Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread (Cont. in Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay the Pies versus Richmond. Basically a win-win.

If Pies win we have a shot for first. If Tigers win top 2 is basically ours.

Which do we want more?
Lots of suspensions would be nice.

Tigers win probably helps us marginally, gets us closer to locking down that 2nd spot. I don't think we'll catch them even if they lose, but I think whoever finishes fourth this year will be a bolter- GWS, Melbourne or Hawthorn even. Meaning that 1st v 4th will be facing a team with a great run of form.

Lots of suspensions would be nice.

Tigers win probably helps us marginally, gets us closer to locking down that 2nd spot. I don't think we'll catch them even if they lose, but I think whoever finishes fourth this year will be a bolter- GWS, Melbourne or Hawthorn even. Meaning that 1st v 4th will be facing a team with a great run of form.

GWS v Richmond with GWS winning and sending Richmond to play us in the prelim?

Okay the Pies versus Richmond. Basically a win-win.

If Pies win we have a shot for first. If Tigers win top 2 is basically ours.

Which do we want more?
Tigers please

Want them to keep winning and keep comfy....

Agreed with what have said, better for us realistically for tigers to win.

Ideally there would be a way for the tigers to finish third or worst but that seems fanciful so we just need to lock up top two.

Richmond win means that if we beat North we'll open up a 2 game gap to third spot. First or second is irrelevant since if we finish in one of those Richmond will be in the other.

Plus with the way the season is currently trending there's a decent chance GWS will finish in 4th spot. I don't want to be playing them in a qualifying final when they've got players back. Second spot does me fine.

Want Richmond to win and win big. Helps keep Collingwood off our tail and keeps a nice supply of bathwater going for the tigers players to drink

Plus with the way the season is currently trending there's a decent chance GWS will finish in 4th spot. I don't want to be playing them in a qualifying final when they've got players back. Second spot does me fine.
What about 2 weeks later when we have to play them in our home prelim? We really need Port to finish 4th and Pies 3rd. That would pretty much guarantee a GF berth as neither would trouble us at home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about 2 weeks later when we have to play them in our home prelim? We really need Port to finish 4th and Pies 3rd. That would pretty much guarantee a GF berth as neither would trouble us at home.
I'm not looking past a potential home qualifying final. Since losing that to anyone would probably lead to a prelim against Richmond at the MCG.

I'm not looking past North in Tassie ….WB 2016 haunts and lurks along with GWS last year , finals are different players handle the situation differently .
Luke Shuey's wife is expecting a baby due late September , Simmo just shook his head when hearing this news anything can happen finals time .

Who did we trade for Koby?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Basically Cripps and a bit of a pick downgrade

Stevens to Bulldogs for pick 43 (Josh Saunders)

Pick 40 (Brodie Murdoch) and pick 43 to St Kilda for Cripps and pick 45 (Brant Colledge)

So Stevens and pick 40 for Cripps and pick 45.

Basically Cripps and a bit of a pick downgrade

Stevens to Bulldogs for pick 43 (Josh Saunders)

Pick 40 (Brodie Murdoch) and pick 43 to St Kilda for Cripps and pick 45 (Brant Colledge)

So Stevens and pick 40 for Cripps and pick 45.
Ah colledge....mr intangibles

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back