Kyabram DFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It will be hard to see Ardy fielding both ones and twos again for the rest of the season As today I’m told only 10 senior players were available therefore bringing up 6 from the ressies where both sides played 16 The game was nearly forfeited but at last minute they agreed to play It really amazes me how they are still up and running Really they are just hanging in there??

It will be hard to see Ardy fielding both ones and twos again for the rest of the season As today I’m told only 10 senior players were available therefore bringing up 6 from the ressies where both sides played 16 The game was nearly forfeited but at last minute they agreed to play It really amazes me how they are still up and running Really they are just hanging in there??
All the years that I have played for Ardmona today would be the most disgraceful display of umpiring I have witnessed to have a umpire participating in a senior game and not know the rules of the game really baffles me it harder enough competing against teams let alone having to compete with the umpire one umpire stayed in the Lancaster forward line the 4 quarters and made countless mistakes would not have changed the result just really disheartening for the young lads that show up each week
And there was no word of forfeit

There wouldn't be a Club in the Comp that wouldn't play Evans this week. Very much looking forward to venturing to Redleg park for what should be a cracker of a contest between Tally and Nagambie come Saturday. Ultra give us a Preview of sorts?

Seen the results of the game, but want to know your opinion doc? Wasn’t able to get there this week to watch the boys.

All the years that I have played for Ardmona today would be the most disgraceful display of umpiring I have witnessed to have a umpire participating in a senior game and not know the rules of the game really baffles me it harder enough competing against teams let alone having to compete with the umpire one umpire stayed in the Lancaster forward line the 4 quarters and made countless mistakes would not have changed the result just really disheartening for the young lads that show up each week
And there was no word of forfeit
I believe you could have counted the mistakes that young umpire on debut for his first senior game made, but the mistakes made by players on either side would have been heaps more.
We need good umpires as you know, and I strongly believe if this young kid sticks to umpiring then he will develop into a very good senior umpire. He is a great kid. No doubt the constant questioning and arguing made by the players would have rattled him. I felt for him at one stage and even yelled out to him to stay focused on the game as some players weren’t. I hope the abuse he copped doesn’t put him off.
Poor decisions does make it disheartening for players but poor sportsmanship is also disheartening for “young lads that show up each week” to umpire.

Seen the results of the game, but want to know your opinion doc? Wasn’t able to get there this week to watch the boys.
I enjoyed the game two quality sides went at it from start to finish. Tally finished the game the better and showed why they are on top but at the same time I think Nagambie would be optimistic they could beat Tally on their day. Micky Roberts is still playing great footy for Nagambie for a guy his age and kicked 5. I thought Karolidis was pretty good for Tally such a workhorse. Was an injury to Kane Handley but I don't know the extent. On another note what has happened at Violet Town? Their form this year has been woeful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I enjoyed the game two quality sides went at it from start to finish. Tally finished the game the better and showed why they are on top but at the same time I think Nagambie would be optimistic they could beat Tally on their day. Micky Roberts is still playing great footy for Nagambie for a guy his age and kicked 5. I thought Karolidis was pretty good for Tally such a workhorse. Was an injury to Kane Handley but I don't know the extent. On another note what has happened at Violet Town? Their form this year has been woeful.

Looks like Violet Town forfeited the twos game as well which is certainly concerning.

I take my hat off to Ardmona for continuing to stay resilient despite the floggings. Must be an extremely difficult task to stay motivated with your backs constantly against the wall.

I believe you could have counted the mistakes that young umpire on debut for his first senior game made, but the mistakes made by players on either side would have been heaps more.
We need good umpires as you know, and I strongly believe if this young kid sticks to umpiring then he will develop into a very good senior umpire. He is a great kid. No doubt the constant questioning and arguing made by the players would have rattled him. I felt for him at one stage and even yelled out to him to stay focused on the game as some players weren’t. I hope the abuse he copped doesn’t put him off.
Poor decisions does make it disheartening for players but poor sportsmanship is also disheartening for “young lads that show up each week” to umpire.
If it was played between 2 top 4 teams would it be a issue at this time of year

So the league an everyone gets a chance to take advantage of Ardmona

Mate I am sure that the umpires are not going out there to disadvantage Ardmona more than they already are. Common sense says that in every league in country Victoria that the the better ranked umpires get the games with the highest importance in that round

I love your passion for your club but I can't have this argument mate
Someone has to stand up for Ardmona
I love your passion for your club but I can't have this argument mate
not looking to argue mate just voicing my opinion as Ardmona has been a big part of my life an I am fed up with everyone taking the piss out of the boys that bust there ass every week an everyone seems to voice there opinions but until anyone is involved with the club an know what it is like to be in the situation we are it seems unfair that we cop this rubbish of the umpires my football days are well past me but I have decided to help these kids out

Someone has to stand up for Ardmona

not looking to argue mate just voicing my opinion as Ardmona has been a big part of my life an I am fed up with everyone taking the piss out of the boys that bust there ass every week an everyone seems to voice there opinions but until anyone is involved with the club an know what it is like to be in the situation we are it seems unfair that we cop this rubbish of the umpires my football days are well past me but I have decided to help these kids out

I domt reckon anyone is taking the piss out of those lads who take the field each week...they along with those of you still trying to keep the club alive have much admiration...I just,think that suggesting that umpiring point,mets conspiring against you is a bit of a stretch...again lobe your passion for the club and I wish there were more like you

Chicken what lm saying is ,if there is a opportunity for the umpires to teach some kids the game why not use the Ardmona situation, it’s got nothing to do with it being Ardmona , it’s just that at the moment Ardmona is the team they can use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back