Random Random Chat Thread XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Howard Moon was 4mbps and unreliable before NBN, not sure about the speeds after but it was definitely more reliable for a fair while. Running streaming devices, phones, ipads, computers... it has a hard life.

I’ve seen the British version, it used to be on YouTube if you’re interested to see it. They watch the Queen’s coronation and live through war rations and such. The Australian version is on ABC iView right? Annabel Crabbe is never on any other channel I don’t think...

Howard Moon was 4mbps and unreliable before NBN, not sure about the speeds after but it was definitely more reliable for a fair while. Running streaming devices, phones, ipads, computers... it has a hard life.

I’ve seen the British version, it used to be on YouTube if you’re interested to see it. They watch the Queen’s coronation and live through war rations and such. The Australian version is on ABC iView right? Annabel Crabbe is never on any other channel I don’t think...

Yep it's on iView , I think the tail end is still on normal ABC too

Yep it's on iView , I think the tail end is still on normal ABC too
Yep, looks like the last episode is about to air. I watched the first episode just now, it looks very similar to the British one in terms of they're covering similar things in each episode (even down to the dripping on bread thing). I like the Australian history aspects of it though, the Olympics, migration patterns, etc. And I definitely prefer Annabel Crabb to the historian/host scenario of the British one lol

Saw the physio a couple of hours ago. Confirmed to be 4 week hamstring which means I've probably played my last game of football. Kinda sucks going out on that note.

In preperation for a trip?
Nah, more because we loved speaking it when we were in Argentina and Chile and would like to get better at it.

It’s pretty widely considered the easiest language for English speakers to pick up.

Could also come in handy for future travels or even work. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some people are arseholes!!

picture it...

the train, just before peak hour, its rammed, sometimes I like being a little taller than most, in this scenario I feel sorry for the shorties, faces pressed up against backs or worse. Not a single other person could fit, aisles fill ect.

We had stopped at 3 stations where nobody could get on.. I hate that look they give as you roll in full, their eyes, its angish, its pity, its hatred - they know they aren't moving for an hour...

We arrive at the 4th station, westgarth, door opens, wait for it to close... old mate in suit and leather satchel comes parting thru the crowd while mid conversation on his blue tooth earpiece - he wedges one leg in a gap, breaks away from his phone call to demand "can we move down the aisle a bit please?"

it was not a question, it was a demand, this is a man used to getting his own way, you can see it in his posture and his tone.. we are all beneath him..

Nobody moves, they cant but he somehow manufactures a wedge of space before the door closes... eye balls are burning holes in him..

He continues his phone call, quite loud, all can hear - he was obviously in marketing - he was discussing their next pitch

on he goes "pfft, people are idiots", "they are genetically wired to pay attention when their life is in danger" "so that's what we do, show them they are in danger... now we have your attention, heres our stuff.. haw haw haw" he breaks out into riotous laughter

I reckon there were about 100 eyes killing him slowly.

Next stop, door opens, a lady gets out, this a-hole deftly maneuvers his body to close off the space so an old lady couldn't get on to take it...

sometimes I wish I had the confidence to stand up to jerks like this.

anyone listen much to the crawf hirdy pod?

interesting insight into the Wangaratta incident..

Hird was using the experience to trial a new method of interstate travel - considering flying up for games on the day

So they decide to take the flight to Wang - weather is terrible, they take off in 2 planes from Essendon airport, players being sick, in the storms, lightning ect. Great preparation!

They get to Wang, the pilot makes one pass, cant land, too wet, goes in for a second, aborts, cant land - too wet. The pilot says sorry boys we are going back to Melbourne, Hird said no we are not., we need to play a game! the pilot said we barley have enough fuel to get back to Melbourne as it is, we are going now. OK said James, death isn't a worthwhile stand to make.

In the end one plane didn't have enough fuel to make it back, it landed at Tullawhile the other hit Essendon

Hirds phone rang, Ian Robson who had driven up was blasting Hird - then Hird goes, "the media gave it to me too, and I thought that would be the biggest controversy id ever be involved with at the club"

anyone listen much to the crawf hirdy pod?

interesting insight into the Wangaratta incident..

