2nds Northern Blues 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheers, harks - cold out there - byrne unscathed

It was beautiful. Needed some vitamin D badly.

Probably the first time I felt as though I was barracking for a Northern Blues team, than just for the CFC listed players.
They were simply terrific; Wilson, Fisher, Palmer.......all of them actually, and yes Byrne got through fine.

Interestingly though TDK had limited time on-field. I don't count the minutes, but I doubt he spent more than 50% on the ground.

Collins? Only kept an eyer out for him in the second half and he's not the type we need.
Yes he is strong and takes a good mark, but otherwise a little too rigid and upright.
Would sooner hang onto ASilvagni for another couple of years, on the back of my limited observation.

So Byrne and Garlett straight in

Schuey a chance?

On todays effort, I was particularly impressed with Shumacher.
The one thing with him though, you can see that he's just slightly unsure of himself.
Not unsure when it comes to putting his body on the line, but unsure of what his best option may be.

May well thrive with Docherty by his side. You never know.

RoyalParade

Cancelled
Feb 19, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
On todays effort, I was particularly impressed with Shumacher.
The one thing with him though, you can see that he's just slightly unsure of himself.
Not unsure when it comes to putting his body on the line, but unsure of what his best option may be.

May well thrive with Docherty by his side. You never know.
Thanks harker.

Fisher worth a rookie spot ?

Coona Blues

Director of Coaching
Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Bundaberg, Qld
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tasmania
Given that we have a few who are barely serviceable at VFL level, Fisher and Palmer are probably deserving of rookie spots.
Depends how deep the cuts are, and how we manage the potential father/sons, but enough evidence to suggest both are worthy.
Fisher looked great in his under age year, but his (lack of) size obviously was considered an issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burgers45

Witnessed 8 flags
Apr 1, 2011
Mornington Peninsula, Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
71 - 98
FULL PLAY BY PLAY
Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4
Werribee 0.5-5 2.11-23 4.13-37 9.17-71
Northern Blues 4.1-25 9.3-57 13.5-83 15.8-98

WERRIBEE
Goal Kickers: M. Sodomaco 2, T. Gribble, K. Declase, J. Maishman, D. McFarlane, A. Hooper, B. Moloney, M. Munro
Best Players: M. Sodomaco, S. Collins, T. Gribble, M. Munro, J. Maishman, R. Barrack
NORTHERN BLUES
Goal Kickers: J. Palmer 5, K. Keppel 2, S. Fisher 2, J. Naylor 2, D. Lang, B. Myers, T. Wilson, A. Schumacher
Best Players: T. Wilson, J. Palmer, S. Fisher, A. Schumacher, C. O''Shea, E. Penrith

Last edited:

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
Penrith seems to be tracking okay.

On this matter, it seems as though he is composing himself before disposing of the ball, not missing as many targets.

He's certainly got the athletic profile to play AFL, hasn't gotten injured this season (I think).

How would you use him next year and perhaps in the AFL if he finds his way onto the rookie list, Jimmae?

Small defender? Outside mid? Defensive forward?

I feel like he can be molded into an AFL player under the correct guidance.

Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Word from Sydney is Fisher was a casualty. They liked him on their rookie list but decided to go with someone else. Due to perceived depth in their midfield stocks. Is apparently a really hard working guy with some good upside. Took him a while to get going n the VFL this year but moving state and starting in a poor vfl team isn’t easy. I want to rookie him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back