AFL Player #35: Matt Guelfi - Out for <insert weeks> with a calf strain - 18/3

Remove this Banner Ad

If he missed I just assumed that it would be for Phillips from St. Kilda who put in a very good game too. I'm sitting here wondering what the hell a Sam Taylor is?

Taylor was bloody brilliant, don't take it as a slight on Guelfi's game but we were playing s**t opposition and he's a mature ager.

He'll get one, I suspect it'll just be a bit later on when all the obvious ones have been ticked off

Banfield?
Spargo?
Lipinski?
Darcy?
There are not many remaining nominations left. They all had better games than Taylor. Chances are they have settled on Stephenson winning and draw remaining noms out of a hat.

Absolutely worth his weight in gold in the last quarter. The running with the flight punch ended in a freo goal but was so proud of his effort

I thought that was bad luck as that punch could have gone out of bound and it was courage, I love his second efforts and I think his kicking is improving.

Will be our hard but that every team has.

Pretty much my thoughts. You just know if it's his turn to back into a pack even if Tom Hawkins is going to crunch him he'll go.

Worpel with 32 touches will take it I think
Brodie: 27 disposals (11 contested), 6 tackles, 5 clearances
Worpel: 32 disposals (14 contested), 4 tackles, 2 clearances

Neither took many marks so didn't bother including that and neither hit the scoreboard. Surely Brodie takes it due to the much stronger opposition?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guelfi still has a major case of the splurts and is likely to miss a second week. Given how long it's lasting he'll have lost a lot of water weight and will be fatigued for quite a while after the bug itself has passed.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2018-08-07/skins-injury-update-rd-21

Guelfi remains unlikely to return as he continues to battle a nasty illness.

“We had Guelfi pull out of the game with gastro, it seems to be a severe bout.

“He’s still somewhat unwell today, so it would take a big turnaround for him to be available this week, although we still hold out some hope.”

Named as Essendon's Rising Star for 2018 at the Crichton tonight.

Impressive young Bomber Matt Guelfi has been named the 2018 Lindsay Griffiths Rising Star as the club’s highest Crichton Medal vote-getter under the age of 21 with fewer than 10 games of experience.

The midfielder debuted in round four and went on to play 15 games in the red and black, averaging 15 disposals, three marks and three tackles in a strong display of his promising talent.
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2018-10-04/rising-star-guelfi

He was really the only young bloke we played, wasn't he? I wonder who came second, must have been daylight.

Superb year none the less, it's amazing how quickly some of these guys adapt to the big game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back