Resources BFFCL Official Sign up Thread [See new thread in OP]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried it this morning. And cricksim works on Mac. Didn’t sim a game, because I don’t know how to select a team. It was an issue I was having last time.

I’m really questioning if we will get 75-80 people for a new league. And I don’t see a future for the league if we can’t get this. That why I’m Suggesting four teams to begin with. If you want 6, having a third team join the thread will help activity. And as suggested on the other page, having multiple games a week, it will mean we won’t have to create as many threads.

Don't make the season to long, have mid week games so they don't get mixed up with the SFA.
Don't stress about activity at the start, just make it different to the SFA.

How about 6 teams with 8 posters in each team and another 8 international players on your side and you drop one every time you sign someone?
It adds a different side to the banter.

So numbers wise we'd need to experiment a bit, batters and bowlers can choose their particular types as well...You can also choose your stadiums pitch, whether its fast, spin or normal.

At the moment I have:

Pure Bats = 0 Bowl 7 Bat
All Rounders = 5/5
Batters that part time bowl are 7/3
Bowlers are 3/7

Probably a bit harsh on all rounders, and pure batters might need to bump up to maybe even 10...

Also you can pick who bowls what...

So I simmed a match, seemed to work fine....but it doesnt actually spit out the stats/commentary anywhere that I can find, so...Yeah not sure.

I feel like the old Sim I used was actually easier to manage once you figured it out. Will suss out some more this weekend if I get time.

Here's the numbers for the original sim, ratio them to fit the new sim:
Starting Averages
Each player shall start the season with the following average according to player type :-
Batting average / bowling average
Pure Batter:

43/99 Test
-:-
45/99 OD
Keeper:

42/99 Test
43/99 OD
Batting All-Rounder:

31/32 Test
33/32 OD
Pure All-Rounder:

28/29 Test
30/29 OD
Bowling All-Rounder:

25/26 Test
27/26 OD
Pure Bowler:

19/19 Test
21/19 OD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some kind of rating. Because the original sim doesn’t have the options of pure bat, wk, etc. the numbers do that for us.
They're averages, batting and bowling. So the higher the batting number, the more they'll average, the lower the bowling average, the less they'll average per wicket.

I'd be happy to participate/help run it.

Without browsing back in this thread, is anyone able to shed light into what was wrong with the old sim and how far we got with the new one?

I think if we're gonna reboot this thing we should just start with a T20 comp.
upload_2018-9-17_20-33-9.png

Okay guys, akkaps has sent me the link for a sim, so if anyone is interested in starting a committee just like this post and I'll add you in. Candidates should preferably have some experience in the league but I'm willing to make exceptions.

The Old Sim was OK, but just limited. And sometimes spat out odd things. And couldnt do T20, only T25 as the smallest overs.

If theres a new Sim that does T20, ODIs and Tests AND is forum supportive that'd be great.

The biggest issues I had previously running it was:

A) Getting teams submitted
B) Getting games posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back