Roast The lack of introspection from opposition supporters and compromised media figures.

Remove this Banner Ad

So, here we are, 37 years out of the wilderness, and it has happened. We have broken the AFL.
Just to clarify, it was ok for the AFL to intervene and move Lockett up north. It was ok for Ottens to leave us and go to Geelong. It was ok when we were "Richmondy", 9th mond, Richmung. It was ok when the Hawks were master recruiters taking a Frawley from a clearly flying Melbourne at the time, and Lake from the Dogs. Buddy and Tippett going to Sydney was fine.
It was ok for us to have the worst list since Fitzroy in 1996 when Hardwick took over and then had to rebuild through compromised drafts where we saw the birth of GC and GWS. It was ok when we were losing finals.
But hey, now, we have a problem. Richmond win a flag and now we have to have massive rule changes. Richmond win a flag and free agency is an issue.
Carlton supporters whinging after how many top 10 picks? Bombers fans whinging because they got penalised for being drug cheats. Melbourne supporters - see Carlton. Cats supporters complaining about the state of the game when Wells has kept trading out picks to maintain the list. I tell you what's lacking -
All these commentators who played for opposition clubs, or have championed their team like fan boys in the media, all these supporters who can't handle Richmonds success, they lack an emotional IQ where they can internally reflect and look within. Rather than be honest with themselves, what we are seeing is this toys out of the cot stuff, where rather than respect success and strive to be better, we now have this view of cutting success down and dragging successful organisations down to their level.
It's pathetic. And I hope like hell we win the flag and we jag Lynch.
The AFL is all about equalisation. We all play under the same rules. It would be refreshing to read or hear just once journalists or supporters be honest with themselves about their clubs and drill down as to why they are screw ups.

So, here we are, 37 years out of the wilderness, and it has happened. We have broken the AFL.
Just to clarify, it was ok for the AFL to intervene and move Lockett up north. It was ok for Ottens to leave us and go to Geelong. It was ok when we were "Richmondy", 9th mond, Richmung. It was ok when the Hawks were master recruiters taking a Frawley from a clearly flying Melbourne at the time, and Lake from the Dogs. Buddy and Tippett going to Sydney was fine.
It was ok for us to have the worst list since Fitzroy in 1996 when Hardwick took over and then had to rebuild through compromised drafts where we saw the birth of GC and GWS. It was ok when we were losing finals.
But hey, now, we have a problem. Richmond win a flag and now we have to have massive rule changes. Richmond win a flag and free agency is an issue.
Carlton supporters whinging after how many top 10 picks? Bombers fans whinging because they got penalised for being drug cheats. Melbourne supporters - see Carlton. Cats supporters complaining about the state of the game when Wells has kept trading out picks to maintain the list. I tell you what's lacking -
All these commentators who played for opposition clubs, or have championed their team like fan boys in the media, all these supporters who can't handle Richmonds success, they lack an emotional IQ where they can internally reflect and look within. Rather than be honest with themselves, what we are seeing is this toys out of the cot stuff, where rather than respect success and strive to be better, we now have this view of cutting success down and dragging successful organisations down to their level.
The AFL is all about equalisation. We all play under the same rules. It would be refreshing to read or hear just once journalists or supporters be honest with themselves about their clubs and drill down as to why they are screw ups.
Should post this on the MB... and tag Hasselhoff! :p

High quality post - do you feel better for posting it?
Because I certainly feel better for reading it....

High quality post - do you feel better for posting it?
Because I certainly feel better for reading it....

Honestly, what have we become and where are we headed? It used to be go out and make something of yourself. Now it's i want what they have, but i don't want to work for it.
Think about what i just said and apply it to football. There has always been good and bad games, there's always been a wooden spooner and a premier. This victim mentality and want of equality, it's garbage.
Don't ******* drag us down to your s**t level, ask questions.
Carlton should be dumping chickenshit on the doorstep of Optus Oval and demanding answers from their president.
Geelong if they miss should be asking questions of Wells and Scott.
Bombers, they need to suck it up and go through the pain of a rebuild and accept it's gonna take time.
All these short cutting mother *ers. No, it's time you got to taste 30 years. Then these people just might be more well rounded people.
Me? I'm enjoying the now knowing it won't last forever. It's called perspective. Ra Ra Ra (_Wang_)

The only thing that shits me out of all this, is the one big media identity we have (that is sane, KB has lost his marbles) is Richo.

AND HE DOESN'T STICK UP FOR US!!!!

And another thing, those of you in particular who supported the club in the 80's and 90's, remember the disdain we would cop from Essendon, Hawk, Geelong, Melbourne and Carlton supporters? Some of these supporters like Carlton are now the same ones crying and moaning about how Carlton is so s**t that their kids don't support their club. It's called karma you campaigners. You expect us to show empathy and sympathy to your cause? Mate, we stuck fat and copped all the s**t, and we have come out on top. I hope all your kids become tiger supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You had me at campaigner

Love it

It would be pretty awesome if we managed to win this years flag and then go through next season undefeated with a % of somewhere near 180% BECAUSE of the new rules.

If we end up with starting positions, we've got some very, very good one on one players. Rance, Grimes, Broad down back not to mention Jack, Dusty, Rioli would all be licking their lips having one out contests with their direct opponent. Throw in a fit and confident Lynch and the end result has the potential for carnage and more than a few extra tears from everyone.

Rest up boys and get well soon! Quality rant. :thumbsu:

And another thing, those of you in particular who supported the club in the 80's and 90's, remember the disdain we would cop from Essendon, Hawk, Geelong, Melbourne and Carlton supporters? Some of these supporters like Carlton are now the same ones crying and moaning about how Carlton is so s**t that their kids don't support their club. It's called karma you campaigners. You expect us to show empathy and sympathy to your cause? Mate, we stuck fat and copped all the s**t, and we have come out on top. I hope all your kids become tiger supporters.
Right at the mo cb, they’ve got nothing , nothing at all

The wheel turns. And it tends to turn over poorly run clubs, and lifts up well run clubs.

The guys you're talking about don't want to know that. It's too hard and involves more than passion. It requires hard analysis, sticking to long term plans, quality people and a culture of succeeding. That's just too hard to worry about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back