Hird was using the experience to trial a new method of interstate travel - considering flying up for games on the day

So they decide to take the flight to Wang - weather is terrible, they take off in 2 planes from Essendon airport, players being sick, in the storms, lightning ect. Great preparation!

They get to Wang, the pilot makes one pass, cant land, too wet, goes in for a second, aborts, cant land - too wet. The pilot says sorry boys we are going back to Melbourne, Hird said no we are not., we need to play a game! the pilot said we barley have enough fuel to get back to Melbourne as it is, we are going now. OK said James, death isn't a worthwhile stand to make.

In the end one plane didn't have enough fuel to make it back, it landed at Tullawhile the other hit Essendon

Hirds phone rang, Ian Robson who had driven up was blasting Hird - then Hird goes, "the media gave it to me too, and I thought that would be the biggest controversy id ever be involved with at the club"

They have been great lately. That one with mick mcguane was an amazing listen too.

Just dont get the type of footy talk on tv these days.

this doesn't make any sense though. the afl - and most sporting leagues - don't allow this to be an option for the obvious reasons. hence every Big Bash season some poor team has to fly to Perth on xmas day because Perth always gets a Boxing Day home game for some inexplicable reason. Same day interstate travel isn't even allowed for pre-season games, but since the game was within the state, it was technically allowed. (so the club was playing around with a loop-hole......) but i don't see what long term use it would have had...? australian sporting leagues as a whole really aren't in the position to 'relax' this requirement. and i'm fairly certain the travel rule was in place prior to the Wangaratta fun ride. i mean, i know it's extremely lame to even discuss this 6 year old incident, but...!

interestingly enough, looking at this 2017 Regulations document, the loophole actually still exists (page 101). it should really be rewritten to say something like "any travel for a game that requires the use of planes must be completed a day before the game" or whatever

this doesn't make any sense though. the afl - and most sporting leagues - don't allow this to be an option for the obvious reasons. hence every Big Bash season some poor team has to fly to Perth on xmas day because Perth always gets a Boxing Day home game for some inexplicable reason. Same day interstate travel isn't even allowed for pre-season games, but since the game was within the state, it was technically allowed. (so the club was playing around with a loop-hole......) but i don't see what long term use it would have had...? australian sporting leagues as a whole really aren't in the position to 'relax' this requirement. and i'm fairly certain the travel rule was in place prior to the Wangaratta fun ride. i mean, i know it's extremely lame to even discuss this 6 year old incident, but...!

interestingly enough, looking at this 2017 Regulations document, the loophole actually still exists (page 101). it should really be rewritten to say something like "any travel for a game that requires the use of planes must be completed a day before the game" or whatever

People liked to portray Hird as the mastermind of this devilsh cheating campaign thru the saga - its things like this that moreso point to he fact he was just niave - thinking he could change the footy world with new ideas ect

Also probably shows the gap between he and the suits upstairs may have been unabridged from the start. The way he said Robson had driven up and was upset at what transpired, also the link where you mentioned this isn't even a proper legal practice via regulations.. seems like a bit of the canary in the cage for what followed

Ok if we have any legal eagles in here I'd like to get your input if I may. I don't have all the specifics here so bear with me.

A good friend of mine recently took their small dog to a pet grooming shop in Moonee Ponds. They left the dog in the care of the grooming staff and were told to come back in a couple of hours and collect their dog. When they turned up to collect their dog it was dead & were not told how it occurred by staff despite wanting answers.

As there was no physical evidence on the dog as to how it died my friends believed it may have have accidentally hung itself as the leashes on the grooming tables are short, there are no guards on the tables and the tables are quite high. All it may have taken is for a phone to go, the staff member takes the call and leaves the dog by itself, comes back 5 minutes later and that's it. Needless to say they took the body of the dog to their vet who confirmed it died by strangulation.

The shop has continued to deny any wrong doing and is operating as if nothing happened.

Surely there are laws in place that would make this business culpable or at the least responsible? Does anyone have any idea? Would love to help out my friend if I can.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back