2018 Rolling All Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s where I disagree I feel Cotchins influence onnthe Tigers side is huge he doesn’t need a lot of possessions to do this.

He’s in my side at this stage.
I guess if you want to leave out a deserving midfielder in order for a bloke having an average season that is your call

I guess if you want to leave out a deserving midfielder in order for a bloke having an average season that is your call

I’d be having him in as a reward for his captaincy alone. His form has been extremely good.

I’d be having him in as a reward for his captaincy alone. His form has been extremely good.
For his captaincy alone?

So players make it for supposedly being good leaders?

It’s a team so yes you need a captain so we really need Rance getting the captaincy
Hurn is your captain. And his form has warranted his selection

I haven't followed Geelong that closely but with the fewer wins it definitely feels like there haven't been as many gushing 'Danger/Selwood dragged them over the line' pieces from Gerard and Robbo on AFL360 on Monday nights. Neither are having a s**t season and nor are Geelong, they're just not as prominent in the media circle jerk.

Yeah, i need Robo and Gerard to help me form an opinion also.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gray shouldnt make it this year. Averaging 21 touches due to spending most of the year up forward. Also has only 25 goals so will struggle to kick 40. So doesnt get in as a forward or mid this year.
Yeah, I agree. His performance has dropped off for the past few weeks. Dusty or Caddy would replace Gray for the HFF position.

Gray has barely played in the middle. Only averaging 21 touches and less than 2 goals a game. Doesnt get in for mine.

Name another player that averages 21+ disposals and 2+ goals a game? Don't get me wrong I hate the whinging flopper, but he is a gun and wins games off his own boot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cotchin is having a very average year. 6 games with under 20 possessions and no impact on the game is too much.
Well you have certainly put your total ignorance and hate on show for all to see...Again. Cotch would be in Richmonds best 2 players this year. It's not all about possessions as he used to be. It's the complete package that makes this his best season to date. If the top team in the comp doesn't have at least 2 players in the side, then there is something clearly wrong.

Name another player that averages 21+ disposals and 2+ goals a game? Don't get me wrong I hate the whinging flopper, but he is a gun and wins games off his own boot.
Gray isn’t averaging 2 a game.

And if you want in that range, well, Hogan is averaging 18.8 touches and 2.5 goals a game.

Hurn is your captain. And his form has warranted his selection

I'd have no problem with Hurn being named captain based on form up until round 18 - he's had a brilliant year and could well be very deservedly raising the premiership cup in a couple of months. But your inability to appreciate the impact that Cotchin has on games of footy detracts from your otherwise pretty sound outlook on the game. Relying upon stats you can count while checking your fantasy footy scores as the main foundation for your stance is pretty flimsy to be honest.

Anyway, there's every chance that Richmond might only have one or two players in this year's AA, even if we win the flag. The media is digging deep trying to find some, but I just don't think the team playing style is set up to feature individual heroes. I wouldn't have Dusty in my AA best 22 - he had quite a flat couple of months through May and June. Cotchin would be on the fringe, Riewoldt would also be knocking on the door but like Cotch no certainty. Only really Alex Rance would be a definite at this stage, and even he hasn't been as spectacular this year as 2016 and 2017 - just that there's simply not five other defenders who have have been as creative, durable and miserly than him in 2018.

That said, if they picked a top 100 AA, Richmond would probably have a dozen players in it.

Last edited:
Mitchell, Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Oliver, Sidebottom, Gaff, Higgins, Beams, Dangerfield, Pendelbury, Selwood, Grey
Can see you really struggled when you chucked Selwood and Gray in there, no way has either of them been better than Dusty.
Fyfe has missed too many, so take him out too. Pendlebury is borderline but Dusty is still ahead.

So youve got 8 at MOST. And with 5 games left Dusty can still end up in the best 3-4 for the year

Well you have certainly put your total ignorance and hate on show for all to see...Again. Cotch would be in Richmonds best 2 players this year. It's not all about possessions as he used to be. It's the complete package that makes this his best season to date. If the top team in the comp doesn't have at least 2 players in the side, then there is something clearly wrong.
so its hate if i dont rate a players season is it?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can see you really struggled when you chucked Selwood and Gray in there, no way has either of them been better than Dusty.
Fyfe has missed too many, so take him out too. Pendlebury is borderline but Dusty is still ahead.

So youve got 8 at MOST. And with 5 games left Dusty can still end up in the best 3-4 for the year

I'm not going to pretend to have watched all richmond's games so comparing Selwood to Martin is fraught. However I have watched all of geelong's, and Selwood has been exceptional. That's not through bias either - I wouldn't have Dangerfield in the team, for example even though he's been pretty good.

You don't need to be struggling to put Selwood in the mix.

Average season? Hes $21 for the Brownlow and =8th favorite. Also sitting 13th in Coaches votes, only 1 vote behind Dusty and equal with Oliver.

I love the way that Cotch plays now but I can only see him being named if he is on the bench and named captain. I don't believe he will get in for his overall body of work this year by itself.

Cotchin's from has dropped off a bit of late. He was great first half of the year. Having average mid season form will probably mean he builds up again coming into finals. Reckon he has bigger things on his mind than AA selection.

so its hate if i dont rate a players season is it?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well, dislike is probably a better term. Which is only translated to that from jealousy. That's all that usually warrants the crap that any Richmond player, (or supporter:cool:) cops in the minds of most around here. Bagging Rance being the perfect example. Amazing how the bottom feeders think it's really cool to bag anything Richmondy around here. :rolleyes:

Guaranteed likes for the attention whores though I guess. Very important part of the being on the forum for most. How's your reputation travelling with the Richmond hate sorry, dislike sorry, jealousy? Racking those likes up? Good stuff champ, keep it up! You'll be at God level before long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back