett, Membrey, more games into Moore, some constructive reasons why Casboult is a rather poor choice and I got kicked in the balls about 15 times. I will take that as a win, I am on the Richmond forums.

Now we are getting somewhere.

Also the oxymoron reference to 'Brains Trust' at Carlton.

If we can't find a David Hale then I am for the hold the line and develop our own.

I worry that recruiting Lynch on a monster salary pushes Houli, Short, Bolton and our second Ruckman Grigg out of Richmond; we will lose the brotherhood which is making us successful.

The player we want may not even be in our best 22 but is insurance for Jack or Nank.

Would it be viable then to hope to keep Grigg and Houli on smaller deals and shed some of the plodders who can't get a game?
We need four spots to accommodate 3 draftees + Lynch. Hampson and Griffiths already gone. Could trade Bolton and have any of Miles, Lloyd, Townsend (although I'd rather loose Moore) and that let's us keep experience plus draft for the future.

I'd guess Drummond must be close to the chopping block. So maybe one of two players of any quality to drop.

I don't think Bachar or Grigg are on big $. It's list space. I'd guess that they want to keep young players that are doing well in the VFL. So you either cut one or two of the most marginal of them, or older guys. If you can do a trade or two that sorts things out. We'll wait and see.

Example, if Shai wants out and a club offers a good pick then I guess the RFC will do their best without paying overs, then go as good a trade as they can.

Given that we already have 2 list spots empty we don't have a lot of pressure. Just the trade off of current success and future success.

can you make a post before you go on next time, i keep missing it!

what did you mention?

That I have 100% proof that tigs2010 and prodigy pick there bums and smell there fingers afterwards. Wheatley was rightly shocked and appalled. :p

In all honesty, i was ranting about the rule changes lol

That I have 100% proof that tigs2010 and prodigy pick there bums and smell there fingers afterwards. Wheatley was rightly shocked and appalled. :p

In all honesty, i was ranting about the rule changes lol

Hope you told wankley that hes a flog and has nfi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back