What are you listening to right now? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope, never, are they any good?

I'm really enjoying Iceage and the other band from their frontman called Marching Church.

They're Post Punk pretty similar to Iceage (who are very good) which is why I brought them up. I've been raving about them in this thread for months. The music is incredible but their front man is incredibler.

Hard to post a favourite song since they're my favourite band at the moment but here's a couple

The last one there is far and away my favourite song from this year

They're Post Punk pretty similar to Iceage (who are very good) which is why I brought them up. I've been raving about them in this thread for months. The music is incredible but their front man is incredibler.

Hard to post a favourite song since they're my favourite band at the moment but here's a couple

The last one there is far and away my favourite song from this year

Thanks for the recommendation mate, will give them a try later. I'm really into Iceage and Marching Church at the moment, so if they're similar I should like them.

Also came across those guys recently thanks to youtube, quite like this song

GremioPower this is the song Virgin Ground by Redgum about the 1893 establishment of New Australia in Paraguay I mention in the Far West Footy thread.

Here is a Redgum song about Cow Country in Australia.

I dont know if you have the equivalent in Brasil or other parts of South America, but when drought or the dry season comes in Australia, it used to be common, still happens, but now trucks are used more often, but as the farms are big in Australia, cows are moved up to hundreds of kilometres from one part of the property to another, or from one property to another one, sometimes in another state. The guy on the horse driving the cattle is know as a drover. Sometimes there would be a handful of men sometimes up to a couple of dozen and the journey could take weeks. There was a small amount of women who became drovers as well as a lot of aboriginal men over the last 200 years. Whenever I hear this song it evokes strong images of parts of outback Australia I have visited.

Khe Sanh was a USA battle in Vietnam - Australian's weren't there. Don Walker allowed John Schumann to change the opening line to Long Tan - the biggest Australian battle in Vietnam. Lockhart Road has John told you about this?

Last edited:
Khe Sanh was a USA battle in Vietnam - Australian's weren't there. Don Walker allowed John Schumann to change the opening line to Long Tan - the biggest Australian battle in Vietnam. Lockhart Road has John told you about this?

Holy hell I’m covered in goosebumps listening to Schuey. This song and especially ‘We Were Only 19’.

There’s hardly an Aussie Vietnam Vet who is unaware that the song ‘Long Tan’ is an adaptation of ‘Khe Sahn’.
Khe Sahn, the place itself, was the closest US military post to the DMZ, America’s Dien Bien Phu, almost.
Check out ‘The Vietnam War’ on Netflix.
Sgt. Jeff Duroux was a survivor of Long Tan, went back to Vietnam for a second tour with 9RAR, didn’t come home.

Holy hell I’m covered in goosebumps listening to Schuey. This song and especially ‘We Were Only 19’.

There’s hardly an Aussie Vietnam Vet who is unaware that the song ‘Long Tan’ is an adaptation of ‘Khe Sahn’.
Khe Sahn, the place itself, was the closest US military post to the DMZ, America’s Dien Bien Phu, almost.
Check out ‘The Vietnam War’ on Netflix.
Sgt. Jeff Duroux was a survivor of Long Tan, went back to Vietnam for a second tour with 9RAR, didn’t come home.
We got the 10 part 10 hour version re-bundled by or for the BBC in December and January on SBS. I wrote about some of them in the general discussion thread back then. HBO or PBS showed the full 10 part 17 hours in September last year in the US and I guess Netflix is doing the same now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